• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast 2.0 Thread 6

Looking forward to this cruise. But boy a lot to do beforehand - have to do all the arrangements for Christmas before we leave since we are driving down and probably won't be home til the 23rd.

DS seems to be excited about Christmas - keeps asking what I got him for Christmas. He's 24. :rotfl:

Frankly he's giving me the best present because he's going to be home from his deployment (fingers crossed the army doesn't screw this up!) :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I so totally understand!!!

We are leaving Canada on November 24th to spend Thanksgiving with my cousins in New Jersey and then heading to WDW to check in on the 30th. We are doing B2B cruises Dec 9 and Dec 12. Then back to WDW.

Christmas cards almost finished and bought the stamps today.
Christmas gifts almost finished wrapping. They will have to be mailed/delivered before we leave as we won't be getting home until around the 23rd as well.

It's been a chore trying to keep up with both threads, FE exchanges etc.

Next week I guess I should think about starting to pack as well.

So much to do and so little time.....

As a break from grading [hope to have final grades done by Dec 1], clearing out the dining room so suitcases can go there. Clothes and costume are mostly 'packed', and in process of getting sundries together.

Wow a shiney new thread...I wish I could say that I was ready for the holidays and the cruise, but I can't. DD is in process of moving out, so the house is a complete MESS, and she's so busy that I can't get with her and DGD to design the FE...guess I will have to do it myself...still need to get the suitcases down and start packing.....not to mention that we need to start putting up the Christmas decorations and she's going out of town next weekend...ugg...guess I could get the cards done, since I already bought them on sale after last year....I'm still tired after the surgery last week, and I go back to work on Monday. Well, what doesn't get done...doesn't get done...and it will be ok.

I'm repacking. Will unpack and repack again tomorrow probably, too. I shall post a pic of my packing and you may understand why I need to repack so much. (Must attempt to thin the herd. Only the essentials.)

Oh, great! I can't wait to see evidence of your packing technique.

I am really trying to "pack light". It is so tempting to bring to whole closet so I can chose each morning from a wide variety. I know that is just wrong!

One of my biggest decisions - for "dressy" on the cruise, I will wear a dressy top with a black skirt. Should I bring the long or the short skirt? The long one takes up twice of much space in the luggage.

I'm taking dress black pants, and various tops

Hi everyone! I saw a new thread was up and thought I should start posting over here. I have been so busy that I've been neglecting the boards the last few months.
I packed almost everything last weekend. I'm sure in the next couple of weeks I'll unpack everything and repack again.
I can't believe that this trip is almost here! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Well, the 2 new swim suits arrived yesterday and I started my personal carry-on bag. The cruise documents are in there already. 4 weeks from tomorrow, Fun on a Boat Part 2 begins.
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Kim

Hi everyone! I saw a new thread was up and thought I should start posting over here. I have been so busy that I've been neglecting the boards the last few months.
I packed almost everything last weekend. I'm sure in the next couple of weeks I'll unpack everything and repack again.

:wave:

As a break from grading [hope to have final grades done by Dec 1], clearing out the dining room so suitcases can go there. Clothes and costume are mostly 'packed', and in process of getting sundries together.

For the two classes I TA, the teacher normally likes to wait and post grades until after the students are gone and just before the deadline so the students are less likely to riot. Don't guess that is going to happen since I leave the day Finals end and he is incapable of figuring out how to post grades!

The extent of my packing so far has been putting together my trip Itenerary binder. Cruise documents, tickets, driving directions on the off chance I am not using my iPhone for GPS (and just to have estimated times), door magnets, hotel reservations, etc are all in that binder. I keep wanting to drag out the suitcases but I don't have the space or the willpower to keep doing schoolwork if I can pack!

For the two classes I TA, the teacher normally likes to wait and post grades until after the students are gone and just before the deadline so the students are less likely to riot. Don't guess that is going to happen since I leave the day Finals end and he is incapable of figuring out how to post grades!
I remember profs who didn't know how to post grades.:goodvibes One of the perks of teaching online classes is that I get to set dates [within guidelines]. In-person classes aren't done til the 9th.

Hello everyone.

It's a rainy night here tonight, so I think I'll pull out the Kindle to see if I can find something new to read.

I'll be home all week recovering from the gallbladder surgery I had yesterday, so that will give me time to start a packing list and begin to think about what we'll be taking and not taking. I don't plan to go especially dressy this time. I'll likely bring dress slacks and dressy shirts for dinners.

It will be here before we know it, won't it?:banana:

WOW a new thread!!

Three weeks from now, I will be getting ready to go to Kona Cafe for my first dinner on property.

Started washing things for the cruise today. The rest will get washed next weekend. My dressy dinner clothes will be black slacks or capris with a mixture of nice tops.

The T-shirts, I order through our wholesaler at work will be here Wednesday, so I can start making my t-shirts for the cruise.

I will start packing suitcases with clothes soon. I have already started packing FE Gifts.

I don't know about you, but I am ready for this cruise to start. I am tired of having dreams and nightmares about the cruise.

Last night's dream was about being on a gray ship and realizing that I missed the go away party and the life boat drill. I was walking around the gray ship and it dawned on me that I didn't hear the cruise horn and missed the two events.

Not sure what it means, but my husband thinks talking about Epic Mickey and the colorless part of the game may have bled into the dream. :lmao:

Just four more weeks.

I hope none of the dreams/nightmares come true. I haven't even mentioned the one where Mexican pirates take over the ship and all the blond haired people are taken away....not good. :confused3

P.S. Thank you John and the whole Podcast team. I can't wait for my first PCC and my first cruise. :banana: :banana::banana:

Hello! Nice to meet you!

I don't know about you, but I am ready for this cruise to start. I am tired of having dreams and nightmares about the cruise.

Last night's dream was about being on a gray ship and realizing that I missed the go away party and the life boat drill. I was walking around the gray ship and it dawned on me that I didn't hear the cruise horn and missed the two events.

Not sure what it means, but my husband thinks talking about Epic Mickey and the colorless part of the game may have bled into the dream. :lmao:

Just four more weeks.

I hope none of the dreams/nightmares come true. I haven't even mentioned the one where Mexican pirates take over the ship and all the blond haired people are taken away....not good. :confused3

P.S. Thank you John and the whole Podcast team. I can't wait for my first PCC and my first cruise. :banana: :banana::banana:

Whenever I remember dreams (I usually only remember them if I wake up and go back to sleep) they always contain some bizarre combination of what I have been talking or thinking about in the last few days.

One of my biggest decisions - for "dressy" on the cruise, I will wear a dressy top with a black skirt. Should I bring the long or the short skirt? The long one takes up twice of much space in the luggage.

Did anyone else picture Lyn in a sequin top and a micro-mini?

No?

Just me? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter