POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will have to go back and get caught up with you all ...:)

Living in FL bugs are just part of the atmosphere. Unfortunately including roaches. And like the PP said it happens at all the resorts. There have been sightings every where. I think Disney has done very well with responding and handling the issue. Like I have learned on here never unpack or settle in your room til you have inspected it. That way its easier to handle and move if need be.

We will be leaving today around 4pm for our two hr drive to check into POP. Kids are excited and so is mom and dad. It will be our first time staying here or even on site.

:woohoo: you should be there now!! Have fun!

Arrived an hour ago. Stopped by Burger 21 near millinium mall for lunch. Weather is great. Staying in the 80's. About to meet my wife at the pool to get some sun!

:yay: Not sure if your room is in the 80s or the weather is in the 80s :goodvibes .. either way, both is good!! have a terrific time!!

hey all!

Well we just got back from our trip! What a great time :)
Where are some of my random thoughts. I plan on doing a trip report for the whole trip with photos. Once that's started I'll include the link in my signature.

Welcome back and thanks for your review:flower3: I'm happy that everything worked out well, and that you had a wonderful time. :) We think the CMs are pretty special too, so it's good to read that validation from you. Those are some hot temps! Even in August when we usually go, it's not above 94 (of course we still have the humidity).

We will look forward to reading the whole TR when you have it ready.:)

5 more days!!!!!!!!!!

2 more days!!

:cool1: So nice to be going soon... safe travels to all!

That's a bummer! Cherry coke is my favourite!

In case you are over at the Boardwalk, they did sell the 20 ounce bottles of Cherry Coke. I looked for them in Pop and AoA but none. I'm not sure if you can find them in any of the other resorts but I was excited to see them sold there one night.

Ok RECENT GUESTS:mic: , I have not stayed at POP since September of 2009!!! I'm hearing some roach/gross bug reports??!!! I have to say I' am shocked :confused3 since the 3x I have stayed at POP it's been immaculate (and I'm tough to please since I clean :laundy: for a living.) PLEASE tell me, has it changed that much in the last 4 years?? How would all of you recent guests rate :teacher: the over all cleanliness of the rooms?? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!! Thanks in Advance!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We are here now and personally have had no problems with any kinds of bugs. We are staying in the 60's building. My sister, however, did spot a cockroach last night in her room behind her suitcase. Yuck! She is staying in the 90's building.

I'm heading down in 10 days, (!!!) but I'm going down with a group. I'm kinda nervous that they're going to stick us in the 80's or 90's because it is a group of "kids/teenagers." Can somebody post some positive information about that area so I'm not so concerned staying here. At least I'm stoked about the Floppy Disk pool! :cool1: Either way it's Disney and we won't be spending a lot of time in our rooms, but cockroaches are my one bug I'm not okay with. Spiders, ants, those giant crazy bugs Florida has, are all fine. Not roaches. Help?

I'm heading down in 10 days, (!!!) but I'm going down with a group. I'm kinda nervous that they're going to stick us in the 80's or 90's because it is a group of "kids/teenagers." Can somebody post some positive information about that area so I'm not so concerned staying here. At least I'm stoked about the Floppy Disk pool! :cool1: Either way it's Disney and we won't be spending a lot of time in our rooms, but cockroaches are my one bug I'm not okay with. Spiders, ants, those giant crazy bugs Florida has, are all fine. Not roaches. Help?

We requested the 80's building because we LOVE the 80's lol

Me too! That's actually where I hope they put us, regardless of the walk. Most of us are teens or twenties we can handle at bit of a walk in the morning.

Me too! That's actually where I hope they put us, regardless of the walk. Most of us are teens or twenties we can handle at bit of a walk in the morning.

We aren't but we'll walk...I turn 40 on Monday :( my DH is 41 and we have an 8 and 10 yr old. We grew up in the 80's so we'll take the walk for the theme :)

We just booked a last minute weekend getaway for Pop, arriving June 9! We had our first value resort stay in January at ASMu and I absolutely LOVED it, so I've been really wanting to try out Pop, which seems to have so many fans here. Looking forward to it, even if it's only a couple nights!

Booked a preferred room and requested the 50's location (I REALLY want to swim in that bowling pin pool!) :woohoo:

BlovesC said:
We just booked a last minute weekend getaway for Pop, arriving June 9! We had our first value resort stay in January at ASMu and I absolutely LOVED it, so I've been really wanting to try out Pop, which seems to have so many fans here. Looking forward to it, even if it's only a couple nights!

Booked a preferred room and requested the 50's location (I REALLY want to swim in that bowling pin pool!) :woohoo:

Congrats on the last minute trip and Welcome!
We may be neighbors!! LOL. We check in for a 12 day trip on the 8th! We requested 50's or 60's and DD is going to go over at the 10 day mark and speak with the room assigners about our placement. I suspect we will be back in the 50's again and I am totally fine with that!! I really enjoyed the location of our room there in building 3 in January or March and I liked my room in bldg 1 in May.

I've spent a lot of time at POP and I will say I have never seen very many people in the bowling pin pool, even in june, july or august!! So enjoy!!! :)

We always request 80s/90s! We love that area, plus it's our years lol but it's never been loud and crazy and we don't mind the walk. It's really not too bad if you find the shortcuts:)

I've spent a lot of time at POP and I will say I have never seen very many people in the bowling pin pool, even in june, july or august!! So enjoy!!! :)

That is GREAT to hear, thank you!! :thumbsup2 And from my understanding, you CAN swim in the pools before they officially 'open', there just won't be a lifeguard on duty, right? It would be so nice to get some early morning swims in!

Haven't read through the entire thread, but I was wondering if children are allowed to wear "puddle jumpers" in the pool?

Thanks!

We always request 80s/90s! We love that area, plus it's our years lol but it's never been loud and crazy and we don't mind the walk. It's really not too bad if you find the shortcuts:)

How far of a walk is it to the buses & restaurant from the 80's building?

BlovesC said:
That is GREAT to hear, thank you!! :thumbsup2 And from my understanding, you CAN swim in the pools before they officially 'open', there just won't be a lifeguard on duty, right? It would be so nice to get some early morning swims in!

When I have been there, I have seen people in the both the bowling pin pool and the hippy dippy pool when they are 'technically' closed. It has been my experience that they allow guests to use them after hours as long as they as 'quiet' while doing so. And there are some hours that the pools are offically open for use but the lifeguards are NOT on duty...so there is a difference. :)

We changed from POFQ to POP because of everyone ranting and raving about it and saving a lot of money.

When I have been there, I have seen people in the both the bowling pin pool and the hippy dippy pool when they are 'technically' closed. It has been my experience that they allow guests to use them after hours as long as they as 'quiet' while doing so. And there are some hours that the pools are offically open for use but the lifeguards are NOT on duty...so there is a difference. :)

Thank you!! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter