Please fix splash mountain

What's the current state of Splash lately?....compared to a couple years ago where pretty much nothing worked and it looked embarrassingly deplorable. Hopefully its looking and working great!

Not to disagree with minniemum up there, as I do think it looked a lot better since it's last refurb, but there are still some animatronics we noticed not working during the last week of February. Little things, like water spurts and some animal homes where, as a kid, I remember hearing or seeing them, but whatever is missing is minor and definitely doesn't distract unless you're looking for it. The majority of the show problems were addressed and I was ecstatic to see the riverboat rocking back-and-forth at the end again.

True story here....I have been to WDW 7 times now in the past 11 years. And until the very last trip (September 2014) I had never been on Splash Mountain. We decided on our last trip (8 of us) that we should give it a try before we left the park mid day for lunch. We ended up riding it 3 straight times. I fell in love with the ride. And until about 6 minutes ago, I didn't even realized that it was based on a movie. Haha. At this point, I hope they never change the ride.

This ride is one of my favorites also............the theming is iconic regardless what some have said here. It's based on Disney's first live action/animated movie. The movie itself is not depicted just the animated stories told in the movie. Those who know Disney well know the story.............Splash tells a part of that story............you don't need to see the movie (as stated above) to enjoy the story of Br'er rabbit!

Doug :goofy:

Exactly! This is one of the best themed rides in the park. I think it's great for kids. I love Brer Rabbit!

Sorry this is a little off-topic, but I haven't read anything about the new Little Mermaid ride closures?? When is that supposed to happen?
its already reopened - a couple of weeks ago. mainly lighting fixes and a few additional static characters. Looks really lovely in the videos that are online.

I believe the Little Mermaid ride also added some 'real' hair to a couple of the Ariel heads, as the plastic helmet hair was considered cheesy. More characters were added to the Under the Sea room, and a lot of the lighting was redone to hide ductwork and wiring that was visible up at the ceiling level. That's a pretty significant overhaul.

Last time I was on Splash, last summer, everything worked just fine and we only got stopped at the ramp up to the last drop.

its already reopened - a couple of weeks ago. mainly lighting fixes and a few additional static characters. Looks really lovely in the videos that are online.

I believe the Little Mermaid ride also added some 'real' hair to a couple of the Ariel heads, as the plastic helmet hair was considered cheesy. More characters were added to the Under the Sea room, and a lot of the lighting was redone to hide ductwork and wiring that was visible up at the ceiling level. That's a pretty significant overhaul.

Last time I was on Splash, last summer, everything worked just fine and we only got stopped at the ramp up to the last drop.

Awesome! Thanks

Splash Mountain is my very favorite ride, the epitome of Disney nostalgia for me. I understand the parks need to constantly grow and adapt, but that feeling that you get on rides like Splash...that's Disney Magic! I can't imagine they would change it. And it would break my heart beyond measure if they did.

I ordered the DVD The Adventures of Brer Rabbit a few years back and it's cute. I ways wondered what the story was behind Splash and although it is Song of the South, it does offer a story in DVD format you can share with kids.

My boys are 10 and 13, but when they were little they loved this movie. They always loved Splash Mountain so we purchased the DVD "The Adventures of Brer Rabbit" for them to watch. It is an animated movie that is 1 hour and 12 minutes. The characters were voiced by Wanda Sykes, DL Hughley, Danny Glover, Nick Cannon, and Wayne Brady. Definitely a good movie for kids who like the ride or something to watch before you bring the kids for the first time. It was one of my kids' favorites. We still have the DVD because they didn't want to give it away when they got older!

Splash has always been my favorite ride... Can't replace it, for me. HOWEVER, for me to sit here and say nothing is wrong with it... would be wrong. lol It's old, I get it. Things break. Things need to be replaced. But I also understand it's probably not a priority ride, compared to other attractions. I hope they fix it, but in the end, sometimes pointing out the cheesy and broken things with friends/family can be a fun thing, as well. And as long as I don't go flying off the log during the big drop, I'm good!

It wouldn't be a traditional ride on Splash Mountain if Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox weren't causing some mischief up ahead......

Splash Mountain was themed to an outdated movie before it opened. Song of the South came out in 1946 and Splash was designed in 1983. I actually think Song of the South is misunderstood. If you read the history of the movie, most people were misinformed about it even before it opened. It's actually not what people seem to think it's about. The stories contained in Song and Splash are much older. Read "Tales of Uncle Remus" for the stories. Great stuff! I love Splash and I'm hoping to take my son on it for the first time this summer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter