Pin trading and ebay

That's good to know. CMs (and locals) can get those sets for super cheap. I use to be a pin trader and would go back to cast connection and buy a bunch of pins for a dollar or two each and buy sets for little of nothing. The best was when a set ended up at property control for little of nothing because 1 was missing in the set. Man I miss being able to buy stuff from there. I just cautioned against any full hidden mickey sets on card stock because those don't exist and I have seen shading stuff on amazon and ebay when it comes to pins. I'm glad the ones you got @TML2012 are most likely not fake.
That definitely would have been a nice CM perk! I would probably go broke buying pins.

I got a great deal on park sets of pins at a local disney outlet store. It was a set 6-7 2015 pins for less than $5.
This was in NY last month.

Any advice on where I can sell my good pins? At one time I was really into buying the Disney princesses and others that I liked. Now that I am getting too old and the grandkids are in college I would like to sell what I have at reasonable prices. Have tried when we have a garage sale, but since we live in Wisconsin they do not go over very well. Have considered putting them on Ebay, but this thread is not too encouraging.

Any advice on where I can sell my good pins? At one time I was really into buying the Disney princesses and others that I liked. Now that I am getting too old and the grandkids are in college I would like to sell what I have at reasonable prices. Have tried when we have a garage sale, but since we live in Wisconsin they do not go over very well. Have considered putting them on Ebay, but this thread is not too encouraging.

I live in Wisconsin and would have been interested ;)

The issue will be what you consider a reasonable price. Most pins on ebay go for 1 or 2 dollars tops if that sometimes. The 1 time I bought a pin off ebay I paid 50 cents. If you do sell adjust expectations for what you will get and be honest that you bought them when your grandkids were younger and now have no want or need for them so are just getting rid of what you have.

I've collected since 2000, occasionally sell pins on eBay and have been selling off a friends large collection for the past year.. It's possible to get fair value but it takes patience because timing is a lot of the battle.. If you want a quick sale you'll loose a lot- not everything holds value (and it's often strange what has and hasn't) I'm happy to talk via pm if you want specific advice or pin estimates..

The issue will be what you consider a reasonable price. Most pins on ebay go for 1 or 2 dollars tops if that sometimes. The 1 time I bought a pin off ebay I paid 50 cents. If you do sell adjust expectations for what you will get and be honest that you bought them when your grandkids were younger and now have no want or need for them so are just getting rid of what you have.

It is silly to sell good pins for the cost of scrappers. There are people who appreciate quality and not supporting thieves with scrapper purchases.

It is silly to sell good pins for the cost of scrappers. There are people who appreciate quality and not supporting thieves with scrapper purchases.

That's good to know. I hope someone will pay a fair price but how can anyone guarantee they aren't selling scrappers on ebay? I have seen so many posts that say these aren't scrappers and then they end up being just that. I would still caution to adjust expectations of what they may sell for but start out with the buy no option being as high as you would take and then adjust down from there only stopping when you get lower than what you feel is reasonable.

I've bought the sealed in package pin sets on ebay and a few more expensive pins for my collection and they were all real.

I've never bought actual pin lots from people. I'm not doing as much trading in the parks anymore because of all the fake pins on CM lanyards. I still look for the new Hidden Mickey ones when they come out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter