PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

We have booked a five-night stay for a two-bedroom (one king deluxe, one queen deluxe) Portofino parlor suite. This is our first trip to Universal and I wanted to know what to expect from the accommodations. Will there be a fridge in the room? A DVD player? I am seeing conflicting reports on both, and want to know what we will be able to bring.

Also, question about upgrading to "club" service upon arrival ... What should we expect to pay? There will be four of us, two adults and two kids, so pondering cost vs value.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Loews-Portofino-Bay-Hotel/Accommodations/Guest-Rooms.aspx

The link for all types of room amenities was in the 1st post in this sticky :thumbsup2

https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Loews-Portofino-Bay-Hotel/Accommodations/Guest-Rooms.aspx

The link for all types of room amenities was in the 1st post in this sticky :thumbsup2

I looked at the initial sticky post, and clicked on the links and they didn't list an amenities for the suites. There are some photos, not always identified, that show some rooms with kitchenettes including fridges, and some with DVD players. I was wondering if anyone knew if those were available in the suite type I had booked since there is no particular amenity list for the suites.

We had the parlour suite at RPR and there was a large fridge freezer. I imagine parlour suites at PB will be the same.

No DVD player though.

Maybe contact the hotel directly about the DVD player.

I looked at the initial sticky post, and clicked on the links and they didn't list an amenities for the suites. There are some photos, not always identified, that show some rooms with kitchenettes including fridges, and some with DVD players. I was wondering if anyone knew if those were available in the suite type I had booked since there is no particular amenity list for the suites.

There are Portofino parlor Suites and Villa parlor Suites and hospitality parlor suites.

The Portofino Suites do not have a kitchenette. The Villa suites and hospitality suites do. The Villa suites and hospitality suites have an entire dining room table. The Portofino Suites just have a living room with a pullout sofa.

This page will give you a floor plan of each suite. https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Loews-Portofino-Bay-Hotel/Accommodations/Luxury-Suites.aspx

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Just wondering how you feel about the water taxi on site? Are the waits typically long? Is it too far to walk to Universal? I heard there are also people on bikes that give you rides... Is there an area where they pick up passengers? Are there a bunch of these available? Just trying to decide how to start our park days! Thank you!!!!

Hey guys!

Just wondering how you feel about the water taxi on site? Are the waits typically long? Is it too far to walk to Universal? I heard there are also people on bikes that give you rides... Is there an area where they pick up passengers? Are there a bunch of these available? Just trying to decide how to start our park days! Thank you!!!!

During peak times there are more boats laid on, so you won't wait long even if you just miss one.

Yes PB is a little further out, but it's very walkable, it's not as far as people think it is and it is a lovely walk to the parks from all the hotels.

The rickshaws are usually around on the paths and at Citywalk.......they work for tips only. Not usually many of them around.

During peak times there are more boats laid on, so you won't wait long even if you just miss one.

Yes PB is a little further out, but it's very walkable, it's not as far as people think it is and it is a lovely walk to the parks from all the hotels.

The rickshaws are usually around on the paths and at Citywalk.......they work for tips only. Not usually many of them around.

Thanks so much!!!! Great information, I appreciate it!!!!

The rickshaws will be right next to the boat loading area at PBR. Never used them though as we take the boat.

We are back from our Orlando vacation, dodging hurricanes and raccoons along the way. Organizing my 1500 plus pictures then I will post a review of PBH club level and start a trip report. I need a day or 3...

We are back from our Orlando vacation, dodging hurricanes and raccoons along the way. Organizing my 1500 plus pictures then I will post a review of PBH club level and start a trip report. I need a day or 3...

Hope you had a great time! Looking forward to your review of CL!

I just started a TR, the link is in my signature, at the bottom.

We've never stayed Club Level before anywhere so this was new and we did enjoy it. We didn't use it to the full advantage, but it served our purposes well enough. Had it just been DH and I, we would have gotten much more out of it. Kids! First off, the lounge location at PBH is off the lobby, it's actually down in the little alcove where the ticket desk is. It overlooks the main piazza of the hotel, the harbor. The lobby and all of this is actually on the 3rd floor of the hotel. You need a club key card to get in, it's a separate key card from your room key. This hotel is a bit of a maze and takes some getting used to, even though we stayed last year, it was still confusing.

IMG_7470_zpsmrakzvw9.jpg

IMG_7258_zpselkhjbyo.jpg

The staff in the lounge was lovely and very helpful, I needed something printed one day and I went in there and was able to email one of the staff directly and she then printed what I need for me. Food was replenished constantly and quickly. In the morning they greeted us outside the door. We were able to take water bottles or anything we wanted in to go cups or grab some cans of soda. I even took wine in a to go cup one evening for the walk back to the park.

Our room was in the Villa Wing with a view of the Villa pool. We were on the 5th floor. As we've never experienced the usual club level being on the same floor as rooms, it didn't bother us to go down to the lobby to get to the lounge, but our feet protested more than once.

IMG_7448_zpsqu27xezn.jpg

We mainly used the lounge for a quick breakfast before heading to the parks, it opened at 7am which was perfect for eating and then heading to IOA for EE. They had 2 chafing dishes with hot food as well which I wasn't expecting. Scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes. It was the same each morning, although the potatoes changed a bit some days. Hard boiled eggs were available as well. The usual pastries and a toaster with bread and bagels as well.

IMG_7262_zpstaegemx1.jpg

IMG_7261_zpszgc08h3w.jpg

IMG_7260_zps8pbfs0vy.jpg

IMG_7259_zpsjaflnuef.jpg

IMG_7257_zpsqzz8p0ax.jpg

IMG_7256_zpszwsmt47r.jpg

We stopped in on the way to and from our room during he rest of the day to grab a drink or a snack, but not much else. One night we did go for a glass of wine and some apps, but the kids just sat there bored and wanted to leave so it didn't last long.

IMG_7444_zpscwkzz9l6.jpg

IMG_7443_zpstunssd63.jpg

IMG_7473_zpsj19wmc7u.jpg

IMG_7431_zps1ut6zeng.jpg

Sorry, some photos are fuzzy. My boys did not appreciate me taking photos of food so I had to be quick about it. Oh and I did ask, the concierge did say they don't often get emails for planning help before people arrive, but sometimes they do if the people happen to have their email address. Repeat guests mostly. So if you wish to contact them in advance you certainly can.

As I said, our room was located in the Villa Wing on the 5th floor. We had a view of the villa pool and we were on a corner. Club Level rooms are the deluxe rooms (490 sq ft) with a shower stall in the corner as opposed to that shelve unit you see in other bathrooms. Same layout as the regular rooms, just slightly larger. I don't think I got a photo of the bathroom. There was a back elevator not far down the hall that brought us right down to both pool entrances, villa on the left and beach on the right. It was very convenient since we do spend a lot of time in the pool.

The rooms looked to be in great shape, didn't see anything in need of refurbishments although I think they are due soon, just because it's been a few years, but they looked fine. Housekeeping was great, they came right after we left each morning and it was always done by the time we got back after lunch for our afternoon by the pool.

IMG_7911_zps90hiyibm.jpg

IMG_7951_zps0g9a671p.jpg

IMG_7915%202_zpsxkgycufl.jpg

view from elevator area on 5th floor, Beach pool

IMG_7441_zpsacrh96gs.jpg

view out our window, no balcony

IMG_7952%202_zpsiqgzwdti.jpg

IMG_7953%202_zpssa0afwxk.jpg

IMG_7912_zps0ysspq8l.jpg

IMG_7910_zpsjxacwntf.jpg

IMG_7913%202_zpsehkregeu.jpg

I just started a TR, the link is in my signature, at the bottom.

We've never stayed Club Level before anywhere so this was new and we did enjoy it. We didn't use it to the full advantage, but it served our purposes well enough. Had it just been DH and I, we would have gotten much more out of it. Kids! First off, the lounge location at PBH is off the lobby, it's actually down in the little alcove where the ticket desk is. It overlooks the main piazza of the hotel, the harbor. The lobby and all of this is actually on the 3rd floor of the hotel. You need a club key card to get in, it's a separate key card from your room key. This hotel is a bit of a maze and takes some getting used to, even though we stayed last year, it was still confusing.

IMG_7470_zpsmrakzvw9.jpg

IMG_7258_zpselkhjbyo.jpg

The staff in the lounge was lovely and very helpful, I needed something printed one day and I went in there and was able to email one of the staff directly and she then printed what I need for me. Food was replenished constantly and quickly. In the morning they greeted us outside the door. We were able to take water bottles or anything we wanted in to go cups or grab some cans of soda. I even took wine in a to go cup one evening for the walk back to the park.

Our room was in the Villa Wing with a view of the Villa pool. We were on the 5th floor. As we've never experienced the usual club level being on the same floor as rooms, it didn't bother us to go down to the lobby to get to the lounge, but our feet protested more than once.

IMG_7448_zpsqu27xezn.jpg

We mainly used the lounge for a quick breakfast before heading to the parks, it opened at 7am which was perfect for eating and then heading to IOA for EE. They had 2 chafing dishes with hot food as well which I wasn't expecting. Scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes. It was the same each morning, although the potatoes changed a bit some days. Hard boiled eggs were available as well. The usual pastries and a toaster with bread and bagels as well.

IMG_7262_zpstaegemx1.jpg

IMG_7261_zpszgc08h3w.jpg

IMG_7260_zps8pbfs0vy.jpg

IMG_7259_zpsjaflnuef.jpg

IMG_7257_zpsqzz8p0ax.jpg

IMG_7256_zpszwsmt47r.jpg

We stopped in on the way to and from our room during he rest of the day to grab a drink or a snack, but not much else. One night we did go for a glass of wine and some apps, but the kids just sat there bored and wanted to leave so it didn't last long.

IMG_7444_zpscwkzz9l6.jpg

IMG_7443_zpstunssd63.jpg

IMG_7473_zpsj19wmc7u.jpg

IMG_7431_zps1ut6zeng.jpg

Sorry, some photos are fuzzy. My boys did not appreciate me taking photos of food so I had to be quick about it. Oh and I did ask, the concierge did say they don't often get emails for planning help before people arrive, but sometimes they do if the people happen to have their email address. Repeat guests mostly. So if you wish to contact them in advance you certainly can.

Thank you for taking pictures!!! I really enjoyed looking at them! Everything looks amazing!!!! I'm happy we went with this hotel!!!! May I ask, are there still cereal boxes for the kids at breakfast? Also, how were the evening appetizers? Thanks! Hope you had fun!!

Thank you for taking pictures!!! I really enjoyed looking at them! Everything looks amazing!!!! I'm happy we went with this hotel!!!! May I ask, are there still cereal boxes for the kids at breakfast? Also, how were the evening appetizers? Thanks! Hope you had fun!!

Yes they had various cereal, fruit loops, rice krispies, frosted flakes, special K I think. My youngest will eat some cereal, he went with fruit loops. Whole and skim milk and orange juice. Fruit was out in addition to the pastries and bread and bagels. And the 2 hot dishes and hard boiled eggs.

Yes they had various cereal, fruit loops, rice krispies, frosted flakes, special K I think. My youngest will eat some cereal, he went with fruit loops. Whole and skim milk and orange juice. Fruit was out in addition to the pastries and bread and bagels. And the 2 hot dishes and hard boiled eggs.

Sounds great!!!!! Did you guys stay for any evening appetizers?

Sounds great!!!!! Did you guys stay for any evening appetizers?
One night we did, it was a pasta dish, maybe vodka sauce, it was pink ish and sausage and peppers. Salad bar as well. Had some cheese and crackers and tried the pasta which was good. The lounge was full that evening, the only time I saw it full and many people were definitely making a meal of it. Had it just been me, I could easily have made a meal out of it, but my men folk wanted a real meal.

Thanks for posting the pictures, they are excellent!

One night we did, it was a pasta dish, maybe vodka sauce, it was pink ish and sausage and peppers. Salad bar as well. Had some cheese and crackers and tried the pasta which was good. The lounge was full that evening, the only time I saw it full and many people were definitely making a meal of it. Had it just been me, I could easily have made a meal out of it, but my men folk wanted a real meal.

Thanks so much for your honest opinion! I'm happy you enjoyed it!! Pictures are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter