Question regarding Paid Dining :

terri01p

DIS Veteran
Today I called to add on the dining plan to my already exsisting reservations and the CM told me I couldn't because I didn't have a package deal. Whenever I first called and made my reservations the CM told me as long as I had a room I could add on the dining plan ( now I'm not talking about the free dining , but the paided dining ) does anyone know what the facts are ? Do you have to have a package or just a room ? I already have my tickets.

Dining can only be added to a package. The package must consist of rack rate room and tickets (any length of stay). The only exception are for folks renting points at the DVC and DVC members. They can add the dining to their reserations and not have the ticket requirement. Too bad you were misinformed. We are AP holders and bought the dining package for next week and had to pay rack rate room and bought at least one day tickets--which won't be used this trip, so will be tucked away for a future trip.

I would call them back and see if you can add the plan if you buy a one-day base ticket for each guest.

I know rack rate was required for free dining, but I don't see that specified for the regular MYW + Dining on the website. (Of course, the Disney website is notorious for sketchy info.)

You will definitely have to buy at least the tickets, though. But as posted above, you don't have to use those tickets; you can save them and apply them to future ticket purchases.

When I made our room-only (rack rate) reservation, I was told I could add the DP later as long as I bought at least a one-day ticket for each of us. I do believe the room has to be rack rate though. AAA sells packages that include the DP and are slightly discounted, but other than that, you can't get the DP if a discount has been applied to your room.

They do have some discounts that can be used with the DDP - you can see those on mousesavers.com. They are public codes. So Disney can and will offer code discounts on top of the dining plan package on occasion but the general rule of thumb is that it's only available for purchase with a rack rate or AAA rate room plus at least 1 day ticket for each party member.

You can easily change from a room only to a package, esp if you're paying rack for your room already. You just need to add a ticket for each person and the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter