Prioritizing Tickets

nezy

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever had a problem with the prioritizing of their tickets?
Discovered today that a 5 Day PH that was linked to my daughter was used for our 1 day visit. We went to the park guest services prior to entering and had all of our 1 day tix prioritized ahead of our 5 days. It worked for all of us except for her.
I contacted Guest Services today and I am waiting to hear back. Want to have them reinstate her 5 day PH.
Anyone have any similar experiences?

Since everyone else's tickets got correctly prioritized, the situation will be very clear that
a CM an error was made.

Even if it was an issue without others to corroborate the situation,
ticket errors like this can be fixed.
It's Disney's own flawed, not well thought out MDE system that is to blame.
They simply did not consider the complexities and consequences of guests holding multiple tickets in MDE and the difficulties of trying to use only the correct tickets at the gate.

There should be no problem with getting the problem corrected.

That is what I am hoping.
The CM I spoke to on the phone said it happens often and should be fixable. The nuances of this system are so complex. We actually went to the park with a ticket that was a 1 day pass ...no magic band, Because the CM said both the 1 day pass and the 5 day PH was applied to my daughter's "account" the physical pass reads whatever is on that account and since the tickets for her were not prioritized correctly we believe it read the 5 day instead of the 1 day. I even got the notification to the MDE account that her ticket was successfully linked...(but was prioritized incorrectly).

Since everyone else's tickets got correctly prioritized, the situation will be very clear that
a CM an error was made.

Even if it was an issue without others to corroborate the situation,
ticket errors like this can be fixed.
It's Disney's own flawed, not well thought out MDE system that is to blame.
They simply did not consider the complexities and consequences of guests holding multiple tickets in MDE and the difficulties of trying to use only the correct tickets at the gate.

There should be no problem with getting the problem corrected.

Speaking of prioritizing tickets-- we're heading there soon, and I know I need to do this for my husband (saving a few NE days and using a 5 day expiring PH this trip). Do I need to check with Guest Services each day we enter the park, just to be safe and make sure the 5 day ticket is used every day of this coming trip? Or just the one time (before we first go to a park). My gut feeling is to do it every day to be sure (but, ugh, extra hassle)

Thanks so much for the insight you always provide, Robo!

Speaking of prioritizing tickets-- we're heading there soon, and I know I need to do this for my husband (saving a few NE days and using a 5 day expiring PH this trip). Do I need to check with Guest Services each day we enter the park, just to be safe and make sure the 5 day ticket is used every day of this coming trip? Or just the one time (before we first go to a park). My gut feeling is to do it every day to be sure (but, ugh, extra hassle)

Thanks so much for the insight you always provide, Robo!

I am sure others could speak to this with more accuracy but can you transfer the tickets you do not want to use to another "guest" on your account...like a dummy guest, just to hold it and then transfer back to DH account when he needs them. Again I am not sure of the complexities and possibilities of this, but may be easier than checking each time you enter if the correct pass is being used.

I am sure others could speak to this with more accuracy but can you transfer the tickets you do not want to use to another "guest" on your account...like a dummy guest, just to hold it and then transfer back to DH account when he needs them. Again I am not sure of the complexities and possibilities of this, but may be easier than checking each time you enter if the correct pass is being used.

Actually, I can't, since part of the NE ticket has been used. To clarify-- it is a 10 day NE ticket, with only 4 park days remaining. We are going for 5 park days this trip, so we got a MYW 5 day PH ticket for him to use now, and saving the 4 non-expiring days for a future trip.

Actually, I can't, since part of the NE ticket has been used. To clarify-- it is a 10 day NE ticket, with only 4 park days remaining. We are going for 5 park days this trip, so we got a MYW 5 day PH ticket for him to use now, and saving the 4 non-expiring days for a future trip.
You can add DH#2 to your MDE and reassign his PH ticket there. He can use the plastic ticket to enter the park and FP lines.

Well, we don't have a plastic ticket (guess we could get one at GS), and we already have a DH JR (my husband) and DH III (his son)-- I think for him to try to be 2 people at once (between a split stay, DVC, and FP use) will get too complicated, esp since our trip is soon. Though I appreciate your input. I think we will just make sure each day that the PH is prioritized.

We are going to have this problem on our next trip. How do you prioritize tickets? Can you do it before you arrive in the parks?
Will assigning extra tickets to a dummy person really work? Is it difficult to assign them back to a real person?

Well, we don't have a plastic ticket (guess we could get one at GS), and we already have a DH JR (my husband) and DH III (his son)-- I think for him to try to be 2 people at once (between a split stay, DVC, and FP use) will get too complicated, esp since our trip is soon. Though I appreciate your input. I think we will just make sure each day that the PH is prioritized.
It doesn't have to be a real name. You can use his middle name or even call it Plastic Ticket and to get the plastic ticket will only take one visit to Guest Relations. There won't be any problem using the correct entitlements.

We had a similar issue, there are CMs standing around the tapstile area, and after, that have iPads. We always checked with them to be sure the correct ticket was used. Also, when we checked in to the resort, the GS person checking us in prioritized the tix as well.

I understand your feelings! We too have partially used NE hoppers but will use other tickets next trip. I am planning to convert my 7 day PH to an AP and don't want it linked to a dummy MDE account. Hope your prioritizing goes well!

I don't think a plastic ticket will make a difference.. Probably the best thing is t verify with the turnstile people.

Just spoke to someone in tickets. They said my daughter's 1 day PH is not even showing on the account. Meanwhile I still have those friendly notices that say"you have successfully linked a ticket to (daughter's) account. Also told only way I can resolve this is to go to Guest Services at a park. Very frustrating. I don't know how I prove something that I did last august that is link my daughter's ticket when they are saying they don't see it. My daughter was given an actual ticket as she did not have her magicband. My son and I each had our magic bands. I don't know what to make of all this.

I don't think a plastic ticket will make a difference.. Probably the best thing is t verify with the turnstile people.

Just spoke to someone in tickets. They said my daughter's 1 day PH is not even showing on the account. Meanwhile I still have those friendly notices that say"you have successfully linked a ticket to (daughter's) account. Also told only way I can resolve this is to go to Guest Services at a park. Very frustrating. I don't know how I prove something that I did last august that is link my daughter's ticket when they are saying they don't see it. My daughter was given an actual ticket as she did not have her magicband. My son and I each had our magic bands. I don't know what to make of all this.
I would just call back and talk to someone else or email the guest service email (which hopefully some helpful person will link below)

I always double check at the parks after I prioritize tickets. On our last trip, I had some old non-expires and a discounted 7-day which I wanted to use first. I prioritized at guest services and, on our second day, I stopped at guest services one more time to make sure it was prioritized correctly. I would recommend always doing this. One time, I went to the ticket window at EP IG and asked them to prioritize tickets for DS9, then walked over to guest relations for something else. While there, I asked them to look to see if the tickets had been prioritized correctly and they hadn't. It is always good to check!

Didn't even think it was an issue now I will definitely double check! I am just concerned this is not going to end well for me. I have sent an email to guuest.services@disneyworld.com and the response I received was basically We got your email, we are looking into it. Very frustrating to not be there to actually speak to someone.
Will keep trying.

Didn't even think it was an issue now I will definitely double check! I am just concerned this is not going to end well for me. I have sent an email to guuest.services@disneyworld.com and the response I received was basically We got your email, we are looking into it. Very frustrating to not be there to actually speak to someone.
Will keep trying.

I've been following these kind of ticket mistake issues for well over a decade.
I have never seen one that did not get resolved, if the guest was persistent.

I have every confidence the situation will end favorably.

Thank you for the positive response and encouragement.

Robo, after reading this thread a moved a few tickets that i suspect we will not use on this next trip to a Dummy Account. What are your knowledgeable opinions on that?

Robo, after reading this thread a moved a few tickets that i suspect we will not use on this next trip to a Dummy Account. What are your knowledgeable opinions on that?

If you can move tickets to a dummy account, that is certainly a good way to keep them from being accidentally
used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter