Princess Tea @ Grand Floridian question..

nattyk

mummy to 3 :)
Hi

I have booked this for my daughter and myself for our May trip (dd is 4) I have read that alot of girls dress up - will my daughter feel left out if she does not dress up???

Don't plan on packing a dressing up outfit to take with us, and don' really want to buy one..

Thanks
Nathalie

Definately bring a costume. We went in January and almost every girl was dressed in a costume. I saw a few parents run upstairs and buy costumes. I put my DD's costume on overtop of her clothes.

When DD4 and I went in August, about half the girls were dressed in princess costumes. I personally find the costumes kind of tacky and had my DD just wear a nice sundress.

We have Disney Princess costumes/dresses that the girls used for the MNSSHP. My girls say that they don't want to wear them because they're afraid of ruining them during the meal. How about a Princess shirt from Disney store or Walmart? I was in Walmart today and DD7 found cute tshirts and skorts with princesses on them for <$10 each piece. I still remember our first Chef Mickey's experience, Older daughter had on a cute little cotton sundress with shorts and right away got chocolate ice cream all down the front of it. All the shout wipes in the world wouldn't get that out :( SHe still remembers that 7 years later! I don't mind a ruined $20 outfit quite as much as a $50 one!

We will be attending this on Monday. My dd is wearing her easter dress, matching shoes and gloves.I am wearing linen pants and matching top.

IMHO I really feel this is an occasion to be dressed up but not nesscarily in a princess costume.

We went last aug dd 6 dn 4 and sil. My dd wore a sundress but my dn was going through an I don't even want to wear a dress phase and had to be taken into the bathroom and changed into shorts ( who wants to ruin the time arguing about what to wear). They did not care about what the other girls were wearing they were so much excited by the attention they got from rose pretal and sleeping beauty. Probably one of my dd favorite memories ever.

thanks for all your feedback - think I will take a nice sun dress, as Amy loves to wear pretty dresses (and don't get much chance to wear them in the UK!!!!)

Really looking forward to it...Amy does not know so will be a nice surprise.. :earsgirl:

Nat

When my daughter attended the tea, she wore an outfit from her favorite store. She basically had on a skirt, camisole, and a blouse (plus patterned bobby socks and black flats). She looked very girl-ish, but in no way princess-ish, and she did not feel out of place. It truly didn't matter what she wore; however, she enjoyed getting dressed up (it added to the excitement of the special event). I have a few photos posted of when we attended that event: click here.

I hope you have a lovely time at the event. My family did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter