Positive for Covid after our Disney World trip

Hi, I appreciate it. Finally back on my feet. It knocked me out for a good 10 days. I hear some people get it very mild but that was not the case for me. No regrets though, I am always careful when out and was not going to let Covid stop us from still enjoying some normalcy. It was eye opening to actually catch the virus. It was very hard to have to quarantine from my family and children for almost 2 weeks and not be able to be close to them or touch them. The separation was tough and I had never envisioned that part of it.

Glad to hear you're well. Unfortunately, I know 2 different families that visited this month and they're both hot ....covid. Not saying they caught it at WDW, but..... If I were to go, which I'm definitely not, I'd probably avoid most attractions and just enjoy the atmosphere. Especially right now.

Glad to hear you're well. Unfortunately, I know 2 different families that visited this month and they're both hot ....covid. Not saying they caught it at WDW, but..... If I were to go, which I'm definitely not, I'd probably avoid most attractions and just enjoy the atmosphere. Especially right now.
how long after their trip did they start experiencing symptoms? I know it says you can take 2-14 days after exposure to show symptoms and we were there Dec 9-15 - so I'm like, OK, no exposure on day #1, or day #2 - so I'm about on Day #4 of our trip if I'm giving myself 14 days for symptoms to appear....

how long after their trip did they start experiencing symptoms? I know it says you can take 2-14 days after exposure to show symptoms and we were there Dec 9-15 - so I'm like, OK, no exposure on day #1, or day #2 - so I'm about on Day #4 of our trip if I'm giving myself 14 days for symptoms to appear....

Both were within a week of return from what they said, but they had varying degrees of symptoms so hard to pinpoint. A guy I work with has quarantined for the better part of 6-weeks(not DISNEY related) ..wife works in a nursing rehab. Son got, then wife got it, then the other son caught it ..because of contact he has to quarantine as well. You’d think the symptoms would have been much closer to each other but that wasn’t the case -and he’s tested negative 🤷🏻‍♂️. Got my test today to be sure I’m negative before going to parents(80’s) this weekend

I don't think its "only a matter of time"

I have been to Disney 6 times since June 22nd.

People who work for this board are there every single day and they are all fine.
It is possible that you have already been exposed to it and did not even realize it because your body fought it off before you even developed symptoms. A lot of people also have some immunity from the simple cold virus. Pretty cool.
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-exposure-common-colds-people-covid-.html

Reactions: GAN
It is possible that you have already been exposed to it and did not even realize it because your body fought it off before you even developed symptoms. A lot of people also have some immunity from the simple cold virus. Pretty cool.
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-exposure-common-colds-people-covid-.html

Interesting. For about the last 15-years I’ve had respiratory “colds” that last about 3-4 weeks to get over. I usually only get it once a year -but always around the same time of year. Then I’m fine till next year. Could be what they describe in the article.

Hi, I appreciate it. Finally back on my feet. It knocked me out for a good 10 days. I hear some people get it very mild but that was not the case for me. No regrets though, I am always careful when out and was not going to let Covid stop us from still enjoying some normalcy. It was eye opening to actually catch the virus. It was very hard to have to quarantine from my family and children for almost 2 weeks and not be able to be close to them or touch them. The separation was tough and I had never envisioned that part of it.

How did you eat? Did they leave food at your door?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter