• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I have been there, I have seen people in the both the bowling pin pool and the hippy dippy pool when they are 'technically' closed. It has been my experience that they allow guests to use them after hours as long as they as 'quiet' while doing so. And there are some hours that the pools are offically open for use but the lifeguards are NOT on duty...so there is a difference. :)

you can swim anytime you want, at your own risk, as long as you are quiet. this last trip, a man and his preteen daughter were swimming at 1:30 am. .. how do I know this, you ask?
now this story should go on that thread about "what have you seen guests do that make themselves too much 'at home' ". but I have an excuse!!!!
I usually turn the radio on, leaving it between stations, for the static. for white noise. (hubby snores). our radio/ alarm clock didn't work! aargh! I just could NOT get to sleep!!!! if it wasn't for snakes, I would've made myslef cozy in the lawn outside our room! :rotfl: so I finally lugged my blanket and 2 pillows out to the bowling pin pool. there were 2 ladies on lounge chairs quietly chatting.
not wnating to look like we were in the middle of a marital spat, I said to them.. "um hubby snores".. they laughed and said "we left our husbands at home" ....at that point I couldn't help myself...."Oh you are SO lucky!!!" :rotfl2: (any neboites, do not post this on the TR yet please!!!)

anyway, they left shortly and I was just dozing off when the swimimers approached. and that's how I know! ( I did sleep for aboutand hour and a half, by the way);)

Fitst stay at POP in 40 days! Is there music playing from the decade(s) in each area? Have requested 50's based on DD liking the look of the bowling pin pool & the icons. I'm sure she'd get a kick out of the 50's music, too.

Don't really want to cut thru the parking lot as others have suggested if put in 80's-90's, but would like to be near transportation/food court...but then there's the much talked about lake view rooms...ugh! I think I may just let the chips fall where they may & leave it all up to luck! Either way, really looking forward to staying at POP as I've always heard so much about it & based on following this thread, it has A LOT of loyal fans!

they do play the music of the decade at those pools... EXCEPT during the afternoon at the hippy dippy pool, then, instead of listening to the GREAT sounds of the 60's you are BLASTED with Beyonce , katy Perry, Justin Beiber, etc.:(

not wnating to look like we were in the middle of a marital spat, I said to them.. "um hubby snores".. they laughed and said "we left our husbands at home" ....at that point I couldn't help myself...."Oh you are SO lucky!!!" :rotfl2: (any neboites, do not post this on the TR yet please!!!)

don't tell nebo I posted under his name, either....;)

:rotfl2: Too funny! (oh but will he seek revenge?? :upsidedow :teeth:)

Just checked into Pop today! So far everything is great!!

Aweome! Hope it continiues to be so. Enjoy!

In 14 days I will be asleep in my bed at POP. I'm freaking out a wee bit!

Well, we are all allowed to freak out a bit... Disney kind of has that effect. :goodvibes

Fitst stay at POP in 40 days! Is there music playing from the decade(s) in each area? Have requested 50's based on DD liking the look of the bowling pin pool & the icons. I'm sure she'd get a kick out of the 50's music, too.

Don't really want to cut thru the parking lot as others have suggested if put in 80's-90's, but would like to be near transportation/food court...but then there's the much talked about lake view rooms...ugh! I think I may just let the chips fall where they may & leave it all up to luck! Either way, really looking forward to staying at POP as I've always heard so much about it & based on following this thread, it has A LOT of loyal fans!

:wave2: First time POPer... welcome!! Most rooms are within a 4-8 walk to Classic Hall/Busing. We have stayed in all areas (except the 70s) and have been happy with all our rooms. :) Lake view rooms fall under the standard booking category (our usual choice). Did you book a standard room??

The 50s is a great area, and especially so if you think your DD will like it. :) And who doesn't like Lady & Tramp?? ::yes::

Remember, if you are not happy with your room assignment at check in, ask the CM if they would be able to assign you another room and they will do their best to accomodate you. :goodvibes

We checked into POP today. They had us in 90s but we asked if there was anything closer and they moved us to 70s which is what I wanted. It's fabulous. We went swimming in the hippy dippy pool. I agree that they music was so loud and annoying. I don't remember them doing that two years ago.

But it's not a big deal. Everyone has been great and super nice. Our room is wonderful.

We walked over to AOA and they really did a great job on that place. It's amazing.

Can't wait to go to HS tomorrow for SWW.

:woohoo: Hope SWW was fantastic!! Happy that POP was able to accommodate you with a room more to your liking. Enjoy! :goodvibes

Does POP have a fitness center??

I don't believe so.

Bummer! I guess no working out for 10 days! :lmao:

Pop Century does not have a fitness center; none of the values do. And, the only moderate with a fitness center is Coronado Springs because it's a convention center hotel.

Hey, we do have the hustle, twister, and hula hoops for fun and exercise!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2 (and of course the jogging trail).

Oh what about our walks to the bus stops at the parks? :upsidedow We POPpers keep in shape, yes we do!! :cool1:

Can't believe I return to POP in just 12 days!! Just finally bought my airline ticket last night, so that made it official. Now batting around the idea if I want to add the dining plan since they came out with such a good offer but trying to figure out if we will be able to get ressies for where we want?? I left with a few unused TS credits back in March! UGH! So not sure what to do.... 11 nights is A LOT of TS dining KWIM? But then again it'd be nice to know it's already paid for esp at such a great price! What to do? What to do?

just read on the allearsnet newsletter about changes to the POP food court. no more beef and bleu sandwich. No more Shrimp lo Mein!!!!! No more Fried chicken for Mom's night out!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!

I think the menu looks great! Looking forward to getting back there in September! Hoping Dd14 will love it as much as the rest of us do!

I will be at the Pop with my 15 year old son on Thursday!!! I had emergency kidney stone surgery two days ago, but the doctors said I will be up for the trip, so YAY!!!!!!!!!

I would like to send in a fax with requests (60s building- Playdoh building, fourth floor, lake side).

But I can't find the fax number... can anyone help me?

Thanks!!!

I've heard (from these boards) that they don't take fax requests for rooms anymore. Their fax is 407-938-4040.

I think the menu looks great! Looking forward to getting back there in September! Hoping Dd14 will love it as much as the rest of us do!

the menu may look great. however.... the Shrimp Lo Mein and the Mom's night out FRIED Chicken were 2 favorites (at least amongst dissers).

the menu on allearsnet does not yet reflect the changes they mentioned in the allears newsletter. sigh

I will be at the Pop with my 15 year old son on Thursday!!! I had emergency kidney stone surgery two days ago, but the doctors said I will be up for the trip, so YAY!!!!!!!!!

I would like to send in a fax with requests (60s building- Playdoh building, fourth floor, lake side).

But I can't find the fax number... can anyone help me?

Thanks!!!

they don't read faxed requests anymore. they get tossed.

I've heard (from these boards) that they don't take fax requests for rooms anymore. Their fax is 407-938-4040.

exactly! :thumbsup2 Your best bet is to put your requests in your reservation or to do online check in and put your requests in there. And put them in order of importance...Whatever you want most, put first. such as if you want to be close to transportation, list that first. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter