Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Some entertainment that has gone away..........

American Vybe singing group in Epcot....

vybe.jpg

Can't believe no one has mentioned Mo'Rockin'. (Or did I miss it?)

morockin.jpg

British Invasion........

british_invasion.jpg

Cast in Bronze - was also sometimes in front of Horizons after it closed, but before it was turned into Mission Space.
Frank and his carillon still travel the country and you can see them at renaissance fairs.

Cast in Bronze - was also sometimes in front of Horizons after it closed, but before it was turned into Mission Space.
Frank and his carillon still travel the country and you can see them at renaissance fairs.

We actually saw this at the Colorado Ren Faire last summer - it was pretty awesome!

Concourse Steakhouse. Another defunct Contemporary restaurant. Still looking for photos of The Pueblo Room, Coconino Cove, and Terrace Buffeteria.

BLJ403.jpg

These sort of capture what that area of the Contemporary looked like when the buffeteria was in full swing. (And who doesn't like the word "buffeteria"?)

4562298-20949594-thumbnail.jpg

858b7bb0.jpg

I wish Walt Disney World had kept its classic original logo. Glad Disneyland never changed theirs. I could take or leave the current WDW logo.
And what I can't figure out is why Disney does not market more aggressively the "retro" side of WDW. If they sold new versions of old logo merchandise, it would be huge. Stuff like this:

contemporary-logo.png

And what I can't figure out is why Disney does not market more aggressively the "retro" side of WDW. If they sold new versions of old logo merchandise, it would be huge.

It can be hard to tell when something goes from being old-fashioned and out-of-style to being "retro" and therefore ironically cool. When Disney has so many ancient things that it claims have never gone out of style (like their princess movies) it can be hard to admit that something younger than Cinderella is now retro.

It can be hard to tell when something goes from being old-fashioned and out-of-style to being "retro" and therefore ironically cool. When Disney has so many ancient things that it claims have never gone out of style (like their princess movies) it can be hard to admit that something younger than Cinderella is now retro.
Yeah. But "retro mod" is definitely "in" and WDW opened up in a mod era. Who wouldn't want a pair of these chairs in their house (from the original design of the Contemporary).

contemporary-resort-room-1971.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter