• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

168587_1520632372060_7761788_n.jpg

November 2010, Rapunzel meets PUSH

Some pictures of the parade as it appeared in the first year or two. (Check out "Skinny Minnie"). The character costumes in general were very low tech compared to today.

vwd874889LARGE.jpg

prd123234LARGE.jpg

3364fd94-837b-4697-b2ce-2332fca09cd0.jpg
[/QUOTE
Some pictures of the parade as it appeared in the first year or two. (Check out "Skinny Minnie"). The character costumes in general were very low tech compared to today.

vwd874889LARGE.jpg

prd123234LARGE.jpg

3364fd94-837b-4697-b2ce-2332fca09cd0.jpg
It looks like some people are sitting on chairs. Did they used to put chairs out for people to sit on for the parade?

These Mardi Gras floats are GREAT!
Wish they would bring them out again. Maybe have some jazz music. I remember a few old Disney cartoons that had Mickey and Donald with jazz music. I would love to see it.

Thanks for sharing the memories @klmall.

Thanks to everyone. Your efforts bring a smile to my heart each time I visit and check the new additions!

FigmentIsTheBest (OP)

You're welcome!

January 2015? You sure? Might have been a non-animatronic Remy?
Yes Im sure, they brought him out to our table in 2013 when we ate lunch there and then in January, 2015 same thing, I don't know if its just occasional now or what but that's why I was surprised to see him listed as things no longer seen.

I hope they'll someday bring it back, too. It was a great experience. And the Stitch ride pales in comparison. I mean, where else can you get to see Ed Rooney get what he has coming to him?

Maybe they'll bring it to MGM when they start their expansions. Or, I could even see a variation of this being built in the (gulp) Avatar-Land (blechhhh) expansion at Animal Kingdom. Yuck, I feel so dirty now.

As for the rest of the pics on this thread, I am loving them. I keep looking for my mop-top 10 yr old self. The things I really miss from my youth are the gondola rides over MK and River Country. The thing I miss most from my 20's is Pleasure Island :thumbsup2 ;) :drinking1

I shake an angry fist at Avatar too! I miss the Jamming Jungle Parade so much! It was by far my favorite parade at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter