process of booking AP discount

my3boys

Mouseketeer
For those who have gotten on-line and tried the new AP discount booking, are you shown the possible discounts before placing a credit card down for the deposit? If so, can you then check rates for several hotels to compare?

Thanks!

Yes, you will either see discounted rates or, if none are available for the resort you have selected, it will show you rack rate and will display a message indicating there are no discounted rates available so regular (i.e. rack) rates are shown. You can look at as many different resorts as you like.

Discounts for deluxe resorts seem to be a flat $70 off. Depending on your dates, you will probably see a subset of room types available. For example, when I checked BC for a set of dates, there were no standard rooms available. At YC for those same dates, only concierge level was available.

I haven't checked mods or values so I can't tell you what the discounts are like there, but there are many other posts here in the Codes forum where people have listed the rates they are seeing.

Also the system is somewhat flakey at present and even if it shows you availability, some people are being kicked out of the application when they actually try to book the room!

we are already booked for early december, 2 rooms. am i too late to try for an AP rate? we are at pop century. i went to the passholder website, but did not see where i could request 2 rooms. and the rate i was quoted i could determine if it was AP or rack. help!! :earboy2: :wave:

DisneyQueen, I also had a reservation at PC. I was able to get PC yesterday at $59 before tax, $65.60 after. You have to reserve one room, then the other. I used my AP, then DH's AP. At end of reservation is area to mark if you need connecting, or adjoining. Also space to put name of other person under whom room is reserved for connecting! I then called and had them link the 2 reservations!! PM if no clear. Or ask me any question. PC was coming up at $59 for my dates this AM also.

:earsgirl: shopgirl

This whole "Best Rate" thing is entirely confusing! Luckily, about a week ago, before they announced this new plan, I called in on my existing WL reservation at $195/night on AAA and upgraded with EXI to Boardwalk at $230/ night. I also booked two rooms together, which they previously said I couldn't do.

Since my dd was just dying to stay there, the $35 extra was nothing and somehow in the end our balance was only $75 more than before...go figure.

I think if they continue with the currect system, it will cut down severely on how many AP they sell. I hope it fizzles out, I hate it. :confused3

disney queen said:
we are already booked for early december, 2 rooms. am i too late to try for an AP rate? we are at pop century. i went to the passholder website, but did not see where i could request 2 rooms. and the rate i was quoted i could determine if it was AP or rack. help!! :earboy2: :wave:

Disney Queen --

I was able to book 2 rooms yesterday and I used the same AP to book them both. I had to make two separate reservations and make two separate deposits, but it let me do it. In fact, I was "walked through it" by a CM in CRO that I got on the phone and talked to.

When the rates come up it should be obvious if it is a reduced rate or not. There is a white box above the reservation you are looking at. If it is not a Passholder Rate it will tell you that no Passholder Rate is available for the time you have chosen and to either book the rate offered or change your dates or resorts. If it is an AP rate it will say so (in not so many words). But it was very clear to me that I was getting a reduced rate. Another hint is that if it is an AP rate the white box and verbage in it is small and if it is not a discounted rate it has a LOT more words and is larger.

Hope that helps!

I've tried this new site on two separate occassions so far. The Best Rate I've been able to get for Thanksgiving time is $88/night incl. tax at POP and $121 at POR. These aren't what I was hoping for. How did you all get $59 or $65 incl. tax at POP?

northern michigan said:
I've tried this new site on two separate occassions so far. The Best Rate I've been able to get for Thanksgiving time is $88/night incl. tax at POP and $121 at POR. These aren't what I was hoping for. How did you all get $59 or $65 incl. tax at POP?

Value season vs regular season. You are in regular season, that's why your rates are higher. Value season begins 11/27/05....you must be checking in before this date, which puts you in regular season...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter