Private Photo Sessions

princess jackie

DIS Veteran
Has anyone booked a private photo session? Tell me everything you can think of about it! PLEASE:worship: We are thinking of getting a nice family picture taken but want to know if its worth it. Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

We did this in 2008 at the Grand Floridian. Other than the fact that the photographer seemed to be preoccupied with my teenage daughter, it was good. I was genuinely pleased with the pictures... even if we had to remind him to take pictures of our son, and four year old daughter, my husband, and me. The pics did turn out nice.

I just booked the photopass session last night as a surprise for my DH and our 1 year anniversary. We were engaged on the beach at the Polynesian 2 years ago, so I though this would be a great way to celebrate our anniversary.
I don't know too much about it, but I was told last night that generally they take between 30-60 photos, but since it will just be the 2 of us, more than likely they will get in several more. I am hoping that they take several out on the beach rather than inside. I was told that they will take a few inside, some on the beach, and out by a few of the waterfalls.
I was also concerned with what time of day is best, but according to what I was told, it really just depends on if you are a morning person or afternoon person. They start the sessions at 8:30 am and go until 6:00 (possibly 6:30) pm. The session is about 30 min long and they will have your cd ready in an additional 15 minutes. It is $100 for the CD (which you will have all rights to). I don't think this is too bad of a deal... Especially if you are looking to make some great memories and want everyone in your party in the picture.
I'm still trying to decide what color shirts we will wear... I'm thinking I will have my DH wear a hot pink polo and I'll probably find some sort of light pink thin sweater.
I have also heard not to wear too much white, black, or crazy patterns.

Thanks so much for the information! We wont be doing this until 2011 when we go for our 10 year anniversary but I want pictures of the family and of just the kids. My parents are coming along as well so maybe I can convince them to get a couple of pictures taken and we can split the cost! Thanks again!

We have done Animal Kingdom, Poly, Grand Floridian twice, and this year going back to the Poly.

the AKL photos were ok...potgrapher didn't seem to know what he was doing but then again it was the first couple months that they add AKL to the choices.

Poly and GF we LOVE the pictures. I've done a freebie, a couple of $25 offers, and yes this year we're doing 40 minutes at the Poly on the 18th of this month.

My advice: go early before the sun blinds you, though a good photographer knows to have you close your eyes and open them just before he/she snaps the pics.

Ask for different things...scour the boards for shots so you have an idea what you like plus have fun. We have a blast and it seems the photographers really get creative when you are having fun. We have pictures of our DD smelling a beautiful rose, chasing a lizard, playing in the sand, etc. The posed ones are just as beautiful as the candid ones.

Here are a few of our shots:

image0687-1.jpg

image0323-1-1.jpg

image0302.jpg

image0367.jpg

image0355.jpg

image0729.jpg

image0692.jpg

image0342.jpg

image0333.jpg

A couple seem out of focus but in the actual photos they aren't. Not sure why they look that way now.

DD 7 and I did this last year at Poly. There were a few inside, but most were outside in the sand and on the hammock. They didn't turn out great because my daughter was squinted. The photographer tried to have her close her eyes before but it still didn't work well. While there were a few really nice pictures, the photographer could tell the session wasn't great. She arranged for us to come back. We could have reshot that day, but I decided to wait until the next morning. We had somebody else who took us outside where the ahola show is. All the pictures from both days were on the CD. Overall, I was pleased.

This sounds great, I have never heard of this before. How do you book it? How much does it cost and is it separate from buying the photopass cd with all the pictures on it? TIA

This sounds great, I have never heard of this before. How do you book it? How much does it cost and is it separate from buying the photopass cd with all the pictures on it? TIA

I would like to know this too. My DF and I are going to Disney for our honeymoon and I thought this would be a nice addition to our trip :love:

We did it in Sept 2008 and had a good experience. We had already bought the photopass cd so the extra $25 seemed pretty cheap. We thought the photographer was good. She had a variety of spots and poses and was nice with the kids. We got hot and had some problems keeping eyes open on the beach. Also the baby got VERY fussy out there. Really enjoyed the indoor spots and the places in the shade with the beautiful flowers. The photographers are not professionals and probably measure up to Target and not a professional wedding photographer. I had all kinds of prints made in different sizes at Wal mart that was very cheap. I also made our Christmas cards from them. I would recommend. I would also remind you if a family member takes bad pictures ie my husband's eyes are always closed that it happens in Disney too:)

e346c967.jpg

ab8b4c3f.jpg

2932934a.jpg

26903aec.jpg

b31b4504.jpg

f63a98a1.jpg

So the best places to go are either the GF or the Poly? Thanks for posting the pictures. I hope I can talk DH into doing this. It may be a tough sell because he thinks my dad can take great pictures just fine.:rolleyes: I'll have to work my magic or just book it and tell him I have a surprise for him!

We did it in Sept 2008 and had a good experience. We had already bought the photopass cd so the extra $25 seemed pretty cheap.

Does the preourchased photo pass CD work with the private photo session as well? Is the $25 the only additional cost?

We did this for our 10th anniversary at the Grand Floridian. I thought the pics came out really good. We also had my sister and her family with so we go some of each family and some together. We had them put on our photo pass CD with everything else. Then we were able to add borders and the date. I think there is a discount available if you pre purchass the photopass CD.

So, do I have this right? You can pre purchase the photopass CD and then pay an additional $25 to add your private photo session to that CD? How much does the pre purchased photopass CD cost? And where is the best place to get your photos taken?

The pre purchase CD price is $99.99. I don't know if the private photo session price has increased or not. You can have photos taken at several of the deluxe resorts. I don't know the specific resorts, we had ours done at the Grand Floridian. You should be able to check out all the photo pass details at www.stitchkingdom.com. I am pretty sure there is a section there under private photo sessions.

WE just did this in May. All I can say, is that it made my mom cry. It was our mother's day gift to her. Our trip was my parents, my DH and DD, and my brother, wife and his 2 kids. The sessions are 20-25 min, for an additional 25 dollars you can add another 20 minutes, so worth it. Cost w tax $130ish for the 45 min session (ours was actually closer to 1 hour). We did ours at the poly. First it was indoor pictures near the waterfall. Multiple different shots of each family, groups, individuals, then out to the beach. We went to a private beach area far to the right of the pool area. We were able to take photos with the castle in the backround - Awesome. Again, we did more groups, individuals, multiple poses of each kid and family. They will take pics of any combination of groups you want. Just ask. Matching clothes look good. We did khaki shorts and pale blue polos for the boys and pale cotton shirts for the women, the girls wore white and pale blue dresses. Look for a thread under the search function on this board for New photo sessions. There are about 200 posts on it. It gave me a lot of ideas as far as clothes and to do it at the poly. Also, you may want to avoid the heat of the day. We had ours at 4:30 - we were able to come back after being at the park earlier in the day, and shower, and get ready and get the kids a nap. We received a photo cd with all the photos on it (over 100) and 6-8 prints. You can take the cd to your local store and get prints made, the copyright release is enclosed. My mom said it is the best gift she ever got, in my opinion it is well worth the money. Also, you schedule 30 days out. You call the hotel directly to book it. We did this and then had an ADR at Ohana to follow. Let me know if you have any more questions.

We did it in Sept 2008 and had a good experience. We had already bought the photopass cd so the extra $25 seemed pretty cheap.

Does the preourchased photo pass CD work with the private photo session as well? Is the $25 the only additional cost?

No, the additional $25 mentioned in the other post was what they had to pay for an extra 20 minutes added onto the photo session (longer session = more photos).

The Photo Session is completely unrelated to the PhotoPass you use in the parks and is paid at the time. You cannot pre order and you can't add these photos onto your PP card. It is a separate CD. If you opt not to take the CD, you can do the $49 package which gives you your choice of printed photos without the CD. You can book it 30 days in advance and it is relatively easy to book a session - nothing like ADRs ;)

So, do I have this right? You can pre purchase the photopass CD and then pay an additional $25 to add your private photo session to that CD? How much does the pre purchased photopass CD cost? And where is the best place to get your photos taken?

no, not correct.

this is the latest I know, as I have been researching it as well.
It used to be that if you pre-bought the photopass CD you got a discount. That is no longer true. There also was on offer out a while back that offered this shoot for $25. That is no longer available either.
Now the current price is $99.95 for a 20 minute shooting session that includes prints and the CD of all your shots. You can also add them to your photopass CD so you can later add borders to them, but you have to purchase the shoot CD to be able to do that. For about $25 more you can make it a 40 minute shooting session.
There are 20% discounts that go out to random people. I have recieved one recently in the mail in a little booklet that I got after booking a room only reseveration for AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter