Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

I got a new suitcase at Marshalls (or was it Ross) a few months ago. I think I got a good price as compared to what I saw at the other major stores.

Speaking of luggage, what kind of luggage/storage space is in a standard stateroom? We're in a superior ocean view with balcony - I think that's the description.

Paid off the cruise this week
I need to get on that. Tracey just sent me the final bill after we dropped DD from the reservation (she'll still be in school) so I have the final total. We're in NYC at the moment but when we get home, I'll sit down and work on settling everything up.

Whats the earliest to schedule a flight home from MCO. I don't want to rush off the ship
or worry about traffic.

Last edited:
Whats the earliest to schedule a flight home from MCO. I don't want to rush off the ship
or worry about traffic.
Noon should be good. You might not want to rush off the ship, but the ship definitely wants you off early so they can clean up and be ready for the next sailing.

Looking for new luggage for the trip. any suggestions for luggage for a single person (we'll each have
our own bag) and I'll prob. just check the bags with the airlines. TIA.
I got new luggage this year...I went to Marshalls....can't remember the brand, but it is similar to Samsonite...very reasonable price too

Paid off the cruise this week
I plan to pay ours off next week. So excited, that means it's getting closer. Need to get with the family this week to decide what we want to do while on the ship.

Just wondering, is there anyone else who is driving in on Saturday and spending the night in a hotel near the port? We're staying at the Country Inn and Suites. I called the hotel the other day to change our room and I asked if there was a good Steak House near by...I was told no...then I went online to see what was around the area and I think I have found a nice Italian Restaurant to go to. Who knows, after traveling 13+ hours, we might not feel like going out and maybe just order fast food and eat in the room. Either way, I plan to get a good nights rest so I'm ready to explore the Oasis when we board. Very excited to see friends that I haven't seen since 2010 on PCC 2.0 and to meet new ones!!!

We are driving down on Friday, also 13 hours, and staying at a value resort so we can visit parks on Saturday. We have annual passes

We haven't figured out our travel plans yet. I'm waiting until DD is back at college in 2 weeks and then DW and I will sit down and work it all out.

Things are coming together quite nicely for me. I plan to fly down to MCO on Saturday evening and stay at an airport hotel that has a free airport shuttle. Take the shuttle back to the airport on Sunday and take RCCL transfers from the airport. After the cruise I am staying the night at a value resort and plan on going to MVMCP and then going home on Monday. Everything is booked just waiting to pay off my cruise.

Hey All! If you have emailed me or submitted payment for your reservation in the last 2-3 days--I am not ignoring you!! RCL is performing maintenance on the group and I don't currently have access. I was hoping today, but looks like tomorrow! I also want to remind everyone that these can't be accessed on the Dreams site using our regular client login area. Changes, payments, and just about anything to do with the group is taking longer than is typical...your patience is appreciated!!

I have a question about Dining. I looked through the past 40 pages, but didn't see this asked yet.
Being new to RCL, I am confused about My Time Dining.

I chose My Time. I have friends with fixed dining times (different times).

Can I choose to eat in the Main Dining Room on different nights with people who have Fixed Times- like 6pm on a couple of nights and 8:30pm on other nights? Or are we separate classes of people on RCL? It looks like only one dining room is for My Time and the other 2 are for fixed. Can we not cross the line? How does this work?

Last edited:
I have a question about Dining. I looked through the past 40 pages, but didn't see this asked yet.

Can I choose to eat in the Main Dining Room on different nights with people who have Fixed Times- like 6pm on a couple of nights and 8:30pm on other nights? Or are we separate classes of people on RCL? It looks like only one dining room is for My Time and the other 2 are for fixed. Can we not cross the line? How does this work?
I don't know the answer but we'd love to have dinner with you guys one night.

I've never been in the predicament before, but I do know that the staff on the ship are top notch and try to go above and beyond for you. If they are able to, they will make it happen. The other restriction I can be is that they have those with My Time do pre-paid gratuities vs standard dining. They may cause an issue in the computer system. However, the staff on the ships do try to work with the best that they can and they will try their best.

With that being said, there are always other dining options as well. If you were planning on trying out any of of the premium dining, you could easily booked that together. The buffet is always a great place too.

As for the separate classes, the same food is being served in all of the main dining rooms. It is actually a single, multi-decked room, with multiple entrances. They have all of the My Time patrons eat on the one level for traffic flow. There is usually a line for My Time. You first give them your name and they place you on a list. If you have a reservation, you are placed at the top of the list. (Just like a normal restaurant). Having the My Time patrons and standard dining patrons enter through the same area, it could cause confusion and crows back ups. It is a very large ship, serving a large amount of people, but they do an incredible job managing it all!

I've never been in the predicament before, but I do know that the staff on the ship are top notch and try to go above and beyond for you. If they are able to, they will make it happen. The other restriction I can be is that they have those with My Time do pre-paid gratuities vs standard dining. They may cause an issue in the computer system. However, the staff on the ships do try to work with the best that they can and they will try their best.

With that being said, there are always other dining options as well. If you were planning on trying out any of of the premium dining, you could easily booked that together. The buffet is always a great place too.

As for the separate classes, the same food is being served in all of the main dining rooms. It is actually a single, multi-decked room, with multiple entrances. They have all of the My Time patrons eat on the one level for traffic flow. There is usually a line for My Time. You first give them your name and they place you on a list. If you have a reservation, you are placed at the top of the list. (Just like a normal restaurant). Having the My Time patrons and standard dining patrons enter through the same area, it could cause confusion and crows back ups. It is a very large ship, serving a large amount of people, but they do an incredible job managing it all!

Thanks much! Looks like we may have to wing times with others then. I am so used to Disney- and this is just new to me.

Also- update to the roster... Cabin 8640
I am still on this cruise, however, my DH John, is not able to join us this time.
My new roomie is Phyllis DeMaio (pal_mickey)! Her first Podcast cruise. And we are both new to RCL.

WhooHoo......just paid off the cruise. :yay: Now, it's beginning to feel real. I also reserved some of the entertainment....that took awhile. I called RCI to ask about the formal nights (we aren't going to do that) and I wanted to know so we could make plans to eat somewhere else....In case anyone wants to know the formal nights are the 2nd and 6th nights of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter