Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the thread....just decided on POFQ as our resort for a trip this December. I am so thrilled-I stayed here once as a child and can't wait to return. In the meantime, looking forward to hearing all about everyone else's stays!!! Nice to meet you all.

Are you sure that Epcot is the closest? It sure didn't seem to be when we were there in December. DHS was closest and took 6 minutes, Epcot was 8 minutes, MK was 16 minutes, AK was 15 I think, DTD was about 15 too, I think. But I did measure DHS and Epcot.

I realized on our first trip that closest on a map does not mean closest as the road goes. It seems like the bus circles completely around Epcot before entering. I agree that the ride to DHS seemed shorter.

I just used that transportation wizard and I don't think it is accurate. It said 18 minutes by bus to DHS and 34 minutes by bus to Epcot. Both those seem a little long. And why in the world would they suggest catching the boat from POFQ up to POR and catching the bus there? Just doesn't make sense to me!

Thanks for the thread....just decided on POFQ as our resort for a trip this December. I am so thrilled-I stayed here once as a child and can't wait to return. In the meantime, looking forward to hearing all about everyone else's stays!!! Nice to meet you all.
kmrein i will meet you in Dec 2011 in POFQ!

I just used that transportation wizard and I don't think it is accurate. It said 18 minutes by bus to DHS and 34 minutes by bus to Epcot. Both those seem a little long. And why in the world would they suggest catching the boat from POFQ up to POR and catching the bus there? Just doesn't make sense to me!

I agree, there's no way that it's half an hour to Epcot. And as far as taking the boat to POR and then a bus! That's crazy and would more than likely take even longer than 34 minutes.

Hey everyone!!! I can't believe we check in in a month and 25 days!!!

My mom used Disney Florist for me in March for my birthday and it worked great as always but her birthday + father's day + wedding anniversary will take place when we're there in June.

Does anyone know about cake delivery to POFQ????

We've used it before at YC and WL and it has been great both of those times but do they deliver cakes to POFQ?? We're staying POFQ for 3 nights, Vero Beach for 3 nights, and our last night at Poly CL the last 4 nights are pretty much out between Vero and having CL at Poly. We also won't be on the DDP and I'll have TIW. We don't have any ADRs as of now but we might go to one resort TS (Captain's Grille or Kona) before we leave for Vero Beach.

TIA!!!!!

Sorry if this has been asked, but I can't find it anywhere- With the corner rooms, are these just king beds, or are there some doubles as well?
Thanks!

Hold on...not too for sure we all want a bad apple at our "favorite" resort :lmao:

I promise not to "spoil" the resort.

Today at lunch I will be calling and making my reservations for the French Quarter. We love the fact that it is small. My only concern is the pool. I had read that the slide is not that thrilling.

I guess I would like to request a building that would put us close to Riverside in case we wanted to go over there and check out their pool. Which building(s) would I request for that?

I promise not to "spoil" the resort.

Today at lunch I will be calling and making my reservations for the French Quarter. We love the fact that it is small. My only concern is the pool. I had read that the slide is not that thrilling.

I guess I would like to request a building that would put us close to Riverside in case we wanted to go over there and check out their pool. Which building(s) would I request for that?

http://allears.net/acc/portorleansmap.jpg

This is the link to the total resort map.

Building no. 7 is closest to POR.

I guess it is not perfect but I have found it to be pretty good for the most part for ballparking transportation times. I agree that taking the boat to POR to catch a bus makes no sense whatsoever. Just use it as a ballpark but not necessarily the rule. 18 minutes to DHS is about right but the 34 minutes to Epcot seems out of range. Like anything, there are likely a few glitches.....especially with computers!

Sorry if this has been asked, but I can't find it anywhere- With the corner rooms, are these just king beds, or are there some doubles as well?
Thanks!

No doubles at POFQ any more, all queens or kings. That's a nice change!

10 days and on countdown now......

Really must start finalising plans lol. Can anyone please advise on pool size at French Quarters. Is it large enough to actually swim in, or is it more of a "splash pool" - does anyone know if it is available at all times, i.e. very early morning, late at night etc.

Thanks

Steve

You could swim (as in swimming back and forth, yes?) in the POFQ pool, but it'd be a bit tricky due to the kids and people generally having fun. Early morning would be best, just after they've cleaned the pool but before the lifeguards come on duty. In the evening there will often be people in the pool until quite late (beyond midnight, even though the slide/etc may be turned off at 10pm).

The rectangular quiet pools at Riverside's Magnolia Bend section might be a better answer for you, and they are only about ten minutes walk away.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter