• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

The longer you stay, the more likely the SMSM rate will match or beat the AP rate. SMSM stands for Stay More Save More and the saving percentage changes the longer you stay. Depending on when in March you are going, I would look to be booking in the fall with the SMSM rate and change it to the AP rate if it comes out to be better. AP rates come out about 3 months in advance and can fluctuate depending on occupancy.[/QUOTE
Perfect - thats exactly the info I was looking for. Will aim for booking this fall. We look forward to our first stay there.

Cheers
Martin

Hi everyone- new to Universal thread and we are branching out from Disney and going to spend part of our March 2017 trip at PBH. I am a planner, and am looking to book the deluxe room there (490 sq feet). Three questions- what are SMSM rates? When is the best time to book for spring rate discounts (prices have been same for 8 weeks now- I know its still too early), and lastly I will likley buy an AP this year- will that be my hands down best way to get the best rate at PBH?!

Thanks for any input
Martin
I went April of this year and was looking for the same thing... Keep checking back frequently but sometime around January/early February is when Discount rates started to show for March and April.... They go fast so just keep on it

Are refrigerators provided no charge for storing of medication?
thanks all!

Hello,

We are checking in to PBR this Thursday and wondered if you could answer a couple of questions for me please?

Is there free WIFI in the standard rooms? If not, could you direct me to areas where we could use free WIFI - my mom is coming with us and she will want to FaceTime family back home in the UK each day, so we were just wondering where we could easily do this?

Many thanks or any help :thumbsup2

Hello,

We are checking in to PBR this Thursday and wondered if you could answer a couple of questions for me please?

Is there free WIFI in the standard rooms? If not, could you direct me to areas where we could use free WIFI - my mom is coming with us and she will want to FaceTime family back home in the UK each day, so we were just wondering where we could easily do this?

Many thanks or any help :thumbsup2

Standard wifi is free in all rooms.

You can upgrade to premium for a charge.

That's great - thank you for your speedy response too!:thumbsup2

Sorry if this is a silly question - but what is the difference between standard and premium wifi?

Well, don't know the exact speeds they offer, but, we upgraded to the premium to use Skype last year as regular connection made it jumpy.

Definitely faster and more reliable connection........but I don't pay attention to speeds as such, if they do tell you..........:) You also get more devices to use on premium........4 devices for free, 8 for premium.

Well, don't know the exact speeds they offer, but, we upgraded to the premium to use Skype last year as regular connection made it jumpy.

Definitely faster and more reliable connection........but I don't pay attention to speeds as such, if they do tell you..........:) You also get more devices to use on premium........4 devices for free, 8 for premium.
Ok great - thank you. We will only use it to FaceTime, so I guess we'll see how good the free connection is first and take it from there.

Thanks so much for replying :thumbsup2

Just booked our first stay at Portofino Bay for fall of 2017! Club room. (When I found out that Disney is not offering a bounce back for FD for our September break next year, I went looking for other options.) So excited! The rate is quite good for a seven night stay with the 35% discount. Mom loved visiting PB when we stayed at RPR in May of 2015 and I hope she gets to go with us. Looks like a gorgeous place.

I read that the club rooms are located all over the resort, and that we can request a balcony or patio (but there are not many). Also read we can request a room with a sofa bed. What other types of things can/should we request with these rooms? Pool view? Bay view? Close to boat transportation?

What is a good garden view request? Options?
Also, do all rooms have balconies?
Can I request one?

Last edited:
Can I request one?

some of the suites have the balconies.
do not know if any standard rooms have them.

there is an additional charge for a room with a balcony.

you can call and request a room that has one

Can I request one?
Ask for a room on the west side. This is the side by the boat ramps. You also might get a partial view of the beach pool from there.

Hey guys! I just booked our first PB stay! We're going to add it to our split stay in November! We are doing CL... I'd like to ask if they contact you (or is there a way to contact them) similar to Disney. Do you still need to pay for a fridge at PB? Has anyone stayed CL recently and can you tell me if there are any new evening offerings?
Also, can you use the lounge while we're waiting for our room? I am getting conflicting reports on this! Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
Hey guys! I just booked our first PB stay! We're going to add it to our split stay in November! We are doing CL... I'd like to ask if they contact you (or is there a way to contact them) similar to Disney. Do you still need to pay for a fridge at PB? Has anyone stayed CL recently and can you tell me if there are any new evening offerings?
Also, can you use the lounge while we're waiting for our room? I am getting conflicting reports on this! Thank you!!!!

There does not seem to be a way to contact them in advance, but I am staying Club next week so I will check.

If you want a fridge you can use, you do need to pay for it.

You can use the lounge once you've checked in even if your room isn't ready. I will post about current offerings when I am back in 2 weeks.

There does not seem to be a way to contact them in advance, but I am staying Club next week so I will check.

If you want a fridge you can use, you do need to pay for it.

You can use the lounge once you've checked in even if your room isn't ready. I will post about current offerings when I am back in 2 weeks.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! I'm looking forward to your review!!!

If you need the fridge for baby or medicinal purposes, you do not need to pay for it.

You can use the lounge as soon as you check in. They will give you a key.

You can call the hotel directly with any requests or needs.

We have booked a five-night stay for a two-bedroom (one king deluxe, one queen deluxe) Portofino parlor suite. This is our first trip to Universal and I wanted to know what to expect from the accommodations. Will there be a fridge in the room? A DVD player? I am seeing conflicting reports on both, and want to know what we will be able to bring.

Also, question about upgrading to "club" service upon arrival ... What should we expect to pay? There will be four of us, two adults and two kids, so pondering cost vs value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter