• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Quietest" non-quiet pool

We were at POR in late June and I LOVED the theme pool and the area around the pool - we went there one afternoon and it either wasn't crowded or didn't seem crowded - I think it's big enough that everyone can spread out. They had games and music going, but it wasn't overly loud. We had no problem getting towels or chairs.

The Courtyard pool at the GF was wonderful. No games at that pool so it was peaceful and relatively uncrowded. We went over to the feature pool and I tolerated it for about 30 minutes before we went back to the Courtyard pool. WAY to many people, kid's games, loud music for me.

The best quiet non quiet pool IMO is at CSR, but if you are looking for a pool in a deluxe category, my vote goes to the CR. It has never been busy when we were there. (Although we have never been in August). It is a very simple pool with a nice slide, but it has a lovely view over Bay Lake. Very peaceful and serene.

The best quiet non quiet pool IMO is at CSR, but if you are looking for a pool in a deluxe category, my vote goes to the CR. It has never been busy when we were there. (Although we have never been in August). It is a very simple pool with a nice slide, but it has a lovely view over Bay Lake. Very peaceful and serene.

The main CR pool was really hopping in July. We opted to use the CR "quiet pool" where they have the bungalows. It wasn't much better than the main pool. Kids were playing catch over swimmers' heads; using flotation devices as pool toys; and people were even eating in the pool. I wouldn't plan on CR being the place for quiet relaxation unless you go during a quiet time of year.

We have found Luna Park at Boardwalk Inn to be the quietest feature pool of the deluxe resorts we have visited. There are afternoon pool parties but it is definitely not as a high energy as Stormalong Bay! After a morning at the parks we need something a little restful for our pool time but like to enjoy the fun features of the main pool.

I totally agree. We've been at the BWI many times over spring break and the winter holidays, and it is never loud or busy here! A few times, my kids were among the only kids in the pool.
We went to one quiet pool over this past spring break, and my friend and I and our kids were the only ones at the pool at all.
Maybe the clown scares others off? LOL.

The main CR pool was really hopping in July. We opted to use the CR "quiet pool" where they have the bungalows. It wasn't much better than the main pool. Kids were playing catch over swimmers' heads; using flotation devices as pool toys; and people were even eating in the pool. I wouldn't plan on CR being the place for quiet relaxation unless you go during a quiet time of year.

Umm, OK, we don't go during months of June, July or August. Our experiences have been from Sept to May, so that might well make a difference.

I am confused, though. The CR doesn't have bungalows. Are you thinking of the Poly? It is the only resort with Bungalows as far as I know. Also, there isn't a 'quiet pool' away from the main pool, unless you count the second round pool right next to the main pool but more out into the bay.

I think she meant cabanas, not bungalows, at the pool. At the CR, the leisure pool is the bullseye pool closer to the water's edge. I thought the cabanas were at the themed pool, but they might be at the bullseye pool. It's been a while since we went to those pools.

Umm, OK, we don't go during months of June, July or August. Our experiences have been from Sept to May, so that might well make a difference.

I am confused, though. The CR doesn't have bungalows. Are you thinking of the Poly? It is the only resort with Bungalows as far as I know. Also, there isn't a 'quiet pool' away from the main pool, unless you count the second round pool right next to the main pool but more out into the bay.

Sorry...wrong word...I meant Cabanas not Bungalows...LOL. Yes, I was speaking about the round pool in the bay, without lifeguards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter