Poor Jungle Cruise

Retro Magic

Mouseketeer
What has happened to this attraction? I know the storm affected this but still. I just got off and couldn't believe they've allowed it to deteriorate so horribly. Waterfalls not working. Butterflies not fluttering. Hippos with ears broken off. Animatronics with cracks or with no movement.

I hope this gets a refurbishment soon. It's embarrassing. Not worthy of the Fast Pass to see it like this(especially when introducing it to someone for the first time) :(

I haven't been on it for years, I think the last time the family went on it, I chilled with a grumpy toddler and a dole whip, fighting a tired 2 year old wasn't worth the wait, he enjoyed his nap and I'm sure I enjoyed my solitary dole whip more than I would have enjoyed the ride, I heard rumors about an update along with the upcoming movie...but that seems like it would be a long ways off

Well my family at least likes the ride and I love the corny jokes. I believe I read somewhere on this site that JC was due for some love in the future.

Yes, the skipper is main part, but the supporting part, the visuals can take you out of the experience if they are broken. When the real world creeps in to your brain during the ride, it ceases to be a ride. The result is a perceived lowering of the value you are getting for your vacation.

I remember the best time I had on the JC was about 20 years ago when my brother and I rode it at night. The skipper was a hoot. The best line was
"Now" (as he shut off all the lights) we come upon the most terrifying creature from all regions. Many terrified and not able to speak of it ever again. The most dangerous thing in all my journeys" He then shines a light into the water "The most feared.... the deflated Mickey Mouse Balloon!" And sure enough, there was a bright yellow one floating in the water, stuck on a branch so it could not freely float away. Man, he had all of us in stitches! To this day, every time I step on the JC, I remember that night and the Skipper. I can't wait until this summer when we go back and my brother joins us. I'm going to see if he remembers. And I be he does.
Yes, it's a corny ride, but I still love it. My son even got to pilot the vessel into the cave for his 9th birthday. That's something he still will never forget.

I remember watching the Wonderful Word of Disney back in the 50s when Disneyland was being built and there was a short segment on the construction of this attraction. It was ahead of its time then but the years, and technology, have not been kind to it. Forget any lack of maintenance, it's horribly dated now in light of the dazzling things the Imagineers have accomplished over the years.

Bill From PA

This is puzzling. Doesn't the Keys to the Kingdom Tour go on this attraction? I would think they'd want it decent condition.......

I remember watching the Wonderful Word of Disney back in the 50s when Disneyland was being built and there was a short segment on the construction of this attraction. It was ahead of its time then but the years, and technology, have not been kind to it. Forget any lack of maintenance, it's horribly dated now in light of the dazzling things the Imagineers have accomplished over the years.

Bill From PA

I agree completely. It's not my favorite, actually it's WAY down my list, but if they intend to keep it there then they should maintain it appropriately.

Dan

I love the Jungle Cruise but I’m always annoyed when they announce that the backside of water is the 8th Wonder of the world. Anyone working at WDW should know the 8th wonder is Dumbo! :)

Sounds like you just had a bad day. Waterfalls and butterflies were working when we went in November, which was after the hurricane. Don't recall any missing ears on the hippos then either, but I could have missed that.

We actually went twice on that trip...once for regular JC and once for JINGLE cruise. Had great skippers both times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter