Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
One full week now since my first AZ shot and back to normal. Had to take a zero day on Sunday as felt terrible. Strange side effect as have lost my taste for a glass of wine with dinner. Triggers another round of headaches and blah like flu symptoms. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. But suppose won't miss the empty calories. :confused3

Had my AZ shot on Tuesday at 3pm. By 11pm I had a raging fever. it was really bad Tuesday night. I got up on Wed thinking the worst was over-hahaha-I only left my bed to use the bathroom until this morning. I have never in my life had such a fierce headache, it felt like my head was in a clamp. The fever wasn't as high as it had been Tuesday night but still high. And I don't know if I slept or was in and out of consciousness because I could hear everyone in the house, the tv etc but I was out of it! I am a lot better this morning but still have a light lingering fever and my arm is a bit sore still.

Had my AZ shot on Tuesday at 3pm. By 11pm I had a raging fever. it was really bad Tuesday night. I got up on Wed thinking the worst was over-hahaha-I only left my bed to use the bathroom until this morning. I have never in my life had such a fierce headache, it felt like my head was in a clamp. The fever wasn't as high as it had been Tuesday night but still high. And I don't know if I slept or was in and out of consciousness because I could hear everyone in the house, the tv etc but I was out of it! I am a lot better this morning but still have a light lingering fever and my arm is a bit sore still.

For the headache, did you contact your family doctor? "worst headache of your life" was one of the bloodclot symptoms to watch for. Glad to hear you are feeling better now.

Had my AZ shot on Tuesday at 3pm. By 11pm I had a raging fever. it was really bad Tuesday night. I got up on Wed thinking the worst was over-hahaha-I only left my bed to use the bathroom until this morning. I have never in my life had such a fierce headache, it felt like my head was in a clamp. The fever wasn't as high as it had been Tuesday night but still high. And I don't know if I slept or was in and out of consciousness because I could hear everyone in the house, the tv, etc but I was out of it! I am a lot better this morning but still have a light lingering fever and my arm is a bit sore still.
Wow! That is a quick and strong reaction! I hope you continue to improve. If not, if might be worth getting checked to be sure all is well.

For me, hour 36 was when it felt like someone turned off the AZ tap and I felt fine since. It actually added to the weirdness of the experience with how fast all symptoms disappeared. Just a very slight sore arm remains.

For the headache, did you contact your family doctor? "worst headache of your life" was one of the bloodclot symptoms to watch for. Glad to hear you are feeling better now.

It was all I could think about!
I thought if it didn't go away that I would go to the doctor but thank goodness everything has abated, probably about 25% of what it was yesterday.
If it comes back I will go for sure!

I got the Pfizer vaccine April 22 (teacher, 50 yrs old-- hate seeing that # especially since I never really got to celebrate making it to the half century milestone:D lol) . I was tired a couple of hours after the vaccine (had to take a nap) and I did have two days of the runs, but other than that and a really sore arm for 3 days I have been fine.

Last edited:
Got my Pfizer jab today. Only a sore upper arm (up to the top part of the left shoulder) so far. My school is going to be a pop up clinic from May 4-6 next week. School staff including staff family members living in the same household can make appointments for May 6 while anyone 18+ living in the neighbourhood can drop in for their Pfizer jabs on May 4-5 . I will sign up my hubby and daughter for May 6. What a relief!

NS has opened AZ to the 40+ cohort now. Pfizer and Moderna opened today for 50-54 cohort. I am going to wait for one of the latter at this point. I'm only two age groups away, so likely mid May for me.

Edit to add: I don't want to promote waiting for a certain vaccine, that's not it at all, but after the weekend I just had fighting the flu, I really don't want to go through that again so soon! lol

Last edited:
I've heard a rumour (and I stress it's just a rumour) that pregnant women in B.C. are getting bumped up the list and will be able to receive Pfizer or Moderna very soon.

As soon as they announced 40+ in Ontario for AZ I was booking my appointment. On Monday April 19th I booked and had my first shot on the 22nd. I received the AZ but had horrible side effects, including a temperature of 39.9. I was regretting at that point but now I’m glad I got it. My husband didn’t want the AZ so he waited until we were at 40+ for Pfizer, we live in a hot spot in Hamilton, and he booked it and had it yesterday. He works in Peel and can’t work from home so I’m glad he was finally able to get it. He also has his 2nd shot already booked unlike me who was advised by Costco that it would be the week of Aug 9th but would receive an email with the date at a later time.

I understand how you feel. I received the AZ shot Apr 22nd at 12:20pm on the Thursday, that night I woke up around 1-1:30am with the chills so bad that when I went to the bathroom it woke my husband up who fell asleep on the couch in the living room and they aren’t that close together. I woke up Friday morning feeling tired with a slight fever but by 11am it was up to 39 and by 12 it was up to 39.9. It stated that high all day until around midnight when it started to go down but on Saturday it went back up to 38.7. On Sunday I still felt like I was hit by a truck but the fever was gone. I have never in my life had a fever that high before. My husband kept wanting to take me to the hospital when it was 39.9 but I wouldn’t let him. He said that temp was with taking Advil could I imagine what it would’ve been without the Advil. I didn’t want to take up time or space at the hospital needlessly plus I just couldn’t move. I’m hoping the 2nd shot doesn’t have the same effects.

Last edited:
I’m hoping the 2nd shot doesn’t have the same effects.

I too am kind of concerned about my second shot, I am going to talk to my doctor about it.

My husband got the AZ shot on Monday. We spaced them out just in case we both reacted. He had ZERO symptoms! He was perfectly fine. He said he was a little tired but no more than usual so you honestly never know how you personally are going to react!

I've read a lot of things about reactions. Nobody really knows but here are some hypothesis.

1. Strong reaction means you have previously had covid.

2. Strong reaction means you would have reacted severely if you actually contracted covid.

3. Strong reaction means your body is creating a strong antibody response.

4. Reactions are totally random with no rhyme or reason and do not reflect any specific antibody response.

My husband and I had no effects but we have a friend who had a fever of 41 with it!!!

From everyone I know who have had both shots of Pfizer and Moderna , the second shot made them sick , and the first is apparently worse with Astra Zeneca . This was from a group of nurses in the US. So you don’t necessarily escape feeling crappy no matter what you get .

From everyone I know who have had both shots of Pfizer and Moderna , the second shot made them sick , and the first is apparently worse with Astra Zeneca . This was from a group of nurses in the US. So you don’t necessarily escape feeling crappy no matter what you get .

I’ve heard that as well, 2nd dose with Pfizer is when people are getting the side effects but it’s the 1st with AZ. I get why AZ would have the effects since they are putting a dead virus in you, they just suck if you get them bad.

Having some reactions after the shot is not a bad thing. I hope it doesn't stop anyone from getting vaccination.

I've read a lot of things about reactions. Nobody really knows but here are some hypothesis.

1. Strong reaction means you have previously had covid.

2. Strong reaction means you would have reacted severely if you actually contracted covid.

3. Strong reaction means your body is creating a strong antibody response.

4. Reactions are totally random with no rhyme or reason and do not reflect any specific antibody response.

My husband and I had no effects but we have a friend who had a fever of 41 with it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter