Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Something that gives me escape is music. It can transport me anywhere in my lifetime. I remember being in young teenage love and a boy playing a song on the radio for me or driving fast being a badass when I was 17 and thought I was invincible. The first time I sent my husband to deployment I got in my car and laid my head on the steering wheel crying like I had never cried before and prayed for a sign that I was strong enough for this life. I turned on the car and "I Will Survive" was playing. God does have a sense of humor. I love all kinds of music from the sad to the happy and dancing around like no one is watching.

Question: What song gets you up dancing or at least bopping? What is a love song that makes you think of teenage love or current love? What's a song you play when just need to be mad??
Bopping ~ Uptown Funk or Happy
Love Song ~ Midnight Mess Around
Mad ~ hmmm, don't really have one. lol

Question: What song gets you up dancing or at least bopping? What is a love song that makes you think of teenage love or current love? What's a song you play when just need to be mad??

Boppin' ~ Do You Believe in Magic?
Love Song ~ Brown Eyed Girl
I don’t really have an angry song, so I’ll substitute a good cry ~ You’re Gonna Miss This

Last edited:
Boppin' ~ Do You Believe in Magic?
Love Song ~ Brown Eyed Girl
I don’t really have an angry song, so I’ll substitute a good cry ~ You’re Gonna Miss This

It doesn't matter how I'm currently feeling, every single time I hear that, I get a lump in my throat.

Lost me on this question.....not into music at all. My favorite is Christmas music. That's the only time of year I listen

Cool (for us) and rainy today here too......at this rate, our pool will never heat up.

Thursdays are usually movie day for DH and I, so we will pick a movie to watch here. I think today will be Frozen 2. He hasn't seen it yet and DGD is obsessed with the water horse, so he can see what is all about.

Dinner will be Weiner Kraut.......Kielbasa, cabbage, green apples, apple juice and a mixture of spices and herbs

Happy Thursday!
It's dark gloomy and threat of thunder storms. Exactly what we need on first day of spring and a pandemic going on. We are tough and we can make it. I'm looking forward to pretty weather and sitting out on our deck and using the fire pit. Of course, I'm looking forward to sitting out there with my girl friends and lots alcohol and smores. It's going to happen. I have a plastic junk drawer calling my name today and I'm going to get it done and finished.

Today's dinner is pulled pork sandwiches, green beans with bacon and onions (kinda repetitive with the pork I know) and mac n cheese. We are having a friend over. She is single and lives alone and it'll be nice to have someone else talk with for few hours. My husband ate our cake so now I need to make something else for dessert. I'm thinking a fruit cobbler. I have plenty frozen fruit. I'm thinking tonight would be good twisted tea drinks to complete my Southern style dinner.

I'll be posting a question in the next posting and going to catch up what everyone is doing on the DIS. I'm so glad ya'll sticking it out and participating. I need the diversion of reading your stories as much as you need mine. I left my job in crisis intervention late DEC and I KNOW I'm needed there now but I can't. My health and treatments means I need to stay home. I told my friends in text my husband has me locked up like a national treasure and he is guarding Ft. Knox. I like being loved. I can accept it.

To the bolded. I love that statement! You are lucky to have a hubby like Matt, He is a treasure in his own right. I never met him, but I bet I would just love him too! With your health, you need to be very careful right now. I am so glad to see a new post from you on this thread every morning. I even read them to my husband sometimes, and he smiles (yeah, he thinks I am a crazy DIS nut, but what can I say--since I am? ) :P

hmm..Music..I don't head bop much, I sing along, very loudly, and I do NOT have a great voice, but who cares?
Upbeat song would be anything Disney of course, and Happy from Pharell
Love song, would have to be Cross My Heart by George Strait
Angry song..don't really listen to music when I am upset or angry. Hubby on the other hand? He MUST blast Jethro Tull's Aqualung when he's really upset!

Dinner tonite will be leftover pork rack roast from Sunday nite, probably with mac and cheese and a salad. Trying to use up leftovers before cooking anything new. Trying to come up with a couple of weeks menu's now, so I can go thru the freezers and pantry and see what we have or might need for any of those meals. Planning on making a quick trip to Walmart early Saturday morning, just for fresh veggies, produce and dairy. A lot of the stores here are going to allow the first hour of being open , at least 1 day a week,for the over 60 crowd, so that will be a good time to go.

hmm..Music..I don't head bop much, I sing along, very loudly, and I do NOT have a great voice, but who cares?
Upbeat song would be anything Disney of course, and Happy from Pharell
Love song, would have to be Cross My Heart by George Strait
Angry song..don't really listen to music when I am upset or angry. Hubby on the other hand? He MUST blast Jethro Tull's Aqualung when he's really upset!

That's mine and DH's song. :lovestruc

Good day everyone!

Music - Obviously, with my Dis name, I'm a HUGE Bruce Springsteen fan, but oddly, that isn't one of my songs below.

Boppin' ~ Bust A Move by Young MC

Love Song ~ My wedding dance song: True Companion by Marc Cohn (the artist who sings Walking in Memphis)

Angry song (a/k/a Jamming in the Car Song) ~ Round and Round by Ratt

Something that gives me escape is music. It can transport me anywhere in my lifetime. I remember being in young teenage love and a boy playing a song on the radio for me or driving fast being a badass when I was 17 and thought I was invincible. The first time I sent my husband to deployment I got in my car and laid my head on the steering wheel crying like I had never cried before and prayed for a sign that I was strong enough for this life. I turned on the car and "I Will Survive" was playing. God does have a sense of humor. I love all kinds of music from the sad to the happy and dancing around like no one is watching.

I love music. I listen to almost anything. almost.

Dancing: As much as I hate to admit it, Everybody (Backstreet's Back) by Backstreet Boys and Jump Around (House of Pain) are guaranteed to get me on my feet. I'll shake my booty to Pour Some Sugar On Me (Def Leppard) anytime.

Love song: for teens...Journey (almost any, lol...Faithfully, I'll Be Alright Without You, Open Arms, Keep On Loving You) haha
Current: Jason Aldean's You Make It Easy will get me slow dancing with DH in the living room. K-Ci and Jo-Jo's All My Life. Bless The Broken Road (Rascal Flatts).

Angry: Cocky or I'm Wrong, but You Ain't Right or Fist of Rage (Kid Rock--graphic); quite a few from N.W.A (that I can't name here); Disturbed (Down With The Sickness); Limp Bizkit (Break Stuff)

Cry: Chasing Cars (thanks Grey's Anatomy) by Snow Patrol; Ana Nalick's Breathe (darn it Grey's...). Luthor Vandross's Dance With My Father. Tears In Heaven, Eric Clapton.

I am trying to be upbeat but it's been a hard morning. I am visiting my sister/nieces. She is a single mom, been through a bad divorce, and runs her own small shop in a tourist town. She had JUST paid for stock for the summer when this all started. Of course she has no business at all, and almost no money in the bank as she ordered/paid for her stock. She's not sure where she's going to get the rent for their apartment, much less for the shop, and of course this isn't the best time to look for a job. We spent the morning making the rounds of the local grocery chains, gas stations, and liquor stores (all of which we figure will stay open) where she applied for jobs. She is 60... who hires 60-year-olds?- and has always been in business for herself. She is terrified, sad, depressed... and we can't help financially, as we have our own concerns (and honestly only about 3 months' mortgage in our savings account). She's off to work, to open a shop that will be empty all day, and I am headed home to deal with my life. This is going to be bad, I am afraid.

On the bright side... just went shopping at the "new" store in town, Aldi. I go to Aldi when I am in CT visiting DD, so it was nice to be able to pick up some of our favorite things locally (well, closer than CT, hahaha). Better news is, they are hiring so my sister put in an application! It's a sunny day here in Maine, about 50 degrees, great driving weather, and we are going walking in City Forest when I get home in a few hours- me, DH, and DD, who is here visiting as her school is shut down. Dinner tonight is chicken, and tomorrow I'll make corned beef and cabbage. I LOVE boiled dinner, but DH is only a once-a-year fan.. so this is IT!!
It is harder when you are older but depending on which part of CT, Shop and Stop, might be a good place to put in an application. They do hire people older than millennials and at least for the markets I shop at during the summer seem to have a good staff retention record. As for the goods she bought for her shop can she sell them online?
I wish she and you well with the new beginning.
Remember when one door closes another one opens!:)

Thank you all for participating in this lovely thread :) I am grateful every day to God for each day, that I am Blessed with health and my Dad is too. Roof over my head. I also hold so dear that God is in control and try my best to live in that truth. These care crazy and sad times that is for sure, but it is a Blessing to grow stronger in my faith. I am also thankful to be part of my church's outreach effort to seniors and elderly, helping them with shopping so that they have needed supplies. Weather here in SoCal has been rainy and cold (for here) but also has been so clear :) Today all is dry and a little warmer, staying home.

My very favorite comfort foods are homemade mash potatoes (no gravy though just potatoes) and tollhouse cookies. Through church outreach I am able to "meet" a fellow church member I did not previously know who is helping to head the effort up so that is very cool. I also did try to email a few folks I don't connect with as often. I admit to not being a dancer at all lol but agree that Do You Believe in Magic is a catchy, dance-y tune.

Hug and prayers to all, take care! God Bless you.

Last edited:

Child of the 80s here - and luckily, my little one loves 80s music, too! I think his favorite bands right now are Queen and Rush.
Bopping (sort of - for me, this means "turn it up really loud and sing along") - It's My Life by Bon Jovi
Love - Lovesong by The Cure (DH's and my first dance at our wedding)
Mad - don't really have one, honestly. Maybe the closest is Epiphany from Sweeney Todd.

You're so very welcome! I did this as much for me as anyone else. Ya'll might be tired of my stories of life by the time this all said and done or know more than you never wanted to know :chat:

How's the homeschooling? I have seen some super cute places trying to help with kids' activities. The Shedd aquarium cameras are super fun because they are letting the penguins loose everywhere. I also saw where there lots of stars reading book stories on camera or doing drawing classes. I also saw abcmouse is doing some free engaging things for kids your son's age. That might be helpful. It'll help by getting him started into a new routine. It'll help everyone actually not just him. Starting setting up expectations to help settle down routines. You are doing great.

Thank you :hug: Homeschooling is okay...luckily he's only preschool, so I'm not expected to really "teach" him a great deal (I just don't have the confidence in my ability to do it). He absorbs a lot by just doing things, though, so I'm trying to keep his mind occupied. I do want to check out the Shedd Aquarium. Yesterday we started watching the Cincinatti Zoo's 3 p.m. presentations and we're looking forward to today's. Then at 4 p.m., we have a children's book author in the next town who is doing storytimes on FB as well, so we're doing those. His teacher wants us to read at home and keep a book log, and they will have a treat when they go back to school. I need to check out ABCMouse and also stuff on Scholastic.

I am feeling extremely down today, though. I really don't think I can do this for 18 months. I'm scared for our health, my DH's job, I worry that my son is going to remember this... :sad1:

Hi Tina! Thank you sooo much for starting this thread! I’ve loved following your threads and posts through the years!

I’m minniebeth and I’ve been a member here for 14 years since 2006. My family and I love all things Disney!
My DH and I are able to be home now with our high school senior. She loves school and is pretty heartbroken about missing so many of the senior ‘lasts’. Our son is a pilot with a major airline and is still ‘on the front’ flying. Our future daughter-in-law is an ICU nurse. They live in a different state and of course I worry about them both and miss them very much!
Our older daughter is in her fifth year finishing her Master’s this year in the health profession and was pulled from her clinicals so there is a chance their program’s students may not be able to graduate on time. She’s pretty heartbroken as well. We had a spring break trip trip planned to go to Disney tomorrow, and of course that’s cancelled and a big graduation trip for both my girls to Oahu/Aulani in May. That most likely will be cancelled as well. I don’t even want to go at this point even if we could.
Most importantly, we have quite a few at risk people in our lives we love that we are concerned for.
So life has been stressful, as everyone else’s has. I struggle with anxiety so I’m working hard to keep it in check. I don’t want to complain to anyone, we are all going through our own life’s changes. That’s why this thread is so awesome!

We are doing lots of self care things we don’t always have time for- cooking, baking, long walks, baths, reading, napping, tea time. We are doing what we can to still help make a difference in others’ lives- example our neighborhood school just had a food drive to fill bags for families who are food insecure for the weeks they are off of school (in addition to the breakfasts/lunches they can receive.)
We’ve also been participating in the neighborhood scavenger hunt for kids with the shamrock- the item will change weekly.

My favorite comfort foods are a big fat juicy cheeseburger and pizza lol.
I made a corned beef dinner on Tuesday and we had reubens last night.

I’m thankful that it’s the first day of spring and for my family staying healthy and that we have a loving home and food to shelter in place with.

My happy song is Happy ~ Pharrell Williams
Love... Wonderful Tonight ~ Eric Clapton
Angry... Thunderstruck~ AC/DC

The disboards is a special place for me and has been for a long time! Be well, stay well, everyone!

Child of the 80s here - and luckily, my little one loves 80s music, too! I think his favorite bands right now are Queen and Rush.
Bopping (sort of - for me, this means "turn it up really loud and sing along") - It's My Life by Bon Jovi
Love - Lovesong by The Cure (DH's and my first dance at our wedding)
Mad - don't really have one, honestly. Maybe the closest is Epiphany from Sweeney Todd.

Thank you :hug: Homeschooling is okay...luckily he's only preschool, so I'm not expected to really "teach" him a great deal (I just don't have the confidence in my ability to do it). He absorbs a lot by just doing things, though, so I'm trying to keep his mind occupied. I do want to check out the Shedd Aquarium. Yesterday we started watching the Cincinatti Zoo's 3 p.m. presentations and we're looking forward to today's. Then at 4 p.m., we have a children's book author in the next town who is doing storytimes on FB as well, so we're doing those. His teacher wants us to read at home and keep a book log, and they will have a treat when they go back to school. I need to check out ABCMouse and also stuff on Scholastic.

I am feeling extremely down today, though. I really don't think I can do this for 18 months. I'm scared for our health, my DH's job, I worry that my son is going to remember this... :sad1:
I don't think he will. :hug: My now 23 year old has zero recollection of the days and weeks after 9/11.

It's ok to give yourself some grace (and others). We are all struggling with the unknowns. Thank god we have the internet to help! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter