• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Superthread!

It used to be that PhotoPass + came with a printed picture from character dining, but to get a voucher for the printed picture now you'd have to buy the upgraded package. You would still get digital photos from Goofy's but not a printed photo with the regular Photopass+.
Ok thanks yea I remember getting a cute folder with one picture only and the rest were added to my pp+ so do I need to purchase ahead of time or not? Can I purchase the week pass after or does it need to be purchased before hand to work for more than one day?

From the The Disney PhotoPass Facebook page:

The Disney PhotoPass Collection can be purchased for $99 at a Disney PhotoPass Sales Center (Main Street Photo Supply at Disneyland Park or Kingswell Camera Shop at Disney California Adventure Park) or at participating attraction and dining locations.
-------------
So if you want the print it sounds like you need to purchase once you get there. I'd guess you could upgrade the regular PhotoPass+ you can buy online to include the print once you arrive, but I can't find anyplace where it actually states you can do that. However, someone else mentioned it doesn't save you any money since the photo costs $30 anyway. I can tell you that after buying the PhotoPass+ online it did not offer any option to add the "Collection" (the print).
------------

Disney PhotoPass+ One Week can be purchased for $69 before, during, or after your visit to Disneyland Resort only through Disneyland.com/PhotoPass.

From the The Disney PhotoPass Facebook page:

The Disney PhotoPass Collection can be purchased for $99 at a Disney PhotoPass Sales Center (Main Street Photo Supply at Disneyland Park or Kingswell Camera Shop at Disney California Adventure Park) or at participating attraction and dining locations.
-------------
So if you want the print it sounds like you need to purchase once you get there. I'd guess you could upgrade the regular PhotoPass+ you can buy online to include the print once you arrive, but I can't find anyplace where it actually states you can do that. However, someone else mentioned it doesn't save you any money since the photo costs $30 anyway. I can tell you that after buying the PhotoPass+ online it did not offer any option to add the "Collection" (the print).
------------

Disney PhotoPass+ One Week can be purchased for $69 before, during, or after your visit to Disneyland Resort only through Disneyland.com/PhotoPass.

I don't need the picture printed there. I just wanted inluded in the PP+. So from what i read i can purchase it after and just add all the pictures from the various days we were there right? There is no benefit to purchasing before.

Has anyone heard anything new about borders? There must be some tech issue why they dropped them since they still have them at WDW. I just keep hoping they'll figure it out and add them back.

I don't need the picture printed there. I just wanted inluded in the PP+. So from what i read i can purchase it after and just add all the pictures from the various days we were there right? There is no benefit to purchasing before.

Pictures from Goofy's are included in the regular PP+; you don't need the upgraded PP+ "Collection" which includes a print and is an additional $30. So yes, you can purchase it after and I don't see any benefit from purchasing before, unless like me, you're doing so for budgeting purposes, or you're afraid they might discontinue it again. :)

Pictures from Goofy's are included in the regular PP+; you don't need the upgraded PP+ "Collection" which includes a print and is an additional $30. So yes, you can purchase it after and I don't see any benefit from purchasing before, unless like me, you're doing so for budgeting purposes, or you're afraid they might discontinue it again. :)

We leave tomorrow and i don't thnk they would discontinue so quick but you never know so i think ill just purchase right now. Also I am traveling with other family memers can we purchase just one pp+ and everyones pictures that aren't on the original card to them later?

Previously the photo pass + was $69 advance purchase or $99 at the time of visit. I think that's why there are so many people wanting to advance purchase the package. I pre- purchased it this time because that's where my mind went when I saw it.​

And I'm afraid they will change their mind. (Doubtful I know but...... Lol)

I'm thrilled they are giving more time to finalize the 7 days; last time I had to buy the extension because I miscounted my 30 days.

As always HUGE kudos to DIS boards because I never would have known it was back.:disrocks:

Also I am traveling with other family memers can we purchase just one pp+ and everyones pictures that aren't on the original card to them later?

So I just called Disney to confirm a few things.

Yes, you can still get a regular card from any photographer at the park and link it to your Photopass Plus account. You don't have to show them your phone. But you do have the option of doing that if you don't want a card.

Yes, if your family splits up you can link multiple cards to your account.

We are going to Disneyland in August for 3 days. Is there any advantage to buying the photo pass plus in advance? We had done it a couple years ago, and it seemed the photographers spent more time with you when they saw the lanyard. Is that still the case? Otherwise, we may as well wait and see whether we are happy with the photos. I just want to make sure I'm understanding the new system. We will be doing one character dining at Minnie's. Thanks!

I really liked having the lanyard so I didn't have to keep digging the card out. It also helped to reduce the member of cards I would end up with since they could see it. A lot of the photographers are so quick, they'd have my photos scanned to a new card before I could get my current card handed to them.

I wonder if the shops still have the hole punch and I could just add a card to my lanyard? Hmmm....

I think this question was kind of asked - but I'm not sure I understand....

I already purchased the base photoplus package - the $69 dollar one? - We will be in California more than a week. So if I open the first photo, am I cracking into my only 7 days? Like I will have to download them somehow before my trip is over? We usually have a computer with us - but the drive where we usually download our pics is at home.

No, you don't have to download before your trip is over. You have 45 days to download. Looking at your photos doesn't affect anything.

The 7 days is just how many consecutive days of photos you get. It starts at 6 am on the day of your first photo.

Hi. Can anyone help please? Just got back and wanted to add some borders to my photos before downloading but doesn't give me an option to do so. Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Hi. Can anyone help please? Just got back and wanted to add some borders to my photos before downloading but doesn't give me an option to do so. Any advice greatly appreciated :)

From what I understand you can no longer do that. Yeah. Crazy.

Has anyone else had the problem that the photos expire before they should? We went to Disneyland in June for two days and when we came back home I linked my photopass cards to my account and tried to order all pictures for the two days but was not able to place the order even though I tried several different credit cards etc. Strange since I have placed Photopass orders three times before with no problems. Anyway, I sent them an e-mail and got a response five days later that they would add a one-time photo extension and that my photos would begin to expire on August 12, 2016 at 8AM EST. Which is tomorrow. I went in and looked at the pictures and could see myself that the ones from the first day would expire on the 12th and the ones from the second day would expire on the 13th. However, now when I went to the Disney site to order them, hoping it would work this time, all the photos are gone. Both the ones expiring tomorrow and the ones expiring on Saturday. I'm really panicking because I need those pictures since they are invaluable memories for our family expecially for our 7 year old son. I e-mailed them but the automatic response says they willl get back within 7 days which doesn't really make me feel better. Also tried the chat but it seems like it's never on even though it's within the stated timeframe when it should be open. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter