• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Preferred Room Riverside

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
If I book a preferred room at POR for 3 adults, will we be guaranteed a room with a pull down bed?

Preferred rooms have 2 queen beds. If you want a room with the child-sized pull down, you have to book a 5th sleeper room.

Just a warning if you’re planning for an adult to sleep in the pull down bed, I’d strongly reconsider that. I’m 5’2” and even I’d never be able to manage it comfortably. They’re not kidding at all when they say it’s child sized.
This. The bed was absolutely perfect for my 4 year old and he loved having his own space. My 14 year old daughter (5'4") fit but barely. My 17 year old son (5'10") did not fit at all.

If I book a preferred room at POR for 3 adults, will we be guaranteed a room with a pull down bed?
As others have mentioned, this bed is small. I can sleep just about anywhere and on anything, I sleep through loud noises, people moving, none of that bothers me. It's not a real bed for an adult and to be honest, neither are the pull out sofas in the DVC villas, they're all meant for kids, not even small teens. I'm 5'2" and this bed is not comfy. If it's only 1-2 nights, it may not really matter but if someone had to sleep on that pull down for a week, it would be very uncomfortable. To be honest, we have an inflatable mattress that is more comfortable that the pull down Murphy bed.

Have you looked at AllStar Music Suites? This gives you three queen beds, and two bathrooms ... price about comparable depending on dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter