Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Flying with DH for our October F&W trip, and I "check" the prices all the time. Only 1 of our fares was able to be reduced by $22 this morning, only 1 seat available at the lower flight. Hey, why not, I'll take the $22 credit, since we booked about 6 months ago, we got another reduction about a month ago, $17 each. Why not, I'll take the credit, $39 travel credit for one of us, $17 the other! Pays to watch fares!:woohoo:

Flying with DH for our October F&W trip, and I "check" the prices all the time. Only 1 of our fares was able to be reduced by $22 this morning, only 1 seat available at the lower flight. Hey, why not, I'll take the $22 credit, since we booked about 6 months ago, we got another reduction about a month ago, $17 each. Why not, I'll take the credit, $39 travel credit for one of us, $17 the other! Pays to watch fares!:woohoo:
Gotta love the credits! it is so worth checking for price reductions. I was able to book a Feb trip because I had a big SW credit to use by February 17th, from our September flights. :thumbsup2

2 questions please! 1) do miles expire when you have the Southwest Visa card? Just got it
2) do you use the resort airline checkin for your luggage? My plan is to do the normal online
Southwest checkin 24 hours before- not getting early bird- would cost $210. Then early the
next morning take all of our luggage to resort airline checkin. I read somewhere that this
Doesn't work with Southwest once you have done online check in.
Thanks so much!

2 questions please! 1) do miles expire when you have the Southwest Visa card? Just got it
2) do you use the resort airline checkin for your luggage? My plan is to do the normal online
Southwest checkin 24 hours before- not getting early bird- would cost $210. Then early the
next morning take all of our luggage to resort airline checkin. I read somewhere that this
Doesn't work with Southwest once you have done online check in.
Thanks so much!
I believe that Southwest miles do expire. DH is the holder of the SW Visa card and he travels for business so not a problem with generating air miles. I do recall my DS and my Southwest reward mileage did expire because we didn't have recent trip activity a few years ago. We check in on line 24 hours and then use the resort check in on return trip and also gong down to MCO bring bags to resort counter on morning of flight indicatiing they will be sent DIRECTLY to resort by using that yellow tag provided that you receive through DME when you receive info in mail. :goodvibes

I believe that Southwest miles do expire. DH is the holder of the SW Visa card and he travels for business so not a problem with generating air miles. I do recall my DS and my Southwest reward mileage did expire because we didn't have recent trip activity a few years ago. We check in on line 24 hours and then use the resort check in on return trip and also gong down to MCO bring bags to resort counter on morning of flight indicatiing they will be sent DIRECTLY to resort by using that yellow tag provided that you receive through DME when you receive info in mail. :goodvibes
Thanks- can you clarify this for me? I need to check in to Southwest 24 hours before for our seats AND then go to resort AIRLINE check in the following morning To get rid of our checked luggage?

Thanks- can you clarify this for me? I need to check in to Southwest 24 hours before for our seats AND then go to resort AIRLINE check in the following morning To get rid of our checked luggage?
Yes, we check in on line with SW 24 hours before our departing MCO flight, then the next morning we bring our bags to the area at the resort for airline check in. We use a carry on bag the last day if we are swimming, catch the DME 3 hours before departure time from our resort, board bus, then BEGIN planning next trip, LOL! :laughing::wave2:

2 questions please! 1) do miles expire when you have the Southwest Visa card?

Southwest rapid rewards points expire if you have no earning activity for 24 months. If you have the Rapid Rewards credit card from Chase, even if you do not use the card, you will owe the annual fee each year. Along with the annual fee you are given a bonus of 3,000 or 6,000 points (Depending on which version of the card you have) which will count as activity and reset that clock. So - if you have the card and keep it open by paying the fee each year your points will not expire.

2 questions please! 1) do miles expire when you have the Southwest Visa card?
Southwest rapid rewards points expire if you have no earning activity for 24 months. If you have the Rapid Rewards credit card from Chase, even if you do not use the card, you will owe the annual fee each year. Along with the annual fee you are given a bonus of 3,000 or 6,000 points (Depending on which version of the card you have) which will count as activity and reset that clock. So - if you have the card and keep it open by paying the fee each year your points will not expire.
Another comment here - there are other (cheaper) ways to keep your points active vs the credit card. The easiest is buying something through the southwest shopping portal at Walmart or Best Buy, etc. even earning 5 points will reset the 24 month clock on all your points. This is also a useful strategy for rapid rewards accounts tied to children if they don't fly often.

Last edited:
I always check myself in 24 hrs before the flight and then take my luggage to the RAC desk the next morning. Never any problems

Those of you flying out of the Northeast for Thanksgiving on SW, check your flights. Some decent price drops today from BDL and PVD. Usually only 2 tix at a time, so don't hesitate.

I feel like SW always knows when I want to travel and jacks up the price! Looking at end of January 2017. I checked a few days ago, and now each flight is about $25 more. It's currently at $810 for three tickets, which is still not bad, I guess (considering free bags and such). Too bad my departure city isn't a part of their big sale.

For SW, do we each need our own Rapid Rewards number in order to save our points? Currently, I'm the only one with a # in our family of 6.

If I bought airfare under my username and login for our group and now one of them isn't coming, is there a way to transfer that ticket to an account for them so that they can use the credit in the future?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter