Quick Trip, need advice: Studios or AK?

One park option...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamie Willis

Earning My Ears
Hi! My mom is taking a business trip to Orlando next week, and just invited me and my girls (6yrs and 1yr) to tag along. We fly in Monday at 11am, and that's the only "park day" we have. I can't decide which park to do. My mom LOVES giraffes, and the girls LOVE animals, but Studios has so much to do for the littles. We are staying at the Dolphin, so location plays a role in the decision. We have tickets to MNSSHP for Tuesday night, so we will be going to MK too. Other time will be spent at Springs, and Resort. All advice welcome, we fly out at 7pm on Thursday.
Thanks in advance!

You mentioend distance in your post. Are you saying your skipping MK because you think it's far from dolphin? Property is large but it's maybe 10 more minutes to get to MK if that would be preferred and if your going to do disney for 1 day, that's usually the park to hit...

AK sounds like it would fit your family well. HS has some kids things but not a full day worth. If your all star wars fans then absolutely a good choice.

EDIT TO ADD: My daughter hasn't been young in awhile so grain of salt my choice

Last edited:
You mentioend distance in your post. Are you saying your skipping MK because you think it's far from dolphin? Property is large but it's maybe 10 more minutes to get to MK if that would be preferred and if your going to do disney for 1 day, that's usually the park to hit...

AK sounds like it would fit your family well. HS has some kids things but not a full day worth. If your all star wars fans then absolutely a good choice.

Thanks! We are going to MK for MNSSHP at 4pm on Tuesday, so that park is covered :-)

I love Animal Kingdom and that would be my pick.

However, if your kids are big Star Wars fans, choose Hollywood Studios.

After our last trip (we just got back 8/31), my DD and I pretty much agree that for a while we may skip DHS. Granted, I don't have a child quite as young as yours, but so much is gone now!

We do enjoy DAK a lot! Finding Nemo the musical, and the Lion King shows are both very nice if you can squeeze them in! The safari is always fun. Just walking the trails to see the animals is lots of fun, as is Rafiki's Planet Watch. We would have spent a lot more time there this trip, but the Lion King show's lighting set off a migraine for her, so we had to scurry back to the hotel for her to rest.

Since you're at the Dolphin, though, if it were me I'd go to Epcot! For a young child, you have the new Frozen attraction, plus the Living Seas and Turtle Talk, and the new Soarin' is amazing! It would be my very first choice!

At this point I am the odd ball. I would vote for DHS. My favorite ride is there, DS14's favorite ride is there, DS5 and I both love Star Wars, the fireworks are great and you can walk there from the Dolphin!

At this point I am the odd ball. I would vote for DHS. My favorite ride is there, DS14's favorite ride is there, DS5 and I both love Star Wars, the fireworks are great and you can walk there from the Dolphin!

I would go with Studios as well... our 2 and 4 year old love it!

Granted, AK is my least favorite park so I'm kind of biased.

We LOVE Animal Kingdom, however, for one day, with kids, I'd opt for DHS. (Can't believe I actually said that, LOL).

Reasons? There is just more to do. The rides, Toy Story of course, and Star Wars. Heck, after seeing the Star Wars fireworks on our trip a few weeks ago, I might actually say I'd go there over Epcot. They were simply incredible.

It really depends. There are a LOT of things to do at AK that are kid-friendly (dinoland area, safari, the shows, etc.) and a lot of interactive stuff like the adventures club. Would your kids be able to/be willing to ride scary rides like Tower of Terror and Rock'n Roller Coaster? How would they do in the scary parts of Great movie ride? If they wouldn't do those, that leaves 2 moving rides in the whole park to cover an entire day with the small handful of character meets and some okay shows.

I vote for AK. That is one of our favorite parks. DHS is my least favorite park. AK is beautiful at night!!!

I much prefer AK to HS (animal lover here too), but in your situation, I'd probably pick HS. Acutally I'D pick Epcot, but I don't have kids. It'd just make more sense to maximize your park time during such a short stay, and HS is so close that you'd spend very little time traveling to and from the park. AK is awesome, but it's farther away and you'd have to travel by bus. With HS, you could easily rope drop, do a lot of things, have a midday break back at the hotel, and go back at night for dinner, fireworks, more rides, etc. I think you'd get more bang for your buck.

I love AK, especially for girls those ages. My daughter has never liked HS and we never even bother with it anymore, even as season pass holders.

your children are 6 and 1 - go to AK ... I hate saying that because you are so close to Studios. But in reality there is nothing for a 1 yr old to do in DS except maybe muppet show ..possibly mermaid ...
kids love animals and safari and Lion King show are great

I much prefer AK to HS (animal lover here too), but in your situation, I'd probably pick HS. Acutally I'D pick Epcot, but I don't have kids. It'd just make more sense to maximize your park time during such a short stay, and HS is so close that you'd spend very little time traveling to and from the park. AK is awesome, but it's farther away and you'd have to travel by bus. With HS, you could easily rope drop, do a lot of things, have a midday break back at the hotel, and go back at night for dinner, fireworks, more rides, etc. I think you'd get more bang for your buck.

My kids' favorite park EVER in all their many, many visits since they were 2 and 4 has always been Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter