Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

When do discounts usually come out for august? I dont fly often and if i cant get a reasonable price yhen i am driving. All the click n save rmails have discounts through beginning of june. Or does anyone havd a promotion code that would work for 8/14- 8/19

thanks.. good to know we can drop the bags at the curb!

I have flown out of columbus several times, with my latest just a few weeks ago. There are only a few gates for SW. It's a small airport and very easy to navigate. I always check my bags outside at the curb and then go in to security which is typically pretty fast. Only once have I seen any kind of a line there. There is a lot of constructions going on right now.

I had booked 3 of us on a flight in October using points and a giftcard to pay for the taxes. Just found out that we cannot go in October and need to change to November. Am I better off just waiting for the flights to open and then change me flight or should I cancel all together and then start over when the next batch of flights get released?

I had booked 3 of us on a flight in October using points and a giftcard to pay for the taxes. Just found out that we cannot go in October and need to change to November. Am I better off just waiting for the flights to open and then change me flight or should I cancel all together and then start over when the next batch of flights get released?

Doesn't really matter. The taxes paid on the giftcard will NOT go back to the giftcard. They will be travel funds tied to that confirmation number. Unless you keep good track, you might be better off just keeping the reservation until then and changing it so you don't lose track of the travel funds.

Doesn't really matter. The taxes paid on the giftcard will NOT go back to the giftcard. They will be travel funds tied to that confirmation number. Unless you keep good track, you might be better off just keeping the reservation until then and changing it so you don't lose track of the travel funds.

Thanks! That's what I thought. I think I will just change them when the time comes

Does anyone know how long it takes for SWA to refund early bird check in fees when they are the ones who cancel the flight? We were supposed to travel home on Feb 24th when SWA cancelled the flight that morning. I contacted customer service about getting a refund for our EBCI fees and they said that it takes up to ten days and a few billing cycles. I have no idea how long a billing cycle is so it is hard to know whether I need to wait a few more days or a few more months.

How do I get a Southwest Promo code? Just hope they will email me one?

they are pretty rare. I have never had one in 10 years time looking for one. Someone once got one and gave it to me and it was nice. But no clue why some get them and some don't.

they are pretty rare. I have never had one in 10 years time looking for one. Someone once got one and gave it to me and it was nice. But no clue why some get them and some don't.
Similar to a Disney pin code. I have better luck with PowerBall lol
Thanks!

I'm also looking for SW airfare for September and am having no luck as the prices are SO high!! Ugh.
I didn't even know that SW had pins. Sounds like I have a better chance of buying a powerball :(

Hi! I am new here! I am putting all my eggs in the Southwest basket! Planning trip November 12-19 for 14 family members! So worried about airline schedules and prices! I have to call SW when the schedule opens because of the large group. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi! I am new here! I am putting all my eggs in the Southwest basket! Planning trip November 12-19 for 14 family members! So worried about airline schedules and prices! I have to call SW when the schedule opens because of the large group. Does anyone have any advice?

check Delta too. It depends where you are coming from, but Delta has had some REALLY cheap roundtrip fairs. A friend got Oct. 31-Nov 3 from DTW for $171 round trip per person.

hi, we have to book for 14 as well in august. I called sw and talked to them about booking that many. they were so helpful and even indulged me in quoting me prices while I looked online at the same time. I got the same prices online as the agent quoted me. we talked for quite some time and this is what I got from it, they book so many tickets at certain prices, then the price goes up, which will make all of your tickets high. so try out a few different configurations of how many tickets you try to buy on one reservation. he said he couldn't offer any discounts for 14. of course all airports are in different demand and cause prices to fluctuate. its a bit confusing, but I would try different combinations of how many tickets you try to reserve and see how that affects price. I hope this helps. have a great time!

Thanks so much for your response! So... They couldn't give you one price for 14 people on the phone?

You should be able to get one price for 14 people but it will probably be higher than booking them separately.

For example they may have:
3 Tickets remaining @ $150
8 Tickets remaining @ $200
3+ Additional Tickets @ $250

If you try to book 14 at once they will just sell you all 14 at $250 so in this hypothetical example you'd pay $3,500 for 14 at once or if you book them separately to take example of the tiers you could save $700.

The way to figure out where the prices change is to start by searching for 1 ticket, then 2, etc. and see when/if the price goes up. Not to complicate it further BUT the number of tickets in each price "bucket" could vary on each leg so you may need to book one-way tickets if you're looking to pay the least amount.

Can flights be booked with a combination of travel funds and points, or must it be one or the other? DH and I have travel funds from flights that were purchased together, plus we each have points in our own name. Will we be able to book our next flight using both options? Thanks!

Last edited:
Can flights be booked with a combination of travel funds and points, or must it be one or the other? DH and I have travel funds from flights that were purchased together, plus we each have points in our own name. Will we be able to book our next flight using both options? Thanks!

You can't combine points and Travel funds to pay for a ticket. If you use points you could use the travel funds to pay the $5.60 Security Fee. You could also use points for a one-way and travel funds for a one-way and split it like that.

I am hoping someone can help me. I booked Southwest a month or so ago for a flight on 5-3 out of Milwaukee to MCO. I didn't book EBCI at the time. There are 7 of us (4kids) total. I am not expecting all of us to be able to sit by each other, but I have a 4 year old and an 8 year old that I'm hoping will at least be able to sit by one of us adults. Now I'm considering buying ECBI but don't really know if it's worth it anymore with my flight less than a month out. Opinions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter