Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Our flights were changed last night for October 8th.
Also, this article is in the Wall Street Journal:
Southwest to Cut Fall Flights Following Tough Summer
Airline’s pilots and flight attendants have said they’re overworked and frustrated
https://www.wsj.com/articles/southwest-to-cut-fall-flights-following-tough-summer-11630027161
"The airline said it would cut an average of 27 flights a day from Sept. 7 through Oct. 6, and 162 daily flights from Oct. 7 through Nov. 5. Southwest plans to make additional cuts in November and December, though it said it would work to protect holiday bookings."

Airline’s pilots and flight attendants have said they’re overworked and frustrated
https://www.wsj.com/articles/southwest-to-cut-fall-flights-following-tough-summer-11630027161
"The airline said it would cut an average of 27 flights a day from Sept. 7 through Oct. 6, and 162 daily flights from Oct. 7 through Nov. 5. Southwest plans to make additional cuts in November and December, though it said it would work to protect holiday bookings."
So far, mine are good. I’ve been checking several times a day for a while now.

Our flight on November 3rd was changed, and it isn't favorable. Waiting to see what happens to our return flight later in the month. I think I'm done with Southwest now. These changes really negatively impact our vacations and they come too late to make other adjustments to hotel, work/school schedules, etc.

I got a change email last night for 10/25. Literally the only thing that changed was the flight number.

Glad your times didn't change. My 10/19 went from a 5:50am to 7:40am and my 11/3 went from 5:20pm to 6:05pm to currently 7:40pm.

I got 2 change emails last night, one for Oct 19 the other for 11/3. This is the 2nd change for the 11/3 flight.
I got a change email last night for 10/25. Literally the only thing that changed was the flight number.

[/QUOTE]
We were supposed to leave for WDW on 10/19 at 5:40pm (so that DD16 can go to school all day), connect through MDW, and arrive around 11:30pm. DD is on break on the 20th-22nd so I planned on her missing only the 25th which is the day we are scheduled to fly home. Our flight on 10/25 was scheduled to depart at 7pm and connect through MDW with a 50-minute layover, landing home in GRR at 11:30pm.

Our first change came on the return flight. It was moved to a 3:10pm departure, connecting through MDW with a FOUR-HOUR layover, landing in GR at 10:45pm. Good gravy, I can DRIVE home from Chicago in less than 4 hours!! On top of that, I looked at that flight yesterday (MDW-GRR) and it was CANCELLED! So I actually might be driving home from Chicago anyways. I am going to book a "pay at the counter" rental car, just in case.

This morning, I got the second change in plans. Our flight TO Orlando now departs at 12:15pm, connects through BWI, and lands at 5:55pm. Well that's fan-freaking-tastic! Now DD16 will have to miss an extra day of school. (Fortunately, she is a straight-A student and she has no problems keeping up). We were planning to stay the night at the MCO Hyatt that night since we were arriving so late and now I guess we will just have a lot of extra time to hang out and enjoy the airport. My friend is travelling with us but she is flying on Delta and her flight does not arrive until 10:30pm.

I really hope that SWA will stabilize in the next month or so. This uncertainty is so unnerving. They used to be so reliable with their schedules and their cancellations and schedule changes were few and far between, with the exception of the 737MAX issue.

Wow I guess this means a big price increase for flights during this time if you haven’t already booked!

Great. We have 2 trips booked in September… one from the 9-16th & a 2 night trip for the anniversary weekend. All nonstop flights at our preferred times, booked on points as soon as flights were released. The prices have dropped significantly but I resisted rebooking because we have EBCI. Last night I finally called & changed to the new rates. I saved over 10,000 points total for all my flights. My DH flies free on my Companion Pass, so that is just for my flights. One of my first thoughts when I saw how low the rates were was that these flights must be pretty empty & I hope they don’t get cancelled. Ugh.

Great. We have 2 trips booked in September… one from the 9-16th & a 2 night trip for the anniversary weekend. All nonstop flights at our preferred times, booked on points as soon as flights were released. The prices have dropped significantly but I resisted rebooking because we have EBCI. Last night I finally called & changed to the new rates. I saved over 10,000 points total for all my flights. My DH flies free on my Companion Pass, so that is just for my flights. One of my first thoughts when I saw how low the rates were was that these flights must be pretty empty & I hope they don’t get cancelled. Ugh.

Yep our trip is 9/7-9/16 both flights have already been changed several times and now price has gone up on both....just hoping neither flight gets canceled 🤞going thru BWI which is a hub...

Obsessively checking my flights several times a day, making sure they haven5 been changed. We fly from BWI to MCO in mid-October and I’d rather not have them changed.
Apparently, I am too! I was connecting through MDW, but our flight was changed and now we connect through BWI. Fortunately, we had already planned to arrive a day early and spend the night at the airport Hyatt. We were originally scheduled to land at 11:30pm and now we are scheduled to arrive at 5:55pm so we have a little wiggle room...but I am still nervous.

Obsessively checking my flights several times a day, making sure they haven5 been changed. We fly from BWI to MCO in mid-October and I’d rather not have them changed.
I'm wondering if BWI ones are a bit more "safe" since it's a hub? (I know any flight can change, but wondering if less likely to be so drastic and at least stay direct)
Mine changed a few weeks back and that was it. Hoping it holds. We fly mid-September.

I actually just came here to post that I got about 6,000 points refunded for my October trip because they went down significantly. Actually got one of those $49 deals, which literally never happens for me at BDL.

Now I’m just hoping they stick because they are literally the perfect times 🙏

I'm wondering if BWI ones are a bit more "safe" since it's a hub? (I know any flight can change, but wondering if less likely to be so drastic and at least stay direct)
Mine changed a few weeks back and that was it. Hoping it holds. We fly mid-September.
Same. Since so may flights connect through there, I’m hoping that means my nonstops are okay. I had one slight change to my flight coming home, but that was a month ago. My flight was more Ed up by 20 minutes, so not a big change. We’ll see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter