Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

Noticed this morning that dining reservations are now available to book for the cruise.

Thanks

Booked Chops, Giovanni's and Sabor.
Also made MDR reservations for other nights for the My Time Dining.
Might not use the MDR ressies , but at least they're in place just in case.

113 Days

Hi all - My circumstances have changed and I'm now looking for a roommate for PCC 6.0. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I will be traveling with friends, so you won't have to worry about spending time with me, aside from our time in the cabin together. I have an oceanview booked. Non-smoking female only. While I generally don't care if people smoke, I have asthma and can't share a small space with someone who smokes, even if they won't be smoking in the cabin itself.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks!

In case anyone doesn't know, drink and internet packages are currently on sale. This is my first cruise, so I don't know if this is just one of those things that's always "on sale", but... just figured I'd let y'all know.

This is my first cruise
Like your first cruise ever? Awesome!

We love cruising. This will be our 5th. We did 2 on Carnival Paradise when it used to be 100% smoke-free which was amazing. We did 1 on Carnival Glory and 1 on Norwegian Dawn. We loved the Carnival cruises. We didn't care for Norwegian. We're looking forward to checking out Royal Caribbean.

I know people have asked already, but about formal nights... Ladies, what do you wear/have you worn in the past? I have one dress I'm sure about, and one I'm not. Is is possible to be too dressy?
During the day, it's swimsuit and shorts time, but meals are the only time dress is a bit less sportswear. I think you can go any direction you feel comfortable. I read a RC Facebook post about the different catagories;
Suggested guidelines for these nights are:
con_bulletgray_ico.gif
Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women
con_bulletgray_ico.gif
Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women
con_bulletgray_ico.gif
Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women
Don't sweat the small stuff.

I have to talk to DW and decide what we're doing for formal night. I have a tux and have worn it on previous cruises so I'll probably do the same for this one. There's really no difference between packing that and packing a suit. They both take up the same amount of space and I hardly ever get to wear my tux.

MY how time flies...working on my daughters Sept Wedding (not at Disney$$$); so I haven't been following this thread and have some questions: are there any DIS pre and post stay hotels, activities etc... any info on plans, parties, etc while on the ship and any DIS stuff planned at our island stops. TIA. I guess I should start moving on flights, diet and packing

MY how time flies...working on my daughters Sept Wedding (not at Disney$$$); so I haven't been following this thread and have some questions: are there any DIS pre and post stay hotels, activities etc... any info on plans, parties, etc while on the ship and any DIS stuff planned at our island stops. TIA. I guess I should start moving on flights, diet and packing
Congrats on the upcoming wedding.
Nothing has been announced yet about DIS activities.
I imagine Tracey can help with pre and post stays.

I hear you on the flights and diet thing.

This is another roommate post. If you have a friend/sister/aunt/mom/cousin who, after hearing all the wonderful things you've been telling her about podcast cruises, now wants to come, she doesn't have to get her own room. If she's a non-smoker, she can share mine for a 50/50 split of the cost. I'll be hanging out with my friends, so she won't have to worry about spending time with me, except when we're in the room. It's an oceanview, by the way.

I made my dining reservations. I am using the My Time Dining option. My reservation says "main dining room", does that mean the American Icon dining room? I'm just a little confused. Thanks!

I made my dining reservations. I am using the My Time Dining option. My reservation says "main dining room", does that mean the American Icon dining room? I'm just a little confused. Thanks!

It's been a couple of years, but if I remember correctly, the main dinning room is either 2 or 3 decks tall. All of the My Time Dining guests enter through the same location.

Just for the others who think they may need to go into planning mode like they do for a Disney vacation, reservations are not hard to make for the main dining hall. You may want to make reservations at the specialty dining locations, but for the most part you are okay. When my wife and I was on the Allure (same size as the Oasis) we made our dining reservations the day of, every day. This allowed us to look at the day's schedule and decide when we wanted to eat. As long as you make your decisions in the morning, you should be okay.

For those who do not want to plan, don't fret either. You will still be able to eat in the main dining hall. You just might have to wait a little bit longer to be seated, but I never saw more of a 20-30 min wait (just like busy time at any other restaurant).

Now of course if a lot of us Disney uber planners are there, it could make the system get all messed up, LOL.

For those who do not want to plan, don't fret either.
Thank you for posting this. While I understand that things "can" be booked in advance, they don't "need" to be booked in advance.

If there is one universal truth, it is that you are never going to go hungry on a cruise ship.

Looking for new luggage for the trip. any suggestions for luggage for a single person (we'll each have
our own bag) and I'll prob. just check the bags with the airlines. TIA.

Looking for new luggage for the trip. any suggestions
We got new luggage recently. It's the Samsonite Sphere (I think it's the Silhouette line). We got ours at Macy's when they were having a good sale. I also bought discounted gift cards at Giftcardgranny.com to save even more. We've traveled with them a few times already and are very happy with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter