Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

If I bought airfare under my username and login for our group and now one of them isn't coming, is there a way to transfer that ticket to an account for them so that they can use the credit in the future?

They should just be able to create their own rapid rewards account, and use the confirmation number associated with the cancelled flight. If they have any issue, call SW and they will take care of it.

On our way home from disney we ended up with an unplanned 5 hour layover and received $200 luv vouchers per person. They must be used by 10/17. Is there anyway around this? We would really really rather travel in 1/18.

Seating for a family of 4, kids ages 2 (without a car seat) and 7...what seating arrangement do you recommend? Can both kids sit in the same row with 1 parent or will the kids need to sit in separate rows?

Only time we flew in past we had the littlest as a lap child so we all sat in the same row...

Thanks!

Kids can sit in one row with a parent
Other adult could sit in aisle seat in the row across you

Or one parent one child in a row

Quick question...on the SW website it says a person can have a carryon and a small personal type item. Would a backpack or a small drawstring type bag be considered a small personal type item?

Quick question...on the SW website it says a person can have a carryon and a small personal type item. Would a backpack or a small drawstring type bag be considered a small personal type item?
Yes on SW planes my full size laptop carrying backback fits under the seat as a personal item. I can't have anything on the side s(like a water bottle) unless its in the middle seat though (the middle seat has a wider under seat space)

Yes on SW planes my full size laptop carrying backback fits under the seat as a personal item. I can't have anything on the side s(like a water bottle) unless its in the middle seat though (the middle seat has a wider under seat space)

Thank you! My son will have a rolling carryon suitcase, but I was hoping he could take a backpack too. Thanks for the info!

Thank you! My son will have a rolling carryon suitcase, but I was hoping he could take a backpack too. Thanks for the info!
Just so you know if your son is taller this does cut down on your leg room. If your 5'4" like me that isn't a huge deal because I didn't really need the leg room anyway.

Just so you know if your son is taller this does cut down on your leg room. If your 5'4" like me that isn't a huge deal because I didn't really need the leg room anyway.

The bag only has to be stowed during take off and landing though, right? My dh is 6'5" and ds and dd are both tall as well. I had been planning on all of us having backpacks though.

The bag only has to be stowed during take off and landing though, right? My dh is 6'5" and ds and dd are both tall as well. I had been planning on all of us having backpacks though.
Yes but I'm not sure where else you are going to put it that would be more comfortable when the plane in in the air. You can take the bag out after take off if you want to get something from it though.

He's 13 and only about 5'5 now...after he grew almost 5 inches just this past summer! So...who knows by next April, lol.

Yes but I'm not sure where else you are going to put it that would be more comfortable when the plane in in the air. You can take the bag out after take off if you want to get something from it though.

Good food for thought. I might need to consider other packing plans. :scratchin

On our way home from disney we ended up with an unplanned 5 hour layover and received $200 luv vouchers per person. They must be used by 10/17. Is there anyway around this? We would really really rather travel in 1/18.

There is a roundabout way to do this.

- Assuming you have 2, book a single flight for $400 anywhere in one persons name. The purpose of this is to combine the vouchers. It does not matter that the vouchers are in other peoples names
- After 24 hrs, cancel the flight
- You will now have $400 in travel funds tied to that persons name expiring 10/17.
- Once it expires, call SW and they will re-issue the funds for 6 months after the expiration date. They charge $100 for this.
- You now have a single $300 luv voucher that can be used on anyone

OR

- Sell them to me for $150 each...

There is a roundabout way to do this.

- Assuming you have 2, book a single flight for $400 anywhere in one persons name. The purpose of this is to combine the vouchers. It does not matter that the vouchers are in other peoples names
- After 24 hrs, cancel the flight
- You will now have $400 in travel funds tied to that persons name expiring 10/17.
- Once it expires, call SW and they will re-issue the funds for 6 months after the expiration date. They charge $100 for this.
- You now have a single $300 luv voucher that can be used on anyone

OR

- Sell them to me for $150 each...
Thank you!!! We had all of my (6) kids so we have $1600 in vouchers! We will want to use them for the entire family when we rebook so I will have to do each person with their own voucher I believe?

Is there anyway to get beyond the 10/17 expiration without the $100 charge? Like if I wait and book for sometime this summer (say July) then wait until June to cancel the tickets? Do they still expire 10/17 since that was my original expiration or does it go by my cancellation?

Thank you!!! We had all of my (6) kids so we have $1600 in vouchers! We will want to use them for the entire family when we rebook so I will have to do each person with their own voucher I believe?

Is there anyway to get beyond the 10/17 expiration without the $100 charge? Like if I wait and book for sometime this summer (say July) then wait until June to cancel the tickets? Do they still expire 10/17 since that was my original expiration or does it go by my cancellation?

There is no other way around the 10/17 expiration. You are charged $100 for EACH voucher that you extend. If you extend each voucher separately, you will lose $800. You will want to combine your vouchers into as few tickets as possible. My guess is you will probably have to book 3 Business Select fares for $500+ each. Then you will only lose $300 of the $1600 to fees.

This is kind of sensitive and the last thing I want to do is offend anyone. I'm hoping this is even a good forum to post my question/concern. I'm going to be booking a SW flight for my daughter and her fiance'. He's a rather large fella. Not tall, but round :-). He's never flown. I'm very concerned about him being comfortable, but also the people around him being comfortable. Can anyone offer words of wisdom, personal experience, etc. to put my mind at rest. We have gone to a professional baseball game together, as well as movies. He seems a little uncomfortable and fidgets a lot, but he does do those things. And again, I'm also concerned about whoever might sit next to him.

This is kind of sensitive and the last thing I want to do is offend anyone. I'm hoping this is even a good forum to post my question/concern. I'm going to be booking a SW flight for my daughter and her fiance'. He's a rather large fella. Not tall, but round :-). He's never flown. I'm very concerned about him being comfortable, but also the people around him being comfortable. Can anyone offer words of wisdom, personal experience, etc. to put my mind at rest. We have gone to a professional baseball game together, as well as movies. He seems a little uncomfortable and fidgets a lot, but he does do those things. And again, I'm also concerned about whoever might sit next to him.
Southwest will reimburse you for booking an extra seat for a "Customer of Size." I would highly suggest you do so - it will make the trip far more comfortable for both him and whatever passenger would otherwise be seated next to him.

Here's a link to Southwest's page on the topic: https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/extra-seat/?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-COS

I've never had a need for this, so I can't speak to the process, but I'm sure you could call and they would happily explain/set it up.

My understanding is that he will be guaranteed an extra seat, free of charge (reimbursed), even if the flight is completely full or overbooked.

Southwest will reimburse you for booking an extra seat for a "Customer of Size." I would highly suggest you do so - it will make the trip far more comfortable for both him and whatever passenger would otherwise be seated next to him.

Here's a link to Southwest's page on the topic: https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/extra-seat/?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-COS

I've never had a need for this, so I can't speak to the process, but I'm sure you could call and they would happily explain/set it up.

My understanding is that he will be guaranteed an extra seat, free of charge (reimbursed), even if the flight is completely full or overbooked.

Thank you for that information. Now to figure out a delicate way to mention it to my daughter.

There are great deals out of Buffalo to Orlando for Black Friday with southwest right now in January - $79 one way! Would love to see these rates in the fall!!!

Does anyone happen to have drink vouchers for SW that they cant use before they expire, and want to spread some holiday cheer ;). We fly out December 16th. Thanks in advance guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter