PTR - East Coast and US and WDW Nov-Dec 14

We're planning to get another annual policy when ours expires. And this time I won't need to muck around with pre-existing conditions :woohoo: I certainly feel your pain with that one!

If you go over to the 45 day one, does it still work out better value than 2 separate policies?

I had to make a claim on an annual policy earlier this year and they requested my flight itinerary as evidence of the length of my trip, so that's a good call checking with Cover-More. I have a feeling it will be the day you arrive home since you could make luggage claims at that point I think?

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

We're planning to get another annual policy when ours expires. And this time I won't need to muck around with pre-existing conditions :woohoo: I certainly feel your pain with that one!

If you go over to the 45 day one, does it still work out better value than 2 separate policies?

No, I don't think so. Without adding anything extra, the 32 day single policy is about $160 and the annual 45 day policy is $420.

Does the annual policy kick in from the time you get it, or the time you begin the first trip?

I'm possibly wrong, but I would have thought it would be from the time you get it. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to claim for any events that could cause you to have to cancel the trip. I would be reluctant to take the gamble of waiting until about Oct/Nov to get your insurance just so you can use it for Sep/Oct next year. In that case, I would say that the single trip policy is better as at least you can apply for it now.

You normally select the start date of travel with the annual policy like a normal policy so you're covered for cancellations and what not before you go.

WanderlustNZ said:
Does the annual policy kick in from the time you get it, or the time you begin the first trip?

Oh yeah, good point!

I wasn't initially going to, because I'm not religious, but I booked in for the Candlelight Processional. The orchestra and choir kinda sold it for me :music:

I wasn't initially going to, because I'm not religious, but I booked in for the Candlelight Processional. The orchestra and choir kinda sold it for me :music:

I think it's something for non-religious people to enjoy too. Kind of like a super duper carols by candlelight :rotfl:

I'm not religious either but would go to this in a heartbeat. I don't think you need to be religious to appreciate how uplifting something like this would be. :-)

Lol super duper carols! I do love me some Christmas music :) also, I booked 5 December just *** I had an opening in my schedule, and that just happens to be a Whoopi night (assuming no changes). Yeah!

Religious or not....I would book CP in a heartbeat! Glad you're booked. Well done! :thumbsup2

good on you, I would also go and see it, I dont think my boys or DH would enjoy it, probably complain, but I would take my girls. It is something that you would not normally do or see so I say go for it, thats what holidays are all about.:yay:

Not entirely trip related, but hey, why not share anyway hehe

I have this tiny wallet that I use when travelling, but I've decided it's just too small. So I was on the lookout for something simple...then I saw this...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DVRW45I?tag=backreac-20

I bought it from a woman who runs a site that buys items from Tokyo Disney, and had used her before. I didn't really need this, but look at it, it's so pretty! :cloud9:

The other not entirely trip related news is that late last week Tori Amos announced her Australia tour. And...it comes to Melbourne two days after I leave... :sad: now, I love Tori's music. She is the most amazing songwriter and performer. I followed her around the country the last two times she toured here. And her latest album is just incredible. So...this is a big deal for me.

She will be playing in Sydney (with the symphony orchestra at the opera house, no less sigh) on 11 November, which is two days before I fly out. I did give a lot of thought about whether I would make the effort to at least make that show. :confused: but I've figured the expense and effort, right before such a big trip, would be too much. I can't have everything! And the last thing that weighed into that decision was my dog - I'm going to be leaving her for a month already, did I really want to be without her for one more night? :guilty:

Very cute wallet.

Shame about Tori Amos. Maybe next time (but you still have time to change your mind.....:teeth:)

Shame about Tori Amos. Maybe next time (but you still have time to change your mind.....:teeth:)

Haha. I have checked the tickets a number of times. I knew I was going to be ok about not going when I checked for the first time on Monday (there was a presale) and was 'oh, the tickets are already on sale'. If my reaction was 'omggggggg TICKETS ARE ALREADY ON SALE!?!' :scared1: I'd be more concerned. :rotfl:

I understand where you are coming from.

My upcoming trip clashes with Justin Timberlake who I was very keen to see. I thought I would ease my disappointment by buying Katy Perry tickets instead, and then discovered that that concert clashes with another trip I'm doing.

Not that I can complain - first world issues and all. I'm not a massive fan of either like you are of Tori Amos, plus a trip is better than a concert any day. It's just that these performers venture down to this side of the world so infrequently, and I do love a concert.

On a positive note, I am going to see Sting and Paul Simon early next year. I grew up listening to groups like the Police and Simon and Garfunkel, so I'm excited. :thumbsup2

Wow, almost two months and no update...! I suppose there hasn't really been too much to add (which is a bit scary).

I booked in Philadelphia accommodation at Club Quarters when Orbitz had a 25% off deal. I booked my flight from Washington to Orlando with JetBlue, which gets me in at around 5pm, so I should have time to hang out at CityWalk that first night (I didn't go down it at all on my first trip). And that's about it.

Oh, there is an update on the MEL-LAX, and the LAX-BOS flight situation. If you remember, I booked on two different airlines leaving a nice three hour window, only to have both airlines move their schedules half an hour, squeezing my window down to just two hours. Well, the LAX-BOS flight was moved back out to about it's original time, so I now have a 2.5 hour window. I think I might take my chances with that.

And then my next dilemma is what flight to get for MCO-LAX, which will be on the same day I fly home to MEL. My LAX-MEL leaves at about 22:50. I was looking at an AA flight that gets in at 19:25, but then I checked the flight stats and it quoted an average late arrival time of about 80 minutes! :scared1: How ridiculous. The other one I'm watching is a VA flight that gets in at 19:55. It's average late arrival is just 20 minutes. But I'm not sure if that might be cutting it a bit too close.

These two flights are the only ones that are direct, allow me to leave in the afternoon (actually about 5pm) and get in three hours or more before the flight out. There are a couple of one stop flights, but that would mean leaving at about 1pm and then adding in the risk (and hassle) of taking two flights before the big flight home. Any thoughts?

Is there an earlier AA flight in the day? There used to be one in the morning and it tended to run more on time than the afternoon flight. If you get in earlier, you could book a 1/2 day rate at one of the LAX hotels and relax for a bit before the flight home?

Sounds like you are leaving your connection times pretty close. That would stress me out. I have had too many delayed flights in the US to plan that way. We normally get the morning AA direct flight MCO to LAX. If running on time (which it normally does) it gets into LAX around 3pm. We then either get a day rate at a LAX hotel to freshen up and relax or head down to Manhattan Village mall for a meal and last minute shopping.

My advice would be to go with a morning direct flight back to LAX. Not sure which airline you are flying with, but I remember reading in my research that AA would assist you if there was a domestic flight delay that resulted in you missing the connection to a Qantas international flight, even if the two flights were ticketed separately. It was one of the reasons we booked AA MCO-LAX for the return trip. Otherwise, I much prefer the planes and service on Virgin America.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter