Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Our flights were changed last night for October 8th.
Also, this article is in the Wall Street Journal:
Southwest to Cut Fall Flights Following Tough Summer
Airline’s pilots and flight attendants have said they’re overworked and frustrated
https://www.wsj.com/articles/southwest-to-cut-fall-flights-following-tough-summer-11630027161
"The airline said it would cut an average of 27 flights a day from Sept. 7 through Oct. 6, and 162 daily flights from Oct. 7 through Nov. 5. Southwest plans to make additional cuts in November and December, though it said it would work to protect holiday bookings."

EEK! 162 daily flights in October and early November?!

3 calls yesterday to SW to put my Nov flights BACK to where I booked them AND get refunded points as the price went down
The fact that my nonstop flight went to layover when they were still offering a nonstop made no sense at all but made me so mad - I booked the minute they went on sale - why move me when your still offering the same flight ? Funny SW couldn’t answer that
When I called to update my Magical Express even the Cast Member said she was receiving so many calls from people because of SW - so unlike them and how this will hurt their business - yup sure will ! I have dropped other airlines for doing these kind of things - come on SW I expect a lot better from you!!

Are the red change banners still a thing or is that over?
From what I've noticed with changes in the last month or so, SW has changed their system to where the change banner now only shows up if you have a flight that has actually been changed by them. I could be wrong, but I believe the days of the blanket free changes because of systemwide schedule changes are over.

I didn’t take it out on them why would you assume I did ?
I am staring a frustration on this web page I do understand how SW system worked and did discuss in a very calm and rational manner with the 3rd agent and she did express her confusion in what happened and she also thanked me for giving her a better way for explaining to customers how SW handles their points when they make adjustments
I do expect better from SW and their is nothing wrong with asking the Agent who I can contact to state those views to
I did express to the Agent I was sorry people were taking this out on her - some people don’t know how to act on the phone or on the internet

I have a flight going into San Jose that was cancelled. Says I can change free of charge. The new times are horrible and won't work. However, flying into Oakland will work fine and times are perfect but the website will not allow me to change airports, can only change date and time. Any ideas?

I have a flight going into San Jose that was cancelled. Says I can change free of charge. The new times are horrible and won't work. However, flying into Oakland will work fine and times are perfect but the website will not allow me to change airports, can only change date and time. Any ideas?

Call them and ask

Yes, call and ask. They changed our flights from our small local airport to times that didn’t work and nothing in the new schedule would either. I called and was able to change to the larger nearby airport.

Just went and looked at our trips. Our nonstop flight to MCO on a Saturday afternoon in Sept dropped slightly to $49, and DH's flight back on a Friday evening also took a very large drop to $49. Nothing changing on the Dec flights yet.

I think this has been answered already but I'm asking again in case the info is stale. We've decided to cancel our Oct SW flight. Because we booked the flight in April of 2021, we have to travel and return by April 2022. My question is, if I book a flight in Dec 2021 for using those credits for a flight in March 2022 but we have to cancel that flight, does that reset the "use by" date or am I still stuck with a use by date of April 2022?

I think this has been answered already but I'm asking again in case the info is stale. We've decided to cancel our Oct SW flight. Because we booked the flight in April of 2021, we have to travel and return by April 2022. My question is, if I book a flight in Dec 2021 for using those credits for a flight in March 2022 but we have to cancel that flight, does that reset the "use by" date or am I still stuck with a use by date of April 2022?
Unfortunately you’re stuck with the original April use-by date.

With the flights for Oct/early November that SW said they're changing but are trying to protect the holidays in Nov/Dec, I wonder if they are counting Veteran's day as a protected holiday, or if they're just thinking of Thanksgiving/Christmas?

Since we fly Nov. 10th to MCO and 14th back home, I'm 🤞 that they're including Veterans day too!

and I'm all excited about the bookings for after Jan 6th opening up in 2 weeks, but knowing that they'll probably change from what I book to what I end up with just makes me...🥴

With the flights for Oct/early November that SW said they're changing but are trying to protect the holidays in Nov/Dec, I wonder if they are counting Veteran's day as a protected holiday, or if they're just thinking of Thanksgiving/Christmas?

Since we fly Nov. 10th to MCO and 14th back home, I'm 🤞 that they're including Veterans day too!

and I'm all excited about the bookings for after Jan 6th opening up in 2 weeks, but knowing that they'll probably change from what I book to what I end up with just makes me...🥴

It would be Thanksgiving/Christmas.

YIKES - need a quick answer if anyone can assist! I was checking on flights for Christmas week and decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and apply for the SW cc for the credit. It was approved and so I continued to pay with the new cc. Only thing, I have a $400 credit from cancelled Oct flights and now it doesn't appear I can apply.

I'm in a holding patter and have not clicked the final purchase button. Is it possible to deduct the credit. BTW...Oct flights were not booked with RR account. Anyone know what recourse I might have?
All's well that ends well. I booked one-ways instead...paid for departing flight with cc and returning flight with credit vouchers.

I JUST registered for 2x points promo towards earning A list status but it only counts for travel booked after registering and completed by 11/30/21. I have a bunch of flights booked in September and October- if the flights are still available snd are the same prices I originally paid, is there any reason I SHOULDN’T cancel snd rebook with the new promo?

I JUST registered for 2x points promo towards earning A list status but it only counts for travel booked after registering and completed by 11/30/21. I have a bunch of flights booked in September and October- if the flights are still available snd are the same prices I originally paid, is there any reason I SHOULDN’T cancel snd rebook with the new promo?
Was wondering the same thing myself,,,

Was wondering the same thing myself,,,

If you have EBCI on your original flights and cancel (not change) those flights, you will lose EBCI and its value. Under those circumstances, EBCI would not be refundable.

I think many customers are holding reservations originally booked during the 50% discount sale. Those fares will most likely be difficult to match, unless canceling a BS fare and booking a new WGA ticket.

Last edited:
If you have EBCI on your original flights and cancel (not change) those flights, you will lose EBCI and its value. Under those circumstances, EBCI would not be refundable.

I think many customers are holding reservations originally booked during the 50% discount sale. Those fares will most likely be difficult to match, unless canceling a BS fare and booking a new WGA ticket.

no ECBI here but the flights I’m looking at redoing are still at $49 one way and available…i was looking at them an hour ago…

If that’s the only caveat I may try it. I’m so darn close to A List!!!! I could use a boost anyway I can get one !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter