Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
I registered everywhere I could this morning for the AZ vaccine (since ON opened it up as of tomorrow for my age group). On wait lists with Rexall, Costco - had no luck with Shoppers though - just couldn't get through the online system. I finally ended up getting an appointment for Saturday and a small pharmacy 30 minutes away. It was a friend who recommended calling the small pharmacies as her friends had luck with that strategy. Hope this helps someone else.

It still shouldn't detract from anyone getting the vaccine. By getting your vaccine you are also protecting essential workers because you aren't getting in their faces while being sick or ny not getting a friend sick and passing it on. Getting vaccinated is part of doing your part and giving people a hard time for getting vaccinated when it's their turn is the opposite of what should be done right now.

Not sure why you think I'm giving someone a hard time for getting vaccinated...I feel quite the opposite.

I was posting my concerned and the fact that essential workers in my area have not had the chance to get their vaccine as early as it appears in yours, should show you why I'm concerned.

If the moderators feel that my previous postings are inappropriate, please remove them. Thank you.

I registered everywhere I could this morning for the AZ vaccine (since ON opened it up as of tomorrow for my age group). On wait lists with Rexall, Costco - had no luck with Shoppers though - just couldn't get through the online system. I finally ended up getting an appointment for Saturday and a small pharmacy 30 minutes away. It was a friend who recommended calling the small pharmacies as her friends had luck with that strategy. Hope this helps someone else.

I'm on all the lists :) including the shoppers/loblaws. My BIL apparently signed up yesterday and got his shot today (he's over 55 though). I have tried calling a few places but get no where... I'll try and be patient lol, but so far that's not my strong suit :D

Not sure why you think I'm giving someone a hard time for getting vaccinated...I feel quite the opposite.

I was posting my concerned and the fact that essential workers in my area have not had the chance to get their vaccine as early as it appears in yours, should show you why I'm concerned.

If the moderators feel that my previous postings are inappropriate, please remove them. Thank you.
You specifically stated that you were holding off because yoy feel getting the vaccine takes away from others who need it. We ALL need it.

wish they would make that very clear so that people who aren't at high risk (like myself and anyone who can work from home) don't inadvertently take a vaccine from someone who needs it now.
And this is giving people a hard time. But you didn't give me one specifically.

And this is giving people a hard time. But you didn't give me one specifically.

I'm unclear as to what you find offensive about that statement. Perhaps that's the issue. I didn't say that you or anyone shouldn't get the vaccine. I wanted the the province to be clear about who can get it. I don't want to be in a situation when I do get it and the province realizes that they should have been more specific in saying that they want essential workers to be prioritized...because there has been situations where they go back on what they said originally.

Still not sure why you believed I was giving anyone a hard time. My concern is that they are not clear. It's clear we are in different stages of vaccine rollouts...As I mentioned, the essential workers here have JUST been given the opportunity to book. It sounds like in your area, they have been given more than enough chance to book and likely most have. There was no implication that you or anyone else should not be getting it.

It seems like you were more upset with my belief in giving essential workers priority, rather than giving anyone a hard time. Clearly, I didn't imply that people shouldn't be getting their vaccine.

I don't want to continue this back and forth. It may close the thread and I don't want that. I will not post on this again.

I'm unclear as to what you find offensive about that statement. Perhaps that's the issue. I didn't say that you or anyone shouldn't get the vaccine. I wanted the the province to be clear about who can get it. I don't want to be in a situation when I do get it and the province realizes that they should have been more specific in saying that they want essential workers to be prioritized...because there has been situations where they go back on what they said originally.

Still not sure why you believed I was giving anyone a hard time. My concern is that they are not clear. It's clear we are in different stages of vaccine rollouts...As I mentioned, the essential workers here have JUST been given the opportunity to book. It sounds like in your area, they have been given more than enough chance to book and likely most have. There was no implication that you or anyone else should not be getting it.

It seems like you were more upset with my belief in giving essential workers priority, rather than giving anyone a hard time. Clearly, I didn't imply that people shouldn't be getting their vaccine.
Ok. I'm not arguing with you any further. You obviously implied that people who aren't essential and work from home shouldn't get the vaccine. You are back peddling now. The government is very clear on who is able to be vaccinated and when. I'm just going to ignore you from here on out.

Happy to finally be able to change my vote from "Still Waiting" to "Got AstraZeneca". First dose received this afternoon at 4:00 pm and three hours later, I can't even see or feel the injection site. Will keep you posted on any side effects that develop but at the moment, I'm extremely optimistic. :teeth:

Alberta today expanded age-eligibility at the mass-vaccination centres to any Albertan 40 and over. That instantly makes 2.3 million Albertans eligible and I pray the line ups go around the block. Today less than 300 people accepted AZ vaccinations province wide. :sad2:

Happy to finally be able to change my vote from "Still Waiting" to "Got AstraZeneca". First dose received this afternoon at 4:00 pm and three hours later, I can't even see or feel the injection site. Will keep you posted on any side effects that develop but at the moment, I'm extremely optimistic. :teeth:

Alberta today expanded age-eligibility at the mass-vaccination centres to any Albertan 40 and over. That instantly makes 2.3 million Albertans eligible and I pray the line ups go around the block. Today less than 300 people accepted AZ vaccinations province wide. :sad2:
Yay ! Congratulations on getting your first shot ! Those stats are seriously disappointing. Hopefully it’s just because it was brand new today? One can hope .

Happy for all the folks getting their vaccinations out there.

I'm patiently waiting my turn out here in BC (46 and registered on all the lists I can find). :hourglass

I think they had really hit the saturation point with the AZ vaccine. Everyone who was going to get it had already gotten it. Lots of those 55 year olds figure that they can just wait for the Pfizer since age limits keep dropping.

I think they had really hit the saturation point with the AZ vaccine. Everyone who was going to get it had already gotten it. Lots of those 55 year olds figure that they can just wait for the Pfizer since age limits keep dropping.
Lots of people are soafraid to get it because the hype around the blood clots. Not enough people realize you have a higher chance of getting a blood clot if you catch covid and many women don't realize that the birth control they take daily has a higher chance of causing a blood clot then this vaccine. The media scared people and then the pauses onusing it emphasized to people that there was something to worry about.

Bad strategy. There's absolutely no guarantee the (now) 40-64 age group will ever be offered Pfizer or Moderna. There's nothing that requires the provinces and/or their health regions to do so while a perfectly viable alternative exists. And for my money, whatever we do have of the mRNA vaccine supplies should be prioritized as second doses for the many, many people that are currently waiting indefinitely.

As an ECE, it was getting pretty annoying having to wait. Working with non-masked kids all day, sometimes can get your anxiety up, but you try not to think about it too much. I'm in a postal hotspot, but the cut off was 50. I'm 47. So yay! I will be making my appointment tomorrow.

I am in Manitoba and they also lowered the eligibility age for AZ to 40. I am 46 and DH is 52, so we both registered, just waiting for calls. We are currently self-isolating because DS (11) was exposed at school on April 8, but his test came back negative so we can leave the house for the shot as early as Friday.
*Edited to add I am 45, not 46. Not sure why I keep saying that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter