PTR: A Spring Fling on the Dark Side ...2 Muggles Celebrate in Diagon Alley!

Yay :cheer2::cheer2:

Now you picture just reminded me that for DH's birthday we got a cookie cake with a minion iced on top - very delicious mmmmmmm......

Cute picture!

I think the way you plan is great. I wish I planned like that! I already wrote this, but we mess up a lot of our meals because I don't plan three a day, I only plan one and wing the other two. Next time we go I am going to force myself to put some thought into those other two meals!

Yay :cheer2::cheer2:

Now you picture just reminded me that for DH's birthday we got a cookie cake with a minion iced on top - very delicious mmmmmmm......

Love it!!! There's nothing better than cake....unless its cake with a Minion on it :teeth: .

Cute picture!

I think the way you plan is great. I wish I planned like that! I already wrote this, but we mess up a lot of our meals because I don't plan three a day, I only plan one and wing the other two. Next time we go I am going to force myself to put some thought into those other two meals!

Steve and I were chatting last night, and I think we are going to forego our quick-service breakfasts (we had 4 days that we thought we'd grab something simple for our morning meal at the Marketplace or at the parks). We've opted to dine at the villa those mornings instead, with something light (yogurt and fruit, cereal, toast). We'll keep our planned "big breakfasts" (Hash House.....did I mention that I bought a second Travelzoo voucher? .... Waffle House and IHOP) and then eat-in for the remainder. There's only so much dining out we can do without our stomach's revolting....and with Steve now 40 pounds lighter, he wants to try and keep it that way!!! :rotfl:

We are officially in the 20's!!! 29 days to go! :jumping1:

Now that we're down to under a month, I have been spending a portion of my evenings searching for some new swimwear for our trip (always better prices and a much greater selection from US retailers, so we tend to stock up on each vacation. Our Y pool seems to be particularly tough on the fabric, so I go through many suits over the course of the year). Sigh.....this process is always a good kick to the ego. Nothing like suffocating under the stark reality that I'm not 5' 11 and a size 2 :sad:.

However, I've short-listed a few that I don't hate. Of course, that could all change once I try them on!! :rolleyes2

I think carrot sticks and a garden salad are in order for lunch.

Not much new to report.....most everything is in place and ready to go. Near the end of last week, I did get our car rental reservation attached to our new Dollar Express account, so I think we can now officially skip the counter and head right to the garage on arrival :drive: .

Easter weekend has been a nice mix of busy and relaxing. We enjoyed a massive turkey dinner with my mom, my brother and his girlfriend on Good Friday, and a second round of turkey indulgence with Steve's extended family (both parents and all but one of his 5 siblings and their families) yesterday. Today has been restful and relaxing, with little more than a wonderful opportunity to sleep in (a real luxury!) and some swimming at the Y. Even that was super peaceful....being Easter Sunday, there was a whopping 5 people swimming lengths while we were there (and that included us!). Jake and Steve are both back to the grind tomorrow (Jake has class.....only two more weeks until his first year of college is over!!) and Steve has his normal work shift, but I am fortunate to get an extra day off.

On the fitness note, Steve is now down 41 pounds and continues to look (and feel) better every day :thumbsup2. We had some gorgeous weather on Friday (highs above +10 Celsius) and for the first time in forever, *I* had a hard time keeping up with *him*. Its weird to hear him talking about working out before we hit the parks.....he was definitely not the kind of person to visit the fitness centres at our resort on vacation. He is very much looking forward to checking out the great facilities at the Vistana!!

Just for fun, I have started to watch the weather (I know, I know.....it could change 20 times before we get there, but I can't help myself!!). Right now, it says sunny with the chance of a shower and a comfy high of 80 degrees. Fingers crossed!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/april-weather/328169

Just for fun, I have started to watch the weather (I know, I know.....it could change 20 times before we get there, but I can't help myself!!). Right now, it says sunny with the chance of a shower and a comfy high of 80 degrees. Fingers crossed!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/april-weather/328169

Yup good ol' accuweather showed sunny then rainy then sunny then rainy and cold up until we left. Know what we got? Solid sun and high 80's for two solid weeks. Accu is not for accurate, it's for "accused of being fraudulent"...

Dropped a little something for you and the family in the mail on Friday. Maybe that will give you something to spark up a little more planning as those final days rush by.:snail:

Dropped a little something for you and the family in the mail on Friday. Maybe that will give you something to spark up a little more planning as those final days rush by.:snail:

You are simply awesome :goodvibes . I cannot thank you enough!!! :hug:

Caught up!!!

Wow.....24 days already! It's flying past..........and congrats on the DH weightloss........that is so great :thumbsup2

We are officially in the 20's!!! 29 days to go! :jumping1:

Now that we're down to under a month, I have been spending a portion of my evenings searching for some new swimwear for our trip (always better prices and a much greater selection from US retailers, so we tend to stock up on each vacation. Our Y pool seems to be particularly tough on the fabric, so I go through many suits over the course of the year). Sigh.....this process is always a good kick to the ego. Nothing like suffocating under the stark reality that I'm not 5' 11 and a size 2 :sad:.

However, I've short-listed a few that I don't hate. Of course, that could all change once I try them on!! :rolleyes2

I think carrot sticks and a garden salad are in order for lunch.

I have such a hard time finding swimsuits and your post made me remember that I bought three of the same ones last year in different colours and happy that one of them is unworn so atleast I have one. I wore the others to death on last trip. 24 days and we swam atleast twice every single day.
I booked our one night at a Universal hotel today. Got a great deal at PBH hotel with hotels.com. They sent me a 12% of voucher and was surprised it worked for Universal hotel. I just saved £40 on my Discovery Cove booking so we decided to upgrade our hotel from RPR and now I have saved some more.
Still 4 months for us but before we go I have a week in Peuto Pollensa, Majorca, a long weekend in a 5* Conrad Hilton hotel in London and 4 nights on the Queen Mary ( but that's with my mum so might not be as relaxing!). We are very lucky but Florida is what I look forward to the most.

Caught up!!!

Wow.....24 days already! It's flying past..........and congrats on the DH weightloss........that is so great :thumbsup2

Its funny.....it felt like time was moving right along until the last few days, then for some reason time has started to feel like its passing much slower. Like we've shifted into a lower gear or something. Steve thinks its because the final things to do....Diamond Lane check-in, packing, etc.....really can't be completed until about two weeks before we leave, or later yet.

I'm trying to keep myself busy with some projects on the home front instead. We're planning to get the interior of our house repainted once we're back from vacation (walls, ceilings, trim.....generally just giving everyting a "refresh", so to speak) so I've got a couple of contractors coming this week to give me quotes. We've got snow tires to get taken off our vehicles (hoping that by mid-month the threat of snow will finally be past!!) and our driveway needs re-sealing (again, probably not until right after we return, but we can get things lined up before our trip). The yard needs a good raking but we still have to wait for a bit until its a tad drier and a lot warmer....brrrrr!!! Oh yeah, and my car needs a good spring cleaning on the interior. Better pencil that in for this weekend.

Hmmmm.....maybe I do have enough to keep me busy for the next few weeks! :rotfl2:

I have such a hard time finding swimsuits and your post made me remember that I bought three of the same ones last year in different colours and happy that one of them is unworn so atleast I have one. I wore the others to death on last trip. 24 days and we swam atleast twice every single day.
I booked our one night at a Universal hotel today. Got a great deal at PBH hotel with hotels.com. They sent me a 12% of voucher and was surprised it worked for Universal hotel. I just saved £40 on my Discovery Cove booking so we decided to upgrade our hotel from RPR and now I have saved some more.
Still 4 months for us but before we go I have a week in Peuto Pollensa, Majorca, a long weekend in a 5* Conrad Hilton hotel in London and 4 nights on the Queen Mary ( but that's with my mum so might not be as relaxing!). We are very lucky but Florida is what I look forward to the most.

:worship: Now that's a spring and summer itinerary I could live with. Lucky you!!! I am totally envious!! We usually do an early summer trip to Niagara Falls but I'm thinking it won't be in the cards this year. With three Florida trips in the works, out travel budget is feeling the stretch. Its also hard to get away with the kiddo, because he tends to work so much during his summer break (not complaining there....I'm glad he's ambitious and employed!!).

Good going on the hotel at Universal!! :thumbsup2 We have tossed around the idea of booking a one-night stay onsite at the Royal Pacific just for the express passes alone (assuming a one night room will be cheaper than two days of Express for 2)....but we'll see how May goes first, and what the crowd calendars predict for our mid-October visit. If our after-4 pm Express with our Premier AP's works out well, maybe we won't even need it?

On the swimsuit issue....like you, there's one particular brand that I have found fits me perfectly, so I think I'm just going to order a couple of their new styles. I had tossed around the idea of ordering a couple of other suits that caught my eye from various retailers, but then I'm setting myself up to fretting about fit, sizing, and even shipping (will they arrive in time? How hard will they be to return if necessary?). The brand I like has a few different colours and designs for 2015 that are kind of cute, and its comforting to "go with what you know". No surprises on quality either. Last year, I ordered 3 of the same suit (various colours/patterns) so I can totally relate to your purchase of multiples! Suits from the States are sooooo much cheaper than here at home, too, so I get swimwear I like and at a better price. Win-win :) .

Wahoo - it is getting closer. I was going to put the car through the cleaning machine, but since lots of rain is coming, I won't bother. Inside, yeah, I need to dump everything out and give a good cleaning too. We seem to always leave stuff in my car.

We are cleaning the yard, even with the low temps, as the very high winds the other day took down tons of branches, small and larger. I can't believe, we'll be back in temps that should be for mid February. No wonder no green or color still. Maybe May will be too warm. Gotta hope anyway.

Wahoo - it is getting closer. I was going to put the car through the cleaning machine, but since lots of rain is coming, I won't bother. Inside, yeah, I need to dump everything out and give a good cleaning too. We seem to always leave stuff in my car.

We are cleaning the yard, even with the low temps, as the very high winds the other day took down tons of branches, small and larger. I can't believe, we'll be back in temps that should be for mid February. No wonder no green or color still. Maybe May will be too warm. Gotta hope anyway.

Our local weather station reported the other day that our area is expecting another cooler-than-normal spring and summer. I am sooooo hoping he's wrong. I don't want oppressively hot, but some seasonal warmth sure would be nice!!!

Just popping in for a short update. We are officially at 3 weeks from departure!

There was an absolutely lovely surprise from a fellow Diser waiting in my mailbox after work last night, and it just made my day :yay: . In the middle of all the regular mish-mash of crap (a flyer for a pre-paid funeral plan, a newsletter from a local real estate agent, some mass mailing from our local MPP) there was this thing of beauty:

So.....last night, I had a ton of fun flippin' through all those awesome coupons and made a little mini-plan for our December vacation especially. A huge thanks to bankr63 (I hope he doesn't mind me naming him specifically) and his family for the lovely gift :goodvibes . Steve, Jake, Sweetie and I are very grateful for your kindness!

There was an absolutely lovely surprise from a fellow Diser waiting in my mailbox after work last night, and it just made my day :yay: . In the middle of all the regular mish-mash of crap (a flyer for a pre-paid funeral plan, a newsletter from a local real estate agent, some mass mailing from our local MPP) there was this thing of beauty:

So.....last night, I had a ton of fun flippin' through all those awesome coupons and made a little mini-plan for our December vacation especially. A huge thanks to bankr63 (I hope he doesn't mind me naming him specifically) and his family for the lovely gift :goodvibes . Steve, Jake, Sweetie and I are very grateful for your kindness!
Well, it looks much better sitting on your fine polished wood than in our heap of discarded paper from our recent trip. Glad to pay it forward, and even happier we could make your day a little brighter!

You know, it seems to be Murphy's Law. Right before every trip, we seem to suffer from some sort of "issue" that has the potential to negatively affect our carefully planned vacation budget. One year, our outdoor tap busted while we were at a family function and the gushing water flooded our basement bathroom (if you're wondering why our next door neighbours didn't see it, they're both blind :headache:). Several times, its been unexpected vehicle issues.

So of course, this morning, I should not have been surprised when the Service Engine Soon light was on in my car :furious:. And of course, I knew the warranty was expiring sometime this month :sad2: (though I wasn't entirely sure when). Ugh.

On a happy note, a call to the dealership confirmed that I have exactly ONE WEEK of warranty still left.....cue the sighs of relief. They can't get me in for a diagnostic check until Tuesday, but I drive my car very minimally so I'm not worried about the short delay (as long as they fix it before Friday the 17th, I'm happy). It's officially 3 years old (a 2012 Sonic) but only has 12,300 km in mileage on it (for my American friends, that's under 7700 miles) and it had an oil change just last month, so surely it can't be anything too serious. I really don't want to have to devote any of the funds I've earmarked for Minion souvenirs to auto repairs!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

20 days to go! Looking forward to one week from today, when I can submit my Diamond Lane requests for the Vistana!

Weather reports say we've got a week of warmer temperatures on tap beginning Sunday, with lots of sunshine too. Hoping that it stimulates some green returning to the grass and perhaps even some buds on the trees. Hope you all have a fun weekend planned :goodvibes . I am sure excited to vacuum and refresh the inside of the vehicles on Sunday afternoon!!

Last edited:
fingers crossed. Last month my brake light went on. Took back to the dealer, as new brakes (all 4!) were put on last summer. Apparently the cold weather decreased the fluid in the brakes, so that's why the light was on. No charge, as brakes were less than a year old. Thank goodness. Last year, I put 4 new brakes on, new water pump, new transmission and new universal. That about broke my bank. At least I can say I will be driving that car for several more years. It's almost 8 years old now.

On a pleasant note, did our taxes, and we don't owe as much as thought, with some coming back from one of the taxing entities. Yes, we have federal tax, state tax, and local income taxes. Oh and property tax was paid the other day. It's been an expensive April.

On the vacation front, DD has now said several times visiting museums will be boring. Well, maybe, but I hope to get other things to do in there too. She wants to learn to surf, so I will be seeing if there's a groupon or other and I will be looking for a discounted wetsuit, as her current one is almost too small. That kid costs me too much! LOL

Hope the weather warms for you. Today, we're still cool, with thunder and lightning, but at least the week-end looks to be no rain.

So happy it is getting closer for you. I can not imagine knowing I had three trips coming up to Florida! I so wish that was me, but I did book tentatively next February. One possible is better than none. Can't wait to read all about how much fun you will have enjoying a honeymoon trip again. That has to be very exciting to think about too since you have had your son with you for so long! I am also hoping that Spring arrives here to the North sometime soon- the temps. have warmed up some but it has been gray and rainy everyday this week. What I wouldn't do for some sun! What I wouldn't do to go to Orlando in 20 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter