Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

Is is possible to be too dressy?
Yes. But go with what you like. Most folks will be wearing something nice, but you'll also see a whole bunch who subscribe to the shorts all the time theory of cruising.

Thanks, Jeff. I'll probably be overdressed... but I love dressing up, and feel like I generally don't get too many chances to do so in everyday life :)

Thanks, Jeff. I'll probably be overdressed... but I love dressing up, and feel like I generally don't get too many chances to do so in everyday life :)
I've noticed that Caribbean cruises tend to be less dressy than other cruises. We Will be on a Greek Isles cruise in just a few days and I'm guessing that we will see some pretty interesting outfits.

Anyway, you'll also see some very dressed up women on the formal nights. As you've no doubt noticed, women in general seem to like to get dressed up. Yes, I know that's a blanket statement. That's why I said "in general". Val & I often go out to eat at Bull & Bear (at the Waldorf in Bonnet Creek) which tends to attract a more up-scale audience. Even there I see couples that have a vastly different idea of what is considered dressed up. Usually the woman is in a nice dress with heels and bling, while the guy is often there in his clean shirt. ;)

If what you wore on a DCL 7 night formal cruise OK on RCCL? I don't bother with a suit/sports coat, just dress pants and shirt. Heck I'm retired and don't even own one anymore.

Noticed this morning that dining reservations are now available to book for the cruise.

Noticed this morning that dining reservations are now available to book for the cruise.
Thanks for the alert! The ship has a bunch of specialty restaurants that you can book for a modest up charge. We've enjoyed almost all of them on a previous Oasis cruise.

For those wine lovers out there, there is a wine bar on board called Vintages. In addition to a very wide selection of wines, they also offer small plates (tapas) which could easily make an evening meal. Val & I did a wine flight along with some of the small plates one late afternoon and never made it to dinner that night.

The ship has a bunch of specialty restaurants that you can book for a modest up charge.
I'm very conflicted about this cruise. We have been on several cruises and always stuck to the included dining options. We see no reason to spend all of the money to go on the cruise only to have to turn around and spend even more to eat at certain places. A big part of the appeal of cruising to us is the all-inclusive nature of it.

On our last cruise (Norwegian Dawn), our anniversary was during that cruise so I booked dinner at their up-charge French restaurant. It was fine. The place was pretty. The food was good. But neither of us felt it was any better than the main dining room and definitely not worth the extra charge.

We might do something that is pay as you go for a special snack or drink but I suspect we'll stick to the included dining options for our meals.

We have been on several cruises and always stuck to the included dining options. We see no reason to spend all of the money to go on the cruise only to have to turn around and spend even more to eat at certain places. A big part of the appeal of cruising to us is the all-inclusive nature of it.
Understandable. We've also eaten in the ship's MDR and you'll be perfectly happy with them. You might think of the specialty restaurants as a choice for when you want a special night out rather than an every night thing.

Thanks for the alert! The ship has a bunch of specialty restaurants that you can book for a modest up charge. We've enjoyed almost all of them on a previous Oasis cruise.
Just be aware that RCCL wants payment for any specialty restaurants at the time of booking.

We are also notorious non-planners. I have no clue where or when we're going to want to eat dinner on a certain night in December, especially considering that we won't know anything about the podcast special activities for a couple more months most likely.

We'll stick with early seating in the MDR or hitting one of the other free options (buffet, etc.) if that doesn't work for some reason.

Do you mean you requested that when you booked the cruise? Or is there something else to do for that?
Don't know how you booked but we selected My Time Dining so I had to go select a time for each night we wanted the main dining room. It also looks like their system builds in two hours for the meal so if you have a show reservation for 8PM and select 6:30 for dining your get a conflict message pop up. You can say to go ahead and book the meal if you want though.

Don't know how you booked but we selected My Time Dining so I had to go select a time for each night we wanted the main dining room
We booked with 6:00 fixed time dining. So do we not need to do anything else?

You are fine with fixed. We have My Time Dining, so I had to put in a time for each date.
Thanks. That's how I thought it worked.
Our last cruise on Norwegian, they had their "freestyle" dining and we really disliked it. We much prefer having a set time for meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter