Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
63 days! :D

It is so nice to be in a place where I can squee like this every day and you guys understand!! All I do at home is make dh roll his eyes and my kids start whining that they can't wait that long to go!

Should I bother making any requests? We have 2 nights on a travelocity reservation and then 7 nights on a dining package.

It's just me and my 2 kids. My daughter will turn 13 and my son is 15 months. We are renting a car. I did not do any upgrade rooms just basic. Honestly I would rather be close to the lobby so my daughter can run there and I wont worry as much. Or close to parking lots.

Should I bother making any requests? We have 2 nights on a travelocity reservation and then 7 nights on a dining package.

It's just me and my 2 kids. My daughter will turn 13 and my son is 15 months. We are renting a car. I did not do any upgrade rooms just basic. Honestly I would rather be close to the lobby so my daughter can run there and I wont worry as much. Or close to parking lots.

You can request close to parking; honestly, the resort is so compact, just about any building is close to the Main Building.

We just booked our flights for a July trip down to WDW and wasn't sure what resort to pick. But having reading that the refurbished rooms now have queen beds and that it is the smallest of the moderates, I think I know where we are staying. Last year we stayed at CSR because of the queen beds but didn't like the resort, it seemed much bigger than CBR.

I will run thins by DH tonight and I'm sure that he will definitely want to try it. Thanks for all the info and will look forward to going back and reading all the posts in this thread.

We just booked our flights for a July trip down to WDW and wasn't sure what resort to pick. But having reading that the refurbished rooms now have queen beds and that it is the smallest of the moderates, I think I know where we are staying. Last year we stayed at CSR because of the queen beds but didn't like the resort, it seemed much bigger than CBR.

I will run thins by DH tonight and I'm sure that he will definitely want to try it. Thanks for all the info and will look forward to going back and reading all the posts in this thread.

Hold on...not too for sure we all want a bad apple at our "favorite" resort :lmao:

Has anyone ever clocked the bus travel times to each of the parks and downtown Disney? I know Epcot is the closest park, wondering how long it takes to get to each one. Thanks if you know!

We are arriving the same day! We are driving from Illinois leaving on the 4th(twins are flying down late on the 5th after a baseball game). Here's hoping we both have a good trip fellow Dis'er.

We are driving too! But from Memphis Tn. 6 of us in one car!

Has anyone ever clocked the bus travel times to each of the parks and downtown Disney? I know Epcot is the closest park, wondering how long it takes to get to each one. Thanks if you know!
Are you sure that Epcot is the closest? It sure didn't seem to be when we were there in December. DHS was closest and took 6 minutes, Epcot was 8 minutes, MK was 16 minutes, AK was 15 I think, DTD was about 15 too, I think. But I did measure DHS and Epcot.

Are you sure that Epcot is the closest? It sure didn't seem to be when we were there in December. DHS was closest and took 6 minutes, Epcot was 8 minutes, MK was 16 minutes, AK was 15 I think, DTD was about 15 too, I think. But I did measure DHS and Epcot.

That's what I read on allears. Thanks for the info though!

That's what I read on allears. Thanks for the info though!

Straight line distance Epcot is closer, though because of the roads/route bus takes DHS may be quicker to get to. But there wouldn't be a lot of difference.

Check out the transportation wizard at ourlaughingplace.com. If you punch in where you are going to and from it will give you an approximate travel time using each mode of Disney transportation and by car. I find this an excellent planning tool which I have used on each of my last 3 trips.:thumbsup2

Check out the transportation wizard at ourlaughingplace.com. If you punch in where you are going to and from it will give you an approximate travel time using each mode of Disney transportation and by car. I find this an excellent planning tool which I have used on each of my last 3 trips.:thumbsup2

THANKS! :thumbsup2

Thanks for great site. I'll sure get some use out of it.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter