• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Superthread!

No, the $39/day gives you downloads of all your photos for that day.

I don't know why it would redirect you to the WDW site. They are completely different programs.

At DLR, there are only 3 ways to get Photopass shots:

1) $39/day
2) "free" with the correct level AP
3) by the photo (somewhere around $15/shot)

Also note that you cannot add borders or stickers from the app or website like you can on the WDW side of things and like you used to be able to do on the DLR side of things.

Perfect...thanks so much for your help. $39 a day is worth all the photos to me still - and just to confirm...can I prepay for this if I dig and find the right website?

Perfect...thanks so much for your help. $39 a day is worth all the photos to me still - and just to confirm...can I prepay for this if I dig and find the right website?

I think you can. But there's no benefit to prepaying. Probably better to wait in case someone gets sick that day or it rains all day or whatever.

I think you can. But there's no benefit to prepaying. Probably better to wait in case someone gets sick that day or it rains all day or whatever.
Oh excellent. So just into the Photo Shop each morning on Main Street? That's awesome. Thanks!

Oh excellent. So just into the Photo Shop each morning on Main Street? That's awesome. Thanks!
I haven't done it yet, but I think you can just buy it on the app, even after your trip (but before the photos expire).

Woo-hoo!!! This just saved me a bunch of money! Thanks for posting the link!

ETA: I'm looking forward to reports from those who've used this product. :-) I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying before the trip...

Last edited:
Anybody know what triggers the start time for an advance purchase of the one week pass? I know I'm going to want this for our trip in October, but is it just activated with the first picture I select? Obviously don't want it to start before we go.

under the new system -- can you add the ride photos to your account after the fact? i still have a voucher from the old photopass+ system that I was going to redeem in October, wonder if they will still accept it? or if they still have the special photopass+ cards with laynard?

Hi we are doing our first disney trip in october after having to cancel our trip last september. I still have the origional photopass + voucher that i bought prior to last years trip. I know i can still use this for our trip this year, but im wondering how i go about downloading them now? Do i have 45 days from date of pic taken to download photos? It used to be 30 days to claim then another 30 days to download has this changed now? We will be at disney on 14th october until the 20th. Then wont get back to australia until November 7th. Can i check and download photos via my phone while im away or will i need my laptop, inwhich ase id have to do it when we get home?

Anybody know what triggers the start time for an advance purchase of the one week pass? I know I'm going to want this for our trip in October, but is it just activated with the first picture I select? Obviously don't want it to start before we go.

I just purchased a one week pass. Here are the terms and conditions from the confirmation email:
  • If you have purchased PhotoPass+ One Week, the Disney PhotoPass+ Window begins at 6am Pacific Time on the date of the photo selected on Disneyland.com/photopass when purchasing Disney PhotoPass+ One Week (or when activating Disney PhotoPass+ One Week purchased in advance), and ends on the 6th day after such date at 11:59pm Pacific Time (which including the day of activation, creates a PhotoPass+ Window of seven (7) days).
I'm still trying to understand - if I buy one of the passes, either one or multiday, I understand I can see photos on my phone via the app. But are there watermarks on them? Can I just download them and get them printed at my local print place of choice at no extra cost towards Disney?

Also, do Photpass photographers in Disneyland take photos with your own device? The ones in WDW did, just wondering if it's the same in Disneyland.

I didn't see anything referring to watermarks but I can't imagine why there would be. Yes, you just download them and can get them printed anywhere. There is an option to have Disney print them but you don't have to do that. And yes, they will take photos with your device as well as from their own cameras. We did this frequently even when we've bought it in the past to ensure we had timestamps on photos in case the ones the photographers took were mixed up with other guests' photos.

Hi we are doing our first disney trip in october after having to cancel our trip last september. I still have the origional photopass + voucher that i bought prior to last years trip. I know i can still use this for our trip this year, but im wondering how i go about downloading them now? Do i have 45 days from date of pic taken to download photos? It used to be 30 days to claim then another 30 days to download has this changed now? We will be at disney on 14th october until the 20th. Then wont get back to australia until November 7th. Can i check and download photos via my phone while im away or will i need my laptop, inwhich ase id have to do it when we get home?

I'm not sure I totally understand your question, but -- From the Terms and Conditions:

Expiration Extension
Enjoy extra time to purchase digital download rights and prints! Disney PhotoPass photos expire 45 days after capture, but a one-time Expiration Extension allows you to have 60 days after capture to view your photos and decide which ones you want.

So you would have 45 days after the date of the first photo chosen, then if you want to purchase more time you could buy an additional 60 days for $19.95.

It talks about viewing on the Disneyland app, so it looks like you'd be able to use your phone.

Question we are leaving in three days. Last we went we used pp+ and we were able to use on pictures from goofys kitchen. Is this still the same? When I purchased last time I think I received a voucher that I then turned into a store and they gave me the pass is this still the same?

From what I understand you don't have to pre-purchase PP+ anymore as they don't send you a voucher to turn in. You activate it on your phone and get a card from a PP photographer and use that same card to load photos on for the duration of your visit.

From what I understand you don't have to pre-purchase PP+ anymore as they don't send you a voucher to turn in. You activate it on your phone and get a card from a PP photographer and use that same card to load photos on for the duration of your visit.

What about dining pictures with characters. do we need to have it pre-purchased? and pp+ does include those right

I don't think you have to pre purchase but you may want to call to verify. It looks like you can have the photos taken then link them to your account after the fact. Here's what it says on the site:

Dining Photos
Start off a delicious Disney dining experience by adding a special memory, with a Disney PhotoPass group photo.

Disney PhotoPass Photographers are available at these dining locations:

Check Character Dining times for scheduled Disney Character appearances at some locations.

You can also link your dining photos on Disneyland.com/PhotoPass or by using the Disneyland mobile app.

It's going to be interesting to see if any more "new" products come out. I'm hoping they post some kind of comparison chart; this could get confusing.

Question we are leaving in three days. Last we went we used pp+ and we were able to use on pictures from goofys kitchen. Is this still the same? When I purchased last time I think I received a voucher that I then turned into a store and they gave me the pass is this still the same?

It used to be that PhotoPass + came with a printed picture from character dining, but to get a voucher for the printed picture now you'd have to buy the upgraded package. You would still get digital photos from Goofy's but not a printed photo with the regular Photopass+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter