• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post your photos of AS music here, get me even more excited!

DSC03637.jpg

I'm so mad! I just called to change from Pop to ASMu and she said that they were booked; however, I can book it on line! Why would that be????

I'm so mad! I just called to change from Pop to ASMu and she said that they were booked; however, I can book it on line! Why would that be????

that happens a lot....I have been on the phone with Disney looking at an opening online and they won't show it available....they have always just told me if it is available online go ahead and book it and then call to cancel the one I already have:confused3

If you book something on line can I call and have them to place a special note to the resort? I really want the Boardway area but there's no way to note that on line.

If you book something on line can I call and have them to place a special note to the resort? I really want the Boardway area but there's no way to note that on line.

yes...that is what we did on our May reservation...booked it online and then called to add our requests....no problem:thumbsup2

okay lots of people like ASM but why?
Pop has it's own bus so why ASM?

IMO, a bus/transportation is such a small part of the vacation. All star resorts are right near each other so each stop takes an extra 10-15 Min's max? Music has:
-The best value resort landscaping
- The best pool side entertainment
- Much quieter than any other value by far (groups typically stay at sports and pop)
- POP's bus stops are further away at the parks (by about 5 feet:rotfl2: but hey 5 feet is 5 feet)

Have you stayed at POP? I have a more detailed trip report from my stay at POP semi comparing the two resorts. I can post it here if you would like

Hi Thank you I would love to read your TR:)

We stayed at Pop last year I thought the rooms were a bit smaller than sports ? I think we would like to see the music so you are swinging me in that direction!!

Hi Thank you I would love to read your TR:)

We stayed at Pop last year I thought the rooms were a bit smaller than sports ? I think we would like to see the music so you are swinging me in that direction!!

(Posted 10/25/08 in the POP info thread)
We return about a week ago from a week long trip at POP. It was just the two of us whom are early risers and night owls, who needs sleep on vacation right? A little background...last year we stayed at All Star Music and loved it; some years ago we stayed at All Star Sports and thought it was eh just ok.

Ok here goes nothing:
Overall the resort is very nice but we wont be staying there again! The lake is a great touch for the value resort as it feels like you have something other that buildings and pools to "look" at. The grounds are well maintained and the pools were clean! Everything POP is huge and that was a great upgrade from the All Star Resorts which have much smaller and more limited options for both food and merchandise. Buses seemed to be pretty good, we never waited more than 20 Min's. I enjoyed only making 1 stop instead of 2 or 3 like the other values, though this only added 10-15mins of extra time. FYI POP is the furthest bus stop from most park and attraction entrances (steps from the other values).

Ok that wasn't soo bad, now for the things we didn't like:
The ROOMS. We stayed in two different rooms during our stay of 7 nights. The first night (and only night we stayed in this room) we stayed in a 60's room Standard double beds with a lake view, 3rd floor . The room was clean but the beds were terrible. Ive read reports of mattresses being replaced? Hasn't happened here yet! They were so bouncy and broken in it wasn't comfortable at all. One side of the bed was actually tilted so you were sliding toward ground. Next the water pressure in the sink was so low you couldn't get the hair out of you shaving razor or clean the tooth brush after use very easily. Last but not least the NOISE...This room was very loud and we got woken up many times throughout the night by a whistling noise which my guess was showers being used around us cause it would shut off around 20 Min's from the start of it. Ive read many complaints about this in the past and we did take the suggestion and closed the bathroom door but non the less we still heard the noise straight through the walls.

Ok room 1 done, Room 2 next!
Room two was better but still not good...We had a Standard King Room, 2nd Floor building #1 facing the Bowling pin pool. The bed was better but there was a VISIBLE "W" in the bed showing exactly where its been broken in. Needless to say this mattress too wasn't recently replaced. Water pressure was the same in the sink but like room 1 but the shower was fine? Weird....Ok back to the NOISE. The noise from the showers we heard in room 1 were gone, great. The standard flushing noises were there but they are understandable and easy to deal with. We slept in twice all trip, and by sleeping in I mean 9AM. First day we woke up to the music by the pool. I was shocked how loud it was and how clearly we could hear kids talking (screaming) at the pool. I could honestly sing along with the music this is how loud and clear the music was. The second time we tried sleeping in we got woken up by maintenance washing the floors with power washers outside of the rooms. I understand this is their job and I'm glad they were doing it but at 9am? Another consistent noise we heard while getting ready each morning was mouse keeping wheeling their carts around. Again I know its their jobs and its not "their" fault but when they wheeled the cart over the cracks it makes an incredibly loud thud in the rooms. I know these are pretty standard and include employees doing their jobs (not their fault nor am I blaming them) but I was just shocked at the amount of noise entering through the door.

Some left over notes/comments:

- Last year at ASM we heard toilets too...I think this is going to be a standard throughout values as they have turbo flushes! Try closing the door at night as it does cut down slightly on the noise.
- Pre leaving we heard and read many reports of mattresses being changed. We stayed in two room in two different locations and nether mattresses were close to new. We also didn't see any mattresses being changed throughout the resort.
- At POP I loved that they left a towel cart near the elevators for us to use at night for the pools or extra showers...I don't remember ASmu doing that last year.
- At POP One day we tried sleeping in we put our "privacy please" on our door and forgot to take it out...When we return at night there was a huge bag full of extra toilet paper, towels, soap, shampoo, etc...This was a nice touch that I hadn't experienced before.
- Towel animals are a huge questions/topic...Our first room had one when we arrived. The room next to us had about 5 in the window. We moved after staying only 1 night so I couldn't tell you if we would have received more. The 2nd room we stayed at we didn't get any throughout the stay. Rooms around us had them but only 1 or 2. I don't know if they take into consideration we are a couple without kids or not but they were around in the windows.
- I would stay at POP again ONLY if the All Star resorts were booked as I feel ASmu was on a different level in so many ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter