Radisson Hotel Port Canaveral

JoJoCruz

JoJoCruz
Has anyone ever stayed here and used their park and cruise package? We are wondering how the stay was and if the parking was safe. I have seen mixed reviews. :confused3

Room was fine. My husband did not like the bed (sleep-matic adjustable??) and didn't sleep well, but no complaints from rest of family. Nice grounds. Nice pool.

We actually did not purchase the package. We found a better deal getting the room then signing up for park n cruise separately. Friendly staff. We waited 5-10 minutes both to and from port. Would recommend them and use them again.

Has anyone ever stayed here and used their park and cruise package? We are wondering how the stay was and if the parking was safe. I have seen mixed reviews. :confused3

Hi,
We were on the Fantasy Sept. 15-22 and stayed at the Radisson the night before leaving on the cruise. Originally we were going to take advantage of their park-N-cruise package but ultimately decided to park at PC instead. After seeing their parking lot, and knowing how much my husband babies his truck, I'm glad we opted for the covered parking and security of PC. Now, please don't take that as meaning Radisson's parking is horrible. I just know DH would have been a worrier on the cruise and ohmygosh had ANYTHING happened to his baby...errr truck...even so much as bird poop it would have been a very miserable 10 hr. ride back to Atlanta! The parking is probably fine but I loved the convenience of just being able to disembark and start that looooong ride home without having to rely on transportation back to the hotel, loading/unloading/and reloading all the luggage from their shuttle to our truck, etc. Yes PC is expensive but for our family it worked and we will part at the port for future cruises.

About our Stay:
We arrived at the hotel right when check in started. The process was smooth, everyone was nice, and they gave us the keys to our rooms. (MIL was traveling with us so we had 2 reservations) Our first rooms were at the very back of the hotel so it was a bit of a hike to the pool, restaurant, etc. The parking back there looked kind of sketchy to us but it wasn't horrible. Neither of the rooms, however, had been cleaned and were absolutely DISGUSTING. Whoever had them the night(s) before obviously enjoyed themselves and our 5 year old son saw some things that no child (or momma!!) should ever see in a hotel room. I won't go into details but when my son was "this close" to picking up what he thought was a "funny balloon" laying out in the open in the bed, well we hightailed it outta there quickly. Granted, Radisson can't control the behavior of their guests 24/7 but please clean the rooms before assigning them to someone else! The 2nd set of rooms ended up being fine. We were much closer to the front of the hotel, pool, restaurant and everything else. The comfort mattress remote didn't work for one of our beds but we didn't need it. Both rooms were clean and suitable for a 1 or 2 night stay. The grounds of the hotel were beautiful, staff was friendly and we would stay there again in the future but we would ask first if the rooms had been cleaned! :rotfl:

We stayed at the Radisson the night before our Dream cruise back in June. Our TA got us a great rate for the room and the parking. I found out by ready Trip Advisor that the hotel has renovated and unrenovated rooms. I called ahead of time to request a renovated room and was told it would be no problem. I also called the day before our stay to request the shuttle time that we wanted. Check-in was smooth and we indeed did have a renovated room as requested. The pool area is beautiful. We didn't get to enjoy it very much due to the lightening, but it was lovely. They do have sleep number beds and while my kids enjoyed them, my husband and I could do without them. We didn't sleep well....but maybe that was because we were so excited to be going on the Disney Dream!

Parking was fine. Our car had no scratches or dings when we returned. The Radisson shuttle was already waiting in front of the Port when we disembarked so we did not have to wait. It's maybe a 5-7 minute ride to the Port. We would definitely stay and park here again. :)

We have done it twice and will again this December. Both times have worked out very well. Best thing is that we disembark as soon as possible and the shuttle has been there both times within a few minutes of clearing customs. Keep in mind that the drivers appreciate a tip, so have a few bucks in cash ready for both ways.

I is just awful! There was a family of rats by my room! I booked almost a year ahead and my transport time was 1230pm. Plus on days when there are numerous ships it is easier to take a taxi. Country inn and residence inn are so much better. The Radison was just dirty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter