POTC - New Boats

Oh my! I hope they are not the same ones that keep soaking everyone in WDW! I was there over the weekend and didn't notice any difference, though I usually don't pick up on details like that.

I'm not sure. I'll check them out next week when I go on my days off. I just saw some photos on Snapchat and Instagram and was wondering if anyone here had seen them yet :) Maybe they are replacing them so they won't be so dang bumpy at the loading dock! I feel like all my internal organs are having a seizure at the dang dock

I don't mind the bumpiness as much as I hate sitting in a puddle of water on the seats! If there are new boats, I hope they address the issue of water collecting on the seats throughout the day.

And half the time the back rows are closed now because so much water collects in the back that they don't have time to keep using the vacuum so they just close the rows instead.

I was there 10/22-10-27. There was a considerable puddle of water in the first row floor and they were not seating guests in the back row. When I rode, the splash was prominent, but manageable. I was more concerned with stepping in the pooled water on the boat's floor.

I was just there over the weekend and I didn't see any new boats. They looked like the same old ones to me!

Sure hope if they do make an upgrade to the POTC boats, they make better decisions than they did for the Matterhorn sleds.

I expect to find a little water when on water rides. It's so dependent on the distribution and volume/mass loaded in the boat.

Hypothetically speaking only, don't want to to start a rumor.....
Can you imagine the uproar if new boats were worse than the current ones.

Geemo

I was just there over the weekend and I didn't see any new boats. They looked like the same old ones to me!

When I was there on the 25th, they were the same boats. Those boats are pretty old actually, the wood-esque paint job was done a few years back on the old red/blue/green ones when they did the Jack Sparrow additions. They also named each boat a lady's name, which is painted on the bow. Look for one named "Kimmi", it was named after a longtime beloved CM lead of ours who passed away from cancer in 2004. It brings a smile to my face whenever I am lucky enough to see it.

Am here now and haven't seen any of the new boats. Perhaps there are only a few and I missed them.

We were there the first week of October and waiting in line to get on my dh remarked "oh hey they changed their boats" so I guess we got a new boat? We didn't notice any 'extra' water from what we've experienced before and I think the new boats are bigger? Like one extra row?

Yep some are new. Remember the old boats had the metal hand hold to hang on to on top of the seat back. Now the seat hand hold is molded into the seat. So it doesn't have the metal bars

We went on Saturday and all the boats I saw were new. There may have also been old ones running, we just didn't see them go by. We didn't get any more than a little splash after the two waterfalls. I actually think I got less wet then on the old boats.

I was there on Monday and thought they looked new, too. Definitely no more bumpiness at the loading dock, which was a relief. And back rows were all empty. I'm going again next Wed, so will try to take photos.

We also rode a new boat on Tues. night. I really didn't notice whether it was a mixture of old and new boats. I guess I am not very observant because I didn't notice that the boat was new until we were on it.
As one poster said, there is no more metal bar to hold onto, just the back of the seat in front of you. We don't hold onto the bar, but for those who do (like small kids and those who do not know what to expect), I think the bar was easier to grab onto.
The boat ride was good, it was smoother than the old boats, it wasn't any wetter than the old boats. One thing I noticed was that there was a sound, kinda like a quiet motor type sound, throughout the ride. I know in the old boats there was just the sound of the water against the boat.
We did notice that there were some boats with no one in the back seat. I didn't notice whether they were the new boats.(like I said, not so observant! Lol!)
Now we thought a couple of things during the ride were different, did anyone else think so?

We also rode a new boat on Tues. night. I really didn't notice whether it was a mixture of old and new boats. I guess I am not very observant because I didn't notice that the boat was new until we were on it.
As one poster said, there is no more metal bar to hold onto, just the back of the seat in front of you. We don't hold onto the bar, but for those who do (like small kids and those who do not know what to expect), I think the bar was easier to grab onto.
The boat ride was good, it was smoother than the old boats, it wasn't any wetter than the old boats. One thing I noticed was that there was a sound, kinda like a quiet motor type sound, throughout the ride. I know in the old boats there was just the sound of the water against the boat.
We did notice that there were some boats with no one in the back seat. I didn't notice whether they were the new boats.(like I said, not so observant! Lol!)
Now we thought a couple of things during the ride were different, did anyone else think so?

I thought the same, but it was pretty subtle (and like you, I'm not always that observant on rides!). It looked like a couple areas were more brightly-lit and sort of empty-looking, as if they might be adding more stuff in those areas. Is that what you noticed as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter