Phrases from movies/tv that you find yourself using

"Our balls are in your court." Michael Scott - The Office

Many, many from Seinfeld. We really love the skit where Jerry rents a car and they don't have the one he reserved:

"Agent: I'm sorry, we have no mid-size available at the moment.

Jerry: I don't understand, I made a reservation, do you have my reservation?

Agent: Yes, we do, unfortunately we ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the
reservation.

Agent: I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do. If you did, I'd have a car. See, you know how to
take the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation and
that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody
can just take them."

Our son was a huge Thomas the Tank Engine fan, and even though he's a teenager now, DH and I still quote from Thomas on a fairly regular basis. Our favourites are:

"You have caused confusion and delay" and "All trains must wash down daily". If we think somebody might be exaggerating or telling a whopper, we use "he didn't know that James was boastful, and sometimes didn't tell the truth".

The quote we use the most though is from The Princess Bride. At least on a monthly basis one of us will tell the other "Have fun storming the castle!"

My husband also likes to go all Vernon Dursley and yell "Bring me my coffee, Boy!"

DS and I banter with "you mom (fill in the blank)" to which I reply 'Oh wait, I AM your mom."

(Napoleon Dynamite where Kip says "Your mom goes to college")

And dh's favorite: "You talkin to me?"

DD#2 says "Don't tempt me, Frodo." And we quote our local TV weatherman "I'll tell ya what..."

Queen Colleen

"Our balls are in your court." Michael Scott - The Office

Many, many from Seinfeld. We really love the skit where Jerry rents a car and they don't have the one he reserved:

"Agent: I'm sorry, we have no mid-size available at the moment.

Jerry: I don't understand, I made a reservation, do you have my reservation?

Agent: Yes, we do, unfortunately we ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the
reservation.

Agent: I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do. If you did, I'd have a car. See, you know how to
take the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation and
that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody
can just take them."

That episode is one of my favorites - you know at the end when he takes the car back all beaten up and they tell him the insurance won't cover it? He's eating the pretzel and he says "these pretzels are making me thirsty!" That's a line DH and I use ALL THE TIME when something happens and we're really mad and there's nothing else to say!

Seriously?
You talking to me?
I'll be back (done in my best Arnold voice)
Houston, we have a problem
What we have here is a failure to communicate

We use most of these....

Last year DS8 was in first grade, and he got in trouble or it was a "cause for concern" on how frequently he quoted TV shows...the teacher mentioned a few, none were inappropriate, thank goodness!

So I went home and told DH andhe laughed his butt off because he said that is all we do around here, it is fun, so of course DS does that, that teacher needs to relax!

"You talkin' to me?" is from Taxi Driver I believe. "Say hello to my little friend" is from Scarface. I have no clue on the B-E-A-utiful--hopefully someone else knows.

Oh, yeah. I got the Taxi Driver "You talkin' to me?" mixed up with Friends' "How you doin'?". It was the talkin' and the doin'.

I had no clue about Scarface - never seen it. And I still don't know what the BEAutiful thing is, either.

So "pilgrim" from John Waye was really the only one I may have right out of those four, and I'm not 100% sure that that is the reference in this case.

So I'm thinking that naming the movie and/or actor was probably necessary afterall.

Just thought of another one.

From Down Periscope, "I think we prefer to go with the bizarre and risky. Worked for us so far." Also DH uses "I love this job" said with the intonation of Kelsey Grammer's character. (DH also works in a dysfunctional place, however it doesn't have the success that the crew of the Stingray had ;). If only life were a movie, lol!)

I picked up some stuff from Buffy the Vampire Slayer like... "what's the sitch...", adding "-age" to the end of words etc..

Seinfeld... "yadda yadda yadda", "not that there is anything wrong with that"

The Office... "that's what she said"

Andy Griffith Show:

"Nip it." Nip it the bud." Said by Barney Fife.

"She's nice. Real nice." said by Gomer about Thelma's cousin Mary Grace.

"Do it again! Do it again." Said after Goober does his "Judy, Judy, Judy" impression.

That list goes on and on!!

"Oh Archie!!" said in my best Edith voice.

"You got some 'splaining to do, Lucy." from Ricky.

Ok, Skipper!" from Gilligan. And lots more from Gilligan's Island. :)

"Jane! Stop this crazy thing!!!" Said by George Jetson when the world or anything is outta control around us.

"Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, Punk?" Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry

"A good man knows his limitations." Clint Eastwood in Magnum Force (?)

Around here, there are either lots of quotes or lots of songs being song. There's a song for everything. ;)

Oh, yeah. I got the Taxi Driver "You talkin' to me?" mixed up with Friends' "How you doin'?". It was the talkin' and the doin'.

That made me giggle for some reason.

I don't usually quote Friends, but I can relate just about any situation in life to an episode of Friends. I'm sure it drives my friends bonkers.

The thing I say the most that is a direct result of a movie is "curious". Obi-Wan Kenobi said it in Episode II where most people would have said "interesting". I use it frequently.

After watching The Wedding, I decided that I absolutely must find a way to work "betwixt" into my conversations from now on :thumbsup2

One of my favorites is from Blazing Saddles......It's true, it's true.

"I have a cunning plan...." from Blackadder.
"The machine that goes Ping!"
"Nasty big, pointy teeth!"
"Run away! Run away!", all Monty Python.

Don't you just love the way River says "Spoilers"?

Occassionally, we'll use "Exterminate" as well and I'll use my Dr. Who signature down at the bottom - "Wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff."

The way she says it is awesome! I'm wanting to nail how she uses the line and I must quote a ton of Doctor Who, Ten being a favorite for good lines along with Eleven (plus I have been known to quote Jack's flirt exchange (see him and Martha meeting in Utopia for one).

Are you talkin to me
I'm walkin here
One of these days Alice...
It's Chinatown
I'm disinclined to acquiesce

If someone says "It's a small world" I like to say "and getting smaller"

@ Christmastime.... "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" when answering the phone :santa:

We use a lot of movie and tv quotes around here. My favs are

"Why is the rum gone" from Pirates

"That's for me to know and you to (dot, dot, dot,)" Vampires Diaries

"Oy with the Poodles already" Gilmore Girls

"I'm a kayak, hear me roar" Gilmore Girls

"I got an idea so smart that if my head even began to understand what I was talking about it would explode" Family Guy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter