Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

My daughter's basketball team is playing in Disney over Christmas break (12/26 to 12/31). Historically, is it better to grab the flights as soon as they come up on release day since this is such a high travel period, or will they open other flights as time goes on?

Thanks!

My daughter's basketball team is playing in Disney over Christmas break (12/26 to 12/31). Historically, is it better to grab the flights as soon as they come up on release day since this is such a high travel period, or will they open other flights as time goes on?

Thanks!

I'm very curious about this, too. We're traveling 12/21-12/28, and knowing how crazy high the ticket costs can get at that time of the year, I'm wondering if I should jump on a ~$300-350 fare when they open up December tomorrow, or chance it, waiting on either the June sale or lower prices as we get closer.... :confused:

I am nervous about prices tomorrow. Hoping to keep it under $350. Does anybody think that is even a possibility? Does anybody recall what holiday fares were last year......although that doesn't mean much I suppose.

I am nervous about prices tomorrow. Hoping to keep it under $350. Does anybody think that is even a possibility? Does anybody recall what holiday fares were last year......although that doesn't mean much I suppose.

Honestly, if it opens at $350 MDW-MCO, I think I'm gonna jump on it. I saw fares on other airlines last week around $400-450, but now I'm not seeing anything lower than ~$600!!

Honestly, if it opens at $350 MDW-MCO, I think I'm gonna jump on it. I saw fares on other airlines last week around $400-450, but now I'm not seeing anything lower than ~$600!!

Yeah, me too. I also am seeing those $600.00 fares, that are not even nonstop flights and that's making me nervous. I am prepared to go as high as $400.00 for nonstop flights. Anything over that.....we might drive. Ugh - hate driving.

Hi all,
trying to get SW tickets tomorrow when they open....just want to make sure there isn't a chance they could open at midnight. I will stay up if I have to, but I don't want to be up at midnight and 6am! It's almost go time:cool1:

I got my tickets! For 12/3 to 12/8 a total of $632 for 2 of us out of Portland Maine. I was hoping to pay no more than $600. But I am OK with it.
Delta was cheaper @ $556 but that does not include bag fees and it only allowed a 42 minute layover at LGA. I didn't like that. And Delta is famous for moving their flight times around by a few minutes several times in a few months and that means we would have to re-do our seating each time.

:cheer2: Just booked 8 tickets from Pittsburgh to MCO for $259 each in November with nonstop flightspixiedust: I am done stalking the internet for now....dining and flights are done!:rotfl:

Im seeing a lot of "Unavailable" flights under the Wanna Get Away fare column. Usually if they are sold out it says "Sold Out". I'm wondering, do they ever add additional flights to there schedules for the Wanna Get Away Fares?

One more questions: Is it cheaper to "buy" points, "transfer" points or just pay for the flight outright?

My account is short for a return ticket, my DH account is short for a return ticket also. Not sure what would be our best route?

Just checked ours - up $51 per ticket since we booked, so would have been another $204 for all of us. We wouldn't have booked at that price!

So, to confirm - if I found that prices drop substantially for the anniversary sale next month, is it true that I can re-book at the lower fare and re-coup the difference in the form of a credit, correct? And that credit is good for 12 months from the date I changed it, or from when I originally booked?

So, to confirm - if I found that prices drop substantially for the anniversary sale next month, is it true that I can re-book at the lower fare and re-coup the difference in the form of a credit, correct? And that credit is good for 12 months from the date I changed it, or from when I originally booked?

It's good a year from the original booking date. Good luck!! I'm still stalking for my fares :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter