Points just loaded - w 138 surprise pts about to expire

smileyanna

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I purchased a 55 pt October Copper Creek contract and the points just loaded. Here is what it says in my dashboard
October 2022 - 138 (UNEXPECTED)
October 2023 - 4 (as expected)
October 2024 - 55
October 2025 - 55

Nothing is in holding.

Is this a common glitch when points load? Anything I can do with these 138 points? They would need to be used by the end of this month, right? Thanks in advance.

They would need to be used by the end of the month but maybe if you can snag a room here or there, you could try to offer confirmed reservations via a broker.

It’s amazing how little availability there is right now. Aulani has 4 nights available September 25-29 and all other resorts are booked or have 1-2 days available.

Ok Thanks for these responses.

As for searching for availability - is there a trick to searching? I'm looking at various date combinations, rather than seeing overall availability over the next ten days. It feels clumsy

Edited: I see I can search for the full ten days left in September and see what there is. Learning curve will be fast tonight.

Updating to add: I called member services to ask about the unexpected points. The person I spoke to moved the 55 points that had been borrowed from 2023 back to the October 23 use year. I did not ask for the exception but also didn’t turn it down :)

I hope I didn’t just use my one get out of jail free card, for future oopsies! But also happy to have some unexpected points to play with next year. I’m down to 83 points that are imminently about to expire.

Gotta be someone local to orlando that could use them or know someone who can.. Providing you can get a rez of course.

Worse comes to worst and you can't rent them start making random phone calls to the Orlando area and give someone a story to tell about goodwill towards men and all that jazz!

Worse comes to worst and you can't rent them start making random phone calls to the Orlando area and give someone a story to tell about goodwill towards men and all that jazz!
I booked one night in a GV savannah view (nothing else is available) and asked Give Kids the World if they can use it.

Thanks for all the quick help and ideas tonight! An interesting way to complete the purchasing phase of DVC and make my first reservation.

I booked one night in a GV savannah view (nothing else is available) and asked Give Kids the World if they can use it.

Thanks for all the quick help and ideas tonight! An interesting way to complete the purchasing phase of DVC and make my first reservation.

Oh how sweet, let us know how it works out :)

That's awesome, good for you!

If you book anything--AKV/SSR/OWK--and then list it as an inexpensive confirmed reservation, you should sell it. I mostly book studios myself. But I can tell you that when a confirmed reservation studio comes up at $200 or even slightly less, they go very quickly , even if they are for later that week. I would go low on the price, as you have just over a week to sell these reservations. And it's better to get something rather than see points expire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter