Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I am hoping someone can help me. I booked Southwest a month or so ago for a flight on 5-3 out of Milwaukee to MCO. I didn't book EBCI at the time. There are 7 of us (4kids) total. I am not expecting all of us to be able to sit by each other, but I have a 4 year old and an 8 year old that I'm hoping will at least be able to sit by one of us adults. Now I'm considering buying ECBI but don't really know if it's worth it anymore with my flight less than a month out. Opinions?
i flew out of milwaukee for many trips to mco for years.
last time i did that was last october. 2015
moved recently and no longer near MKE.

in all the times i used MKE, they were lax with the family boarding leaving MKE
i would not fret about it.

leaving MCO for MKE has at times limited the number for that family boarding.

SW MAY FLIGHT DECREASE, "$14 per person, "I'LL TAKE IT"! :laughing:WOW, 2 price decreases since tickets were booked, one was for point reduction about a month ago for DS flight booked on points and today a $14 per person for the 3 of us booked on cash!:goodvibes NICE, will use the $14 per person travel bank credit for our October trip!:thumbsup2 Pays to "price" the flight daily once it is booked and hope for a price reduction,why not! ::yes::

SW MAY FLIGHT DECREASE, "$14 per person, "I'LL TAKE IT"! :laughing:WOW, 2 price decreases since tickets were booked, one was for point reduction about a month ago for DS flight booked on points and today a $14 per person for the 3 of us booked on cash!:goodvibes NICE, will use the $14 per person travel bank credit for our October trip!:thumbsup2 Pays to "price" the flight daily once it is booked and hope for a price reduction,why not! ::yes::
Can you tell me how to get the credit if the flights go down?
Thanks!

Can you tell me how to get the credit if the flights go down?
Thanks!
Some say they do it on line by logging into their SW account but I prefer to call SW and give them the confirmation number and the fact the points have dropped. They will put the point differential back into your Soiuthwest Ac immediately and will give you an e mail confirmation as well. GOOD luck!:goodvibes

If I book a SW flight, the price lowers and I change to the lower price giving me a credit at SW... how long is that credit good for?

WOW, ANOTHER reduction. DS flight booked on points DROPPED this morning by 1,108 points,:thumbsup2 SW such a liberal booking policy, points adjusted immediately!:cheer2:

We have not flown SW for years. We did not purchase EBCI, and I see that our flights are now sold out. If we check in online at the 24 hour mark, are the odds good that at least 2 of us can sit together. I have a 12 year old, and she will not do well sitting alone.

Also, it is exactly 24 hours prior to flight that you can check in, no sooner?

EXACTLY 24 hours before the scheduled time you can check in. BE READY! We NEVER purchase EBCI and ALWAYS sit together.:goodvibes ARE you both on the same confirmation I hope? If so, you will be assigned a boarding number right behind each other. With that in mind, you should be able to sit together! GOOD LUCK!:banana:

So envious of those that has your prices drop. Mine has steadily gone up since I decided to wait and see if it would go down. Ugh. Bad decision. Wondering if I should just bite the bullet now. A little over 2 months to go until our trip arrives.

So envious of those that has your prices drop. Mine has steadily gone up since I decided to wait and see if it would go down. Ugh. Bad decision. Wondering if I should just bite the bullet now. A little over 2 months to go until our trip arrives.
I hear you. Watching prices for our October trip. Still high, hoping they will come down. :wizard:Good luck!:goodvibes

I booked the morning the dates opened for our Sept-October trip as it was a good price and I didn't want to chance it. They weren't Great but better than say Delta. I was scared I would look later and they'd be lower (we don't have points) but the flights have just kept going up and one's sold out in the lower fare category. So glad we chanced it.

EXACTLY 24 hours before the scheduled time you can check in. BE READY! We NEVER purchase EBCI and ALWAYS sit together.:goodvibes ARE you both on the same confirmation I hope? If so, you will be assigned a boarding number right behind each other. With that in mind, you should be able to sit together! GOOD LUCK

Thank you - this makes me feel better. Three of us are on same confirm (including my dd) One adult on a different confirmation, but I am not as worried about the adults.

Just booked Southwest Philadelphia to Orlando in September $49.00. Was up looking for FD not available yet but got GREAT airfare price. Doing happy dance did have to change departure date from Sunday to Saturday.
That is a GREAT fare! Goid for you, pays to keep checking!:thumbsup2

Help! I am kicking myself right now. I saw SW had $49 flight home to Philly for Sept yesterday, now prices have changed and other dates are $49. Does anyone know if they keep changing the $49 days around?
Thank you!

I saw that also prices changing around, was able to change to an earlier flight on my arrival day. Still seeing $49 flights on some days for September.

SW has a family boarding policy. They allow families to board between groups A and B if they have a child aged 6 or under. With your 8 yr old you should be ok by asking at the gate desk to preboard. They'll tell you to board with the family group. I've never seen a gate staffer question this or ask about ages.

1 year from the date you PURCHASED the flight.
I just called SW since our return flight for September from MCO to Philly went from $122 to $49!! We got a $365 credit on my account. She said the credit is good until Feb 17, 2017 (exactly a year from when I booked our flights initially). But does this mean we have to travel by that date, or book airfare by that date in order to use the credit? This is where I got confused because the woman on the phone said flights have to be completed by that date, and I did not know what exactly completed meant lol. It's Monday! I'm a little slow today. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter