Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1552.jpg

Very nice photos as usual.

Ill be here in 34 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes, 4 seconds *as of typing this* ;-)

I got lucky last May and got a corner room in Gator Bayou without request. Good locale. Going to request this again and first floor.

We checked in Friday Aug 19 and got Magnolia. I was disappointed because I wanted refurbished but we walked into a brand new room!! Half of Magnolia was done and I think the other half was mostly done by the time we left yesterday (Sunday 8/28). Had to move though because our room was leaking...... in several places. But moved down the hall to another new room so not a huge problem. I LOVED our location and POR may be my new favorite!

It's only 4 more days, It's only 4 more days, It's only 4 more days.

Nope, still doesn't help. I want to be there NOW!

I know what you mean :rotfl:. Its 9 more days for us and I feel the same way - I want it now!

We arrived on Saturday August 20 for 7 nights. We had requested refurb rooms in Acadian House. Since we have 2 adults and 4 kids under 9, our reservation said "guaranteed connecting rooms". I know the comment really does not mean that you will definitely have connecting rooms and found out the hard way.

We checked in and were given two rooms on the first floor of Acadian near the back but they were next to each other and not connecting. DH is an early to bed person and I am a night owl. I like to go for a walk or shop in the gift shop once everyone is asleep but that would not have been possible as I will not leave my two 8 year old girls alone in the room, even with their Dad next door. The resort was so full that there were not connecting rooms anywhere that night :eek: They could move us the next day to Partierre but I really wanted to stay a bit closer and have a rehab room. After asking about several options, we were able to move to connecting rooms in Acadian on Monday am. They did refund us the cost of one room for one night ($169) which was much appreciated. :banana:

I am so sorry to say that I had camera problems and did not come back with any pictures of the rehab rooms. The rooms are identical to the few pics that have been posted recently. The colors are more muted that I expected but still really nice. Blues and greens with a white bathroom area. The beds were very comfortable.

Overall it was a great trip and I am having serious Disney withdrawl. Hoping to convince DH for another trip in 2013 or 2014 :)

We'll be at POR 9-23 to 10-4. We're a party of 5 what buildings should we request? Do you request when you do online checkin 10 days before checkin or do you have to call before you get there or ask when you checkin?

We'll be at POR 9-23 to 10-4. We're a party of 5 what buildings should we request? Do you request when you do online checkin 10 days before checkin or do you have to call before you get there or ask when you checkin?

You should place your requests on your reservation at the time of booking, but can do so anytime before five days before you check-in, when the reservations are transferred by computer to the resort.

You can call about 10 days before you check-in to reiterate your requests.

You cannot make requests at online check-in. That is merely to place a credit card on hold and a time of arrival, so they can attempt to have a room ready for you.

You can check out the resort map on this site or allearsnet.com; you will be in Alligator Bayou. The four buildings closest to the main building are considered preferred and are a booking category.

You can request any building beyond that; to be near a pool, a parking lot, transporation, etc.

Call any time now to add your requests. Since you're a party of 5, you'll be in AB. The buildings in AB closest to main amenities are preferred, but you could request any other building that looks good to you.

Call any time now to add your requests. Since you're a party of 5, you'll be in AB. The buildings in AB closest to main amenities are preferred, but you could request any other building that looks good to you.

If I don't request a certain building number is there a chance of being in a "bad" location if one exists? We'll have 4,6, 11 yr olds plan on coming back each day for a rest/swim.

If I don't request a certain building number is there a chance of being in a "bad" location if one exists? We'll have 4,6, 11 yr olds plan on coming back each day for a rest/swim.

That all depends on what your definition of a "bad" location is. For example, do your children complain when they must walk some distance? If so, request a building that's close to the amenities that interest you (main building, pool, bus stop).

In my opinion, there's no such thing as a bad location at POR! It's all beautiful.

I have a few questions about our upcoming trip and I was hoping someone here might have an answer. We will be arriving at Port Orleans Riverside Dec. 15 and staying until the 21st. There are 6 of us (one being our then 8 month old) and I know I read that we will be staying in AB. My question is will any of the rooms with the queen beds and pull down beds be available then? Hubby and I are Pooh sized (though we are working on becoming less Pooh sized :laughing:) and would love to have queen beds instead of fulls. I don't mind paying for preferred if I have to, but location isn't all that important to me.

Also, last time we were at disney we left Mousekeeping a tip and most days they never took it. Where should we lay the tip in the room to make sutr they take it? This time I am going to decorate some envelopes for the holidays with MouseKeeping in big letters, but I was curious to see where everyone left their tips.

I know I have more questions, but right now I can't think of them! Thanks for your help!

I have a few questions about our upcoming trip and I was hoping someone here might have an answer. We will be arriving at Port Orleans Riverside Dec. 15 and staying until the 21st. There are 6 of us (one being our then 8 month old) and I know I read that we will be staying in AB. My question is will any of the rooms with the queen beds and pull down beds be available then? Hubby and I are Pooh sized (though we are working on becoming less Pooh sized :laughing:) and would love to have queen beds instead of fulls. I don't mind paying for preferred if I have to, but location isn't all that important to me.

Also, last time we were at disney we left Mousekeeping a tip and most days they never took it. Where should we lay the tip in the room to make sutr they take it? This time I am going to decorate some envelopes for the holidays with MouseKeeping in big letters, but I was curious to see where everyone left their tips.

I know I have more questions, but right now I can't think of them! Thanks for your help!

None of the AB rooms have been refurbed; only 1 1/2 mansions are completed.

I always put mine on top of the sink area clearly marked.

I have a question for you all. We will be staying at POR 2 weeks from today:cool1::cool1:. We booked a preferred room not knowing that the only preferred rooms are in the AB section. We really want to be the mansion section. Our travel agent has requested a water view room in the mansion section. What are the chances we'll actually get that? I'm also thinking of skipping the online check in so that I might be able to get a CM to find us a room in the mansion side. Any other suggestions???

I have a question for you all. We will be staying at POR 2 weeks from today:cool1::cool1:. We booked a preferred room not knowing that the only preferred rooms are in the AB section. We really want to be the mansion section. Our travel agent has requested a water view room in the mansion section. What are the chances we'll actually get that? I'm also thinking of skipping the online check in so that I might be able to get a CM to find us a room in the mansion side. Any other suggestions???

I would skip the online check in too given that you want the mansions, there might be a better shot at switching rooms if you don't like where you were placed.

I'm not an expert by any means but I would think that if you paid for preferred and want a water view, wouldn't you either have to pay for the "upgrade" or get refunded depending on how much preferred vs. water view is?

Either way, enjoy yourself!!!! I have to wait another 379 days.. lol

I would skip the online check in too given that you want the mansions, there might be a better shot at switching rooms if you don't like where you were placed.

I'm not an expert by any means but I would think that if you paid for preferred and want a water view, wouldn't you either have to pay for the "upgrade" or get refunded depending on how much preferred vs. water view is?

Either way, enjoy yourself!!!! I have to wait another 379 days.. lol

according to the Disney site... preferred and water view are the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter