"Quietest" non-quiet pool

goofy78

DIS Veteran
Hi! Just getting back from a wonderful trip at the Beach Club! Everything was great at the hotel. Beautiful new rooms and best location in my opinion. One thing that was not that great was the amount of people at the main pool. I am not complaining that there were too many people at the pool because 1. It's Florida 2. I was there in August and 3. It's a vacation and people go to the pool on vacation. I just realized that in order for me to enjoy the pool at the resort more on my next trip I would prefer a quieter pool but not necessarily the quiet pool at the resort. I was wondering about the Grand Floridian or the Boardwalk pools. Does anyone have any input on a "quieter" non quiet pool? I know a pool at any resort is going to be busy but there must be one that seems less crowded. Thanks!

They all have activities (games and such) during the afternoon and as such, are not quiet. I'm afraid in the summer they are all rather busy too.
Is there a reason you don't want to use the quiet pools?

We have found Luna Park at Boardwalk Inn to be the quietest feature pool of the deluxe resorts we have visited. There are afternoon pool parties but it is definitely not as a high energy as Stormalong Bay! After a morning at the parks we need something a little restful for our pool time but like to enjoy the fun features of the main pool.

Now, my experience with almost every pool at WDW is in passing as I have only got in a pool once in the many visits I have had. That said, I would think that of all the pools in WDW that Stormalong Bay at BC would be busy most days compared to some of the other pools. Many people choose to stay there just for that particular pool and plan to spend time there.

We've found CSR's main pool to be fairly quiet as well. In contrast, CBR was a mad house.

I think WL also has a fairly quiet main pool. The pool over in the villas area is also quiet, nice, and large though not the feature pool.

We've found CSR's main pool to be fairly quiet as well. In contrast, CBR was a mad house.

I think WL also has a fairly quiet main pool. The pool over in the villas area is also quiet, nice, and large though not the feature pool.
Agree on CBR. We were there for a week in June and stayed in the leisure pools instead of the themed pool because it was swarming with people. The "cooler" the pool, the more guests and activities going on.

CSR has a great pool area. If you go during a convention, the main pool is fairly empty.

I was going to suggest CSR too even though it appears the OP stays deluxe. We were there in June and the main pool was never overly crowded. My wife was able to do laps on our non-park day and not dodge people or kids.

Is the Villa pool is closing, or already closed, during the refurb?

The pool at Kidani Village at AKL we practically had to ourselves one morning in July. It was fabulous. More folks came as the day got hotter, but still, it was the least crowded Disney pool we have ever visited.

We had the pool almost to ourselves at AKL as well. We were in the main pool at the Lodge, not the villas. However, it was November but still--there were maybe 5 kids max in the pool, including my own, from 3-6 pm each day. Most days it was just us and the lifeguard.

In May and October, we found the two Animal Kingdom pools not bad most of the day (went several times each week to both the one at the villas and the lodge). Yes - a bit of a peak of activity for a couple hours late afternoon, but that was about it. I've also been to CSR in October - and since that's definitely convention season - I thought that feature pool was practically empty!

CBR.... yuck. Won't return there due to the craziness of that main pool. Too small of an area fenced in for the size of the resort. There wasn't even space for me to put my towel/shoes anywhere - let alone an empty chair. Tried a couple different times - early afternoon, dinnertime, nada. Gave up and had to settle for local quiet pool. Went the last week in August last year. Even our experiences at the main pool at AoA have been better.

They all have activities (games and such) during the afternoon and as such, are not quiet. I'm afraid in the summer they are all rather busy too.
Is there a reason you don't want to use the quiet pools?

I guess my reason is because I have a pool at home and it feels too normal? If that makes any sense. Thanks for your input!

We have found Luna Park at Boardwalk Inn to be the quietest feature pool of the deluxe resorts we have visited. There are afternoon pool parties but it is definitely not as a high energy as Stormalong Bay! After a morning at the parks we need something a little restful for our pool time but like to enjoy the fun features of the main pool.

I was really hoping someone would say that the Boardwalk pool would be a good option. I am hoping to stay there on my next visit. Thanks!

Now, my experience with almost every pool at WDW is in passing as I have only got in a pool once in the many visits I have had. That said, I would think that of all the pools in WDW that Stormalong Bay at BC would be busy most days compared to some of the other pools. Many people choose to stay there just for that particular pool and plan to spend time there.

I guess I forgot about that. Thanks!

I was going to suggest CSR too even though it appears the OP stays deluxe. We were there in June and the main pool was never overly crowded. My wife was able to do laps on our non-park day and not dodge people or kids.

Yes. We do stay deluxe. I should have mentioned that I was looking for deluxe resorts. Thank you though!

The pool at Kidani Village at AKL we practically had to ourselves one morning in July. It was fabulous. More folks came as the day got hotter, but still, it was the least crowded Disney pool we have ever visited.

While I loooved AKL, I don't see staying there with the kids. But if DH and I make it back alone, it would be my choice to stay there with a split stay at an EP resort. Thanks!

We had the pool almost to ourselves at AKL as well. We were in the main pool at the Lodge, not the villas. However, it was November but still--there were maybe 5 kids max in the pool, including my own, from 3-6 pm each day. Most days it was just us and the lifeguard.

Thanks for your input! AKL is awesome!

We have stayed at Jambo House twice with young children and loved it. It was particularly convenient because our room was so close to the lobby. That made traveling with a stroller super easy. The kids loved the animals and roasting marshmallows. I know many talk about the inconvenient location of AKL, but for us, the most difficult part of bus transportation is waiting and loading and unloading. Once you get that over with, an extra few minutes on the bus really doesn't seem like a big deal.

We have stayed at Jambo House twice with young children and loved it. It was particularly convenient because our room was so close to the lobby. That made traveling with a stroller super easy. The kids loved the animals and roasting marshmallows. I know many talk about the inconvenient location of AKL, but for us, the most difficult part of bus transportation is waiting and loading and unloading. Once you get that over with, an extra few minutes on the bus really doesn't seem like a big deal.

I totally agree about the location. I didn't find the resort to be an inconvenience at all. My kids are 17, 13 and 13 so we wouldn't fit in a regular room being a family of five.

I was really hoping someone would say that the Boardwalk pool would be a good option. I am hoping to stay there on my next visit. Thanks!
BWI is our favorite resort. Even the kids ask to go back there over BC!
PS - I have one and then twins too! Mine are 13, 12 & 12! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter