• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private Cabanas at Magic Kingdom: Last Day to Rent One - February 17, 2017

Would anyone be able to nap in the middle of all the theme park noise? I know I wouldn't.

I usually doze off on the bus after a long day of walking and the heat, so I'd say yes! I think it's probably better suited for a kid to nap, but if the tents are off the beaten path and someone is tired enough, I don't think napping sounds all that crazy.

Would anyone be able to nap in the middle of all the theme park noise? I know I wouldn't.
I could nap in a train station or bowling alley.

When I am tired, I am tired.

I've gotten up to go to the bedroom for a nap, and realized that I was too tired. I sat down, on the floor, grabbed a pillow from the couch and napped right there. My husband came by, about 15 minutes in, and covered me with a throw blanket. Thirty minutes after that, I woke up and was fine.

We've rented a cabana at TL before. This wouldn't even make our maybe list. Like others have said, I'd feel completely anchored to it because of how much I paid for it. I want to enjoy the park, not just 25 square feet of it.

asked a friend who was at MK yesterday and she said that they are between the entrance to Space Mountain and the face painters, If I'm picturing it right it must be that area in the back, where you step down and it's close to the railroad track

I really hope they are hidden because they are an eye sore.

I can see why it might be nice to have somewhere private to go sit on a hot, long day. But seriously...

Maybe I'm just angry because I'm not one of those who could afford these. I know all the arguments about Disney being a business and I'm a stockholder and have $100 in stock so anything Disney does to make money is A ok in my book blah blah blah.

But this stuff bothers me. If Disney put the time and energy into new guest experiences (whether they be rides, little shows like streetmosphere actors or things like how Luxo Jr. the lamp used to come out next to TSMM) as they do on these paid for extras...I think everyone could have a much better park experience. Seriously, how much time and effort and employees do they have on the 'find ways to make us buckets of extra cash while we offer the bare minimum and don't really do anything to increase park enjoyment for everyone'?

I can't decide if I'm appalled by the audacity of this or amazed by the marketing brilliance!

Seriously though, I would totally rent something like this if I were going to be there on an exceptionally busy day. Although, I would not pay that price. They would need to drop it by about 50% for me to seriously consider it.

I can't wait to see how successful this is. My guess is, they will end up booked most days through the holiday season.

It's brilliant, really. I mean, these are likely the sort to spend top dollar on a deluxe resort room already. Now Disney is getting them to pony up for a second place to stay that day. I mean, who does that?
I'm just waiting for one of the "big spenders" to post on the thread bragging about what a brilliant idea it is!:rolleyes:

For $650 a night I'd get a club room at a monorail resort. Yes, you have to leave the park, but the amenities are better.

But what about the tent? :crazy:

You make an excellent point. If I'm over by Splash Mountain somewhere, hoofing it over to my Tomorrowland tent vs hoofing to the exit to hop the monorail is 6 of one, half dozen the other. Although, I'm pretty sure the person who is forking out $650 for a day tent is likely the same person who is already staying at a monorail resort.

Congratulations Disney, you found my breaking point. I've sprung for Deluxe resorts, dropped money on high priced food and gifts, even paid to get into the parks early. But it ends with a $650 opportunity to day camp. I never imagined that those childhood rainy days spent in my parent's basement turning sofa cushions into forts that I was actually assembling a future WDW money-making campaign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter