Prioritizing Tickets

I had this happen to me. The day I activated my gold pass, the pulled a day from a non expiring ticket. I was worried about it and was assured it would not happen. I wanted to check the number of days on some old tickets and went to guest services at DS. Low and behold the discovered the use. It was easy enough to determine that it would not make sense to use a non expiring day on the same say as activating the annual pass. I now have a 1 day park hopper non expiring ticket on my account that I can use (or transfer) when my pass expires.
The cast member was great and only took a few minutes to fix.

This happened to me, on two of our three tickets.

We did a split stay in 2015, so two tickets for each member of our three person party. The first sets of tickets had ten days of base tickets, the second sets had two days of base tickets so that we would qualify for free dining. I was worried about prioritizing and was told that the ten day tickets would be prioritized.

We went to the same parks, same days.

Last year, I was on a two day visit and decided to use my tickets. Couldn't be found on my account. Neither could my daughters two day tickets. Husband's two day tickets were clearly visible in my Disney experience though.

I had to wait to get to the park and visit guest services. I was told there was nothing they could do. After an hour of gentle insistence, I got my tickets. The explanation was that I used the two day tickets, and eight days of my ten day tickets, as did my daughter. So, failed prioritization.

It took an additional 30 minutes to get them to reinstate my daughters tickets. She wasn't travelling with me, and he had difficulty giving me tickets that weren't active immediately. In the end, I think the guest services cast member went against protocol and chose an expiry day in the relatively distant future (2020) as there needed to be an expiry in the system.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience.

This happened to me, on two of our three tickets.

We did a split stay in 2015, so two tickets for each member of our three person party. The first sets of tickets had ten days of base tickets, the second sets had two days of base tickets so that we would qualify for free dining. I was worried about prioritizing and was told that the ten day tickets would be prioritized.

We went to the same parks, same days.

Last year, I was on a two day visit and decided to use my tickets. Couldn't be found on my account. Neither could my daughters two day tickets. Husband's two day tickets were clearly visible in my Disney experience though.

I had to wait to get to the park and visit guest services. I was told there was nothing they could do. After an hour of gentle insistence, I got my tickets. The explanation was that I used the two day tickets, and eight days of my ten day tickets, as did my daughter. So, failed prioritization.

It took an additional 30 minutes to get them to reinstate my daughters tickets. She wasn't travelling with me, and he had difficulty giving me tickets that weren't active immediately. In the end, I think the guest services cast member went against protocol and chose an expiry day in the relatively distant future (2020) as there needed to be an expiry in the system.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience.

How did you finally convince them to reinstate the tickets because that sounds like what I have to do, just wondering if there was something specific that finally made sense to the ticket CM or was it that you were not leaving until it was corrected?

I was told they can't see my daughters' one day ticket on her account and that one day of the 5 day ph was used. I had a voucher for the one day and got the ticket and prioritized it for each of us all at the same time or so I thought. I mean clearly in my I had it all done togetherbut I can't prove a negative as to what a cast member did or did not do correctly.

How did you finally convince them to reinstate the tickets because that sounds like what I have to do, just wondering if there was something specific that finally made sense to the ticket CM or was it that you were not leaving until it was corrected?

I was told they can't see my daughters' one day ticket on her account and that one day of the 5 day ph was used. I had a voucher for the one day and got the ticket and prioritized it for each of us all at the same time or so I thought. I mean clearly in my I had it all done togetherbut I can't prove a negative as to what a cast member did or did not do correctly.

Your ticket purchases, prioritization records, and actual ticket uses are a part of your Disney computer files.
They will be able reconstruct what SHOULD have happened and what DID happen.

Your ticket purchases, prioritization records, and actual ticket uses are a part of your Disney computer files.
They will be able reconstruct what SHOULD have happened and what DID happen.

Was told that a 1 day for my daughter was not showing. Mine and my sons were there but not hers. So they said she had nothing to prioritize.

Was told that a 1 day for my daughter was not showing. Mine and my sons were there but not hers. So they said she had nothing to prioritize.

When and from whom did you buy those one-day tickets?
Did you buy them all at once?
How did you pay for them?
When did they get connected to your MDE account?
Who connected them to the MDE account?

Last edited:

I don't know what I said specifically, but I appealed to basic logic. In your case specially, do you have record of the voucher? An email or a note that the voucher was applied? I would ask them why on earth you would only use one day of five, when, as a well informed Disney traveller you know the tickets would expire if you just used one day? Do you have record of you entering the park on the same day?

Then just politely and firmly escalate until someone sets it right. I'm sure it will be fine!

Has anyone ever had a problem with the prioritizing of their tickets?
Discovered today that a 5 Day PH that was linked to my daughter was used for our 1 day visit. We went to the park guest services prior to entering and had all of our 1 day tix prioritized ahead of our 5 days. It worked for all of us except for her.
I contacted Guest Services today and I am waiting to hear back. Want to have them reinstate her 5 day PH.
Anyone have any similar experiences?

I followed the advice I read on the these boards and it worked with no problems.

We had days left from our non-expiration tickets and 4 day Florida residents tickets attached to our MDE accounts.

The night before we were going to the parks we went to Guest Services and had them activate and prioritize our tickets.

Next day we went to the MK. Once we entered the park I found a CM who had a tablet and had her scan our magic bands to make sure the tickets were prioritized correctly. They were and we were set for the rest of our trip.

When and from whom did you buy those one-day tickets?
Did you buy them all at once?
How did you pay for them?
When did they get connected to your MDE account?
Who connected them to the MDE account?

A guy I know works for ABC here in NYC. He gave me 3 1 day PH passes that were paper tickets like a computer printout. The one day passes were free. I believe I was able to connect them to our MDE accounts.I received one of those messages on my MDE messages saying I successfully linked tickets to the accounts of me, my son and my daughter. We then had to go to guest services at the park to prioritize our tickets. We entered the park, My daughter used a hard copy ticket that we got when we prioritized as she did not have her magicband with her, My son and I each had a magicband. I did not know there was a problem until last week when I was considering upgrading our five days to annuals and did not see any tickets linked to her MDE account but saw the 5 day for my sons and me.

A guy I know works for ABC here in NYC. He gave me 3 1 day PH passes that were paper tickets like a computer printout. The one day passes were free. I believe I was able to connect them to our MDE accounts.I received one of those messages on my MDE messages saying I successfully linked tickets to the accounts of me, my son and my daughter. We then had to go to guest services at the park to prioritize our tickets. We entered the park, My daughter used a hard copy ticket that we got when we prioritized as she did not have her magicband with her, My son and I each had a magicband. I did not know there was a problem until last week when I was considering upgrading our five days to annuals and did not see any tickets linked to her MDE account but saw the 5 day for my sons and me.

OP here. Just wanted to post of how this was all resolved.
I spoke to my CM friend who gave me the three 1 day tickets and told him what happened. He told me he realized that one of the tickets he gave to someone was not used. He didn't know it was the one he gave me. He then reprinted that ticket and used it in December for a family member. I was able to give Guest Services cast member all of the ticket numbers when they were printed and used. She then was able to reinstate 4 days of the 5 day ticket I had on my daughter's account, with the 1 day having been used. I thought that was fair especially since the comp ticket I wanted to use was later used.
I am also able to upgrade her ticket if I want and will get the value of the original 5 day pass towards the upgrade if I choose to do that.

Thank you for all of the encouragement and suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter