Plunging elevators, runaway trains, speeding cars...BRING IT ON!2011!

3princesses+aprince

DIS Veteran
Welcome to my pre trip report! We have not set dates yet, but we're looking at the first or second week of May or the last week in August! We went last in May 2009 and absolutely LOVED it. I loved Epcot's flower and garden show, everything was so pretty, the weather was hot, but bearable, and the crowds were not bad at all. We would go in August mainly for school purposes. Either way I can't wait to get back!

I think I'll introduce us through last trip's pictures! Just so we can start off right away with some Disney :wizard:

We'll start with ME! Because if it weren't for ME we wouldn't be taking these trips! I am the trip planner. I am the Disney obsessed. I drive my dh a little crazy sometimes. I just LOVE Disney World, what else can I say!

2009_0515AH.jpg

My dh, Manny! He was, not against a Disney trip before our first one, but he wasn't thrilled about it. I think he thought it was going to be really just for the little ones and he was going to be stuck in the middle of a week of singing and dancing to It's a small world. Well after our first trip in 09, he cannot wait to go back! He's not really a planner, he's more of a "talk to me about it when we're ready to leave" guy. BUT, I've told him over and over, you can't plan a successful Disney trip like that.
And here he is getting kisses from other women on MY TRIP!

2009_0513BK.jpg

Emily: She just turned 11 and is super excited that this year she will be considered an adult for the dining plan. She was 9 and 11 months for our last trip and she was ready for other things besides chicken nuggets, mac and cheese and burgers. Oh, she's really only concerned about the desserts, I was just informed. The "adults" desserts were way better. Emily had never rode on a roller coaster before this trip. We go to amusement parks every year and she was never interested...... So imagine my surprise when she HAD to ride Expedition everest. How about that for your very first roller coaster. I thought I was not going to be able to move the next morning. That ride is rough. She is now a ride junky! Her favorite characters are Chip and Dale. That new love was discovered on our last trip!

2009_0513FS.jpg

Lizzie: She just turned 9, and while we're on the subject, woo hoo, has one more year of "kids prices" if we go in May. Lizzie has such a wonderful personality. She is always happy and being silly. She enjoyed this trip so much and told me a few times throughout that, "mom, this is the best vacation ever" She LOVES Dumbo! Always has. We rode Dumbo all right, I dragged us all out of bed to get there before there was a massive line. I did good. Lizzie loves Stitch too, I'd have to say he's her favorite character. Lizzie also has a love of otters which started when she was only 3. My brother gave her a beanie one and she's loved them ever since. She still has beanie otter, who's name is "otter" He goes everywhere we go. Not so much day trips anymore as she's getting older, but she won't sleep anywhere without him. With that said we've had some scares and one was on this last trip. We came back to the room and couldn't find him anywhere. We thought maybe the cleaning lady scooped him up with the sheets. She was in tears. Luckily we found him wedged in the sheets after taking them all off.:headache: He will be coming on our next trip too.

2009_0515AD.jpg

Sam: She turned 6 in March and will be 7 for this trip. Sam LOVES Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen. She absolutely cannot wait to meet them. One day she asked me " When we see Naveen is he going to be a frog or a prince" I thought it was so sweet that she believes so much that she wasn't sure which form he'd be in. Sam is very girly and princess-like but she also has always loved cars and trucks. Lightening McQueen was her first favorite Disney characther, right along with Jack Sparrow. She had a Jack Sparrow bday party and everything. She still loves him.

2009_0513CA.jpg

Before I introduce my stepson, let me just tell you that the girls have inspired the title of my PTR. Emily cannot wait to get back on EE and Tot and Rock n Rollercoaster. Lizzie is now tall enough for EE, and Sam is now tall enough for Test Track, Soarin, Dinosaur and Tower of Terror. Besides just being in Disney and seeing the characters, the Thrill rides are what they're looking forward to the most. Oh boy am I in trouble. And it will be all on me as Manny doesn't do those rides. One year at an amusement park I made him take my stepson on a log flume. It had a pretty big hill and he was PETRIFIED! He didn't admit that but I have the picture to prove it.

Anthony: I saved him for last because...... because..... he may not be coming with us. He is turning 14 next week and he doesn't want to take a week out of school. Understandable, we'll go over a school break. :headache: Well, he'd rather not do that either. He just wants to hang out with his friends now. Which has broken our hearts. But I guess that's what happens. I just didn't expect it yet. Anthony is such a good boy and a nice big brother. He always has been. I have been with Manny since Anthony was about to celebrate his 2nd birthday. His favorite part of our trip, was, I wanna say, the food. :laughing: He also LOVED the boat that we rented in DTD. Manny and I never considered going in the summer for the heat and crowds, but if Anthony wants to go then, August it will be! Plus, if we go the last week, we'll have a good shot that free dining will be going on again.

2009_0513AY.jpg

So that is us! I have been with Manny, like I said, since before Anthony was 2. So..... 12 years. We didn't get married though. Well, we finally did, this July 4, 2010. In another update I will definitely post pictures from the wedding. We had an outside ceremony and it was great. The weather was awesome for us!

Hey Pam!!! Wow, I get first dibs huh?? LOL COOL!!! Looks good so far, I remember those pictures, and LOVED them!

Yay Christie, you're the first one! I know, it feels like I just wrote that last TR! I'm sure the next trip will come soon enough!

So I've been excited all day that I finally started this PTR up! Now when the kids go back to school on September 1st i'll have something to do all day. :lmao:

Right now i'm sitting in my back yard, the girls are in the pool and i'm here on the DIS. Nothing i'd rather be doing right now!

We actually have a vacation coming up this week. This sunday we are leaving to go camping. Well, everyone tells me i'm not camping.... :rotfl: We go to this campground/resort and rent an RV. There are scheduled activities all day and nightly entertainment such as bingo, bonfires, hypnotists and so much more. There are 3 pools and a "bouncing pillow", you'll see plenty of pictures of that as my girls LOVE it!

I have to work wednesday, thursday and friday this week then my vacation officially begins and I have 11 days off in a row!:banana:

This saturday we are having a little party for Anthony before we leave. His birthday is monday, august 9th. I cannot believe he's going to be 14 years old. This is a birthday trip for him.
He is super excited about this vacation. He loves the campground. He's made friends there over the years and can't wait to go back. We all LOVE it, and we're all very excited. I'm pretty sure this is what's keeping my Disney madness at ease, so when I get back i'll be counting down the days til Disney!!!

Sounds like a fun vacation you've got coming up. We love love love to go camping but we tent camp. We were just saying the other day that we need to get at least one weekend camping trip in before school starts which is August 18th.

Hey Pam! I'm here, following along. :goodvibes

It's so funny to see you referring to Manny as dh, I need to see thos wedding pics so I can get used to that! :lovestruc

It's too bad Anthony isn't going with you but its great that you have this camping tradition that he enjoys so you guys can still vacation together. That campground sounds really great with all the fun activities. RV camping is my kind of camping. We've done the tent thing and decided that pretending to be homeless is not our idea of a good time. :lmao:

Can't wait to read all about your camping trip, see wedding pics, and of course all your Disney planning! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a fun vacation you've got coming up. We love love love to go camping but we tent camp. We were just saying the other day that we need to get at least one weekend camping trip in before school starts which is August 18th.

I cannot wait. I started packing last night! I love to pack.. I'm the mad packer!
It is so much fun, and we've tent camped many times before too. I don't mind it and the kids are fine too of course, but manny's not much of a camper, the real way!

Hey Pam! I'm here, following along. :goodvibes

It's so funny to see you referring to Manny as dh, I need to see thos wedding pics so I can get used to that! :lovestruc

It's too bad Anthony isn't going with you but its great that you have this camping tradition that he enjoys so you guys can still vacation together. That campground sounds really great with all the fun activities. RV camping is my kind of camping. We've done the tent thing and decided that pretending to be homeless is not our idea of a good time. :lmao:

Can't wait to read all about your camping trip, see wedding pics, and of course all your Disney planning! :thumbsup2

I think tomorrow i'll get up all the wedding pictures. Right now i'm babysitting my best friend's daugthers (makdyn here on dis) and we're going to go out to the park soon.
The campground is really great, we have fun all week. :rotfl: Pretending to be homeless......:rotfl: That was funny.

Also, i've been thinking all day, especially since I started this PTR a few hours ago that i'm going to ask Anthony if we went in August if he would be more interested in coming. I'm thinking he's thinking that during April break, for that 1 week he'll want to hang out with his friends. But if it's during the summer, maybe he won't mind taking 1 week out to spend with his dear father and stepmother. :rolleyes1 I know he enjoyed our last trip, so I know he would enjoy this one too!
I'll let ya know how I make out. I really want him to come!

I'm here Pam :wave:. I'm glad to see you started your PTR, now we can follow along on all the fun :surfweb:

we are going back to disney in May 2011 also. we went this past May and can't wait to go again. THis time we rented points from a DVC owner and made out with an awesome deal for 7 nights at BWV. We love going in the beginning of May...Great weather and moderate crowds. Can't wait to get a Dole Whip and dine at Chef de France!

we are going back to disney in May 2011 also. we went this past May and can't wait to go again. THis time we rented points from a DVC owner and made out with an awesome deal for 7 nights at BWV. We love going in the beginning of May...Great weather and moderate crowds. Can't wait to get a Dole Whip and dine at Chef de France!

Wow sounds like a great deal! Ya know after all of the talk about Dole Whips on the Dis, I didn't try one last year. It is on my must do list for our next trip. I mean, they look so delicious!

I'm here Pam :wave:. I'm glad to see you started your PTR, now we can follow along on all the fun :surfweb:

Hi Dana!

Here is my family right after the ceremony.
DSC_0067.jpg

The ceremony
DSC_0024.jpg

The whole wedding party! The ring bearer is my nephew!
DSC_0072.jpg

My Mom and Brother
DSC_0127.jpg

The Electric Slide, lol
DSC_0263.jpg

My Cousin and Lizzie
2010_0704AA.jpg

My niece Katelyn, dancing away!
2010_0704AF.jpg

Here are some of the kids up there. The dj was awesome and had all of this dress up stuff and hats for the kids to wear while they were dancing.
2010_0704AK.jpg

Here is Katelyn again as Elvis, and it looks like Emily is a traffic cone
2010_0704AG.jpg

And here comes Santa Claus.... on no, that's just my niece Lexi
2010_0704AB.jpg

I have some more I still have to get up on photobucket, but I don't really have the patience to sit and do that right now. I should be cleaning and I have to get to the store. I'm going to buy some stuff for Anthony's party on saturday..... Do you think he'll want a mickey mouse clubhouse theme :rotfl: I'm kidding.......

The wedding pictures are great Pam! I love 'em all. It certainly looks like it was a beautiful day for a wedding.

I sure hope that you can talk Anthony into going to Disney with you guys. I know that he had a good time before. We've been to Disney twice the first week of August and, honestly, the crowds and heat were about the same as those in May.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the wedding pictures Pam!! Looks like a fun time!!!!

Thank you!

The wedding pictures are great Pam! I love 'em all. It certainly looks like it was a beautiful day for a wedding.

I sure hope that you can talk Anthony into going to Disney with you guys. I know that he had a good time before. We've been to Disney twice the first week of August and, honestly, the crowds and heat were about the same as those in May.

Thanks! I hope we can talk Anthony into going too. I know I would be bummed out, and I think as the trip gets closer Manny would be really sad that we are "leaving him behind" And even though Anthony made that choice, I know we would feel horrible.
And really you think the crowds and heat are not unbearable in August. I am very afraid as I hear horror stories about August. Your input helps me to feel a little better. I know we would have to take it easier and drink a lot of water and carry our misting fans wherever we go.

I'm joining in! Congrats on the wedding!

Thank you, and thanks for joining in!

So we still haven't made it out the door to do our bday party shopping. We went in the pool instead. Emily's in the shower now and we're heading out soon. But, while we were floating around in the pool I had a thought. I am going to talk to Anthony about our Disney trip next week while we're on vacation. I was going to ask him now, but I think while we're there and together and having a nice time, another family vacation will sound nice and he'll wanna go! I have not asked him about going over the summer because I didn't think we would wanna go tolerate that kind of heat. But I think we'd rather do that than not have Anthony go. I know he doesn't want to take a week out of school (understandable) and then when I mentioned April break, I know he was thinking that him and all of his friends will have plans (They'll only have 1 week to hang out) The summer is different. He'll have everyday for 3 months to hang out with his friends, so a 1 week trip with his family may sound less torturous. :headache: Oh Lord, teenagers! I am also going to lure him in with the water park and more option. We didn't have that last time and he did say he wanted to go to a water park. And Disney Quest.... how could he resist, right?

We shall find out next week. We'll be back sunday night, august 15th, so i'll let you know how I made out.

August 15th is also the rumored date for the 2011 packages to be out :yay: So i've heard floating around these boards.

So, i'd hate to say I have another year to wait to go back to Disney, instead of 9 months, but i'd rather say that and have him come with us! Lizzie will also be 10 by then, her bday is in June :scared1: 5" adults" and 1 child: :sick:

Hi! Yeah, I had to get this thing started! I think about Disney A LOT and Manny can only take, like, one conversation a day, if i'm lucky! I NEED YOU GUYS!!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter