• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass for DL??

Thanks Disney Dreams, trying to work this out, If I extend the photos from trip 1, that is the photos taken between 9/22 and 10/10, 3 times 15 days that should take me up to about 1/4. Does that seem right? Even though I've extended those photos can I add the later photos so they will be on the same CD. How would I do that? Sorry to be slow catching on, I just seem to have a mental block on this. :confused3

Yes you can keep uploading your PP photos until you place your order. Just keep uploading your new PP cards just like normal.

I got the same thing you did. Upload first pictures on 10/22 would need to order by 11/21. Extend for 15 days once to 12-6, extend again to 12-21, and then finally extend one more time to 1-5-12. That would give you 15 days after your last day at DLR to do your edits. I would go ahead and do one less day for your first upload if that makes you more comfortable though I have always done my uploads and ordering on the 30 day mark without any problems. This would mean 3 extensions so you would be paying $59.95 (DLR price) plus $30 for 3 extensions, total $89.95 plus shipping. (less than $3). Since you will be at DLR on Dec. 21st (date of your last extension deadline) and WDW before that will you be able to go online and do the last extension?

Final UPDATE

Stopped at the Photo Shop around 11am today. One of the managers happened to be there and told me the new Gallery CDs with the coupons are coming out of Florida. She said the last email update they got just said the new packaging and photos are in production. They gave her no expected date of delivery. She said it could be a matter of days weeks or even months before they arrive.

She told me they get multiple requests a day from guests for them and they are hoping the new CD arrives soon.

Good luck to all that are going to DLR soon. I hope they arrive pronto!

dsny1mom

Final UPDATE

Stopped at the Photo Shop around 11am today. One of the managers happened to be there and told me the new Gallery CDs with the coupons are coming out of Florida. She said the last email update they got just said the new packaging and photos are in production. They gave her no expected date of delivery. She said it could be a matter of days weeks or even months before they arrive.

She told me they get multiple requests a day from guests for them and they are hoping the new CD arrives soon.

Good luck to all that are going to DLR soon. I hope they arrive pronto!

dsny1mom

Thanks so much for the update. I doubt they'll get them in by the end of next weekend (when we come back home). Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll find a few more of the old ones in the back some where ... one can wish for a little Disney magic (since I'm not sure when we'll be able to make it back to DL again from the East Coast) :sad2:

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that as far as they know they'll be a coupon in them. I went on Friday but we only stayed a few hours and didn't actually make it over to DL. Stayed at DCA only.

I'll check next time we go. Should be in a week or so. Sorry that some of you won't be able to get one.:sad2: Too bad we can't do anything involving money on these boards. I totally understand why but otherwise I would offer to help once they came in.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that as far as they know they'll be a coupon in them. I went on Friday but we only stayed a few hours and didn't actually make it over to DL. Stayed at DCA only.

I'll check next time we go. Should be in a week or so. Sorry that some of you won't be able to get one.:sad2: Too bad we can't do anything involving money on these boards. I totally understand why but otherwise I would offer to help once they came in.

Ok, I just read the last page of this, maybe I should go back and reread, can someone please explain to me about this photo gallery thing?? I will be heading out soon and for sure will be getting a photopass CD, but if there is something else I can get, please let me know. Thank You.:goodvibes

Ok, I just read the last page of this, maybe I should go back and reread, can someone please explain to me about this photo gallery thing?? I will be heading out soon and for sure will be getting a photopass CD, but if there is something else I can get, please let me know. Thank You.:goodvibes

Jen-Disneyland sells a Photo Gallery CD Disney's Photopass PhotoCD Value Pack that has over 300 images taken by Disney photographers that you can purchase for $59.95. The one that they just ran out of was from 2009 so there were no photos of Woc on it but some pretty nice shots with guests, etc. Inc. in the CD was a coupon for a free Photopass CD of all your PP taken shots. Normally $59.95. So basically it's like getting the Galley CD for free. But if you have an AP it's even better. For example, with the Prem. AP you get 20% off the CD. Also, the CD voucher inc. free regular shipping. So for around $53 you get the Photo Gallery CD and your Photopass CD. A pretty good deal!:goodvibes

Apparently the new Photo Gallery CD is due in soon and is supposed to have the free coupon in it as well. I hope so. I also hope it has newer pictures. I would love to see some professional ones of WoC, etc.

I bought a total of 3 of these CDs for the discount. I plan on buying some of the new ones as well. The last coupons had no expiration date so you could use them anytime.

I actually started a thread on this months ago-you can see it here..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2576990

Thanks Dizneydaz, I didn't understand the whole Photo Gallery CD Disney's Photopass PhotoCD. Now I get it. Seems like a great idea to buy one. Just to clarify, you have to buy the CD in the park before going home? is that right?

...Just to clarify, you have to buy the CD in the park before going home? is that right?

Yes, sort of. You have to buy the CD in the Park before you go home. However, what you are actually buying is the stock photos CD that DizneyDaz explain above and a coupon code included in the CD case for your PhotoPass CD which you will actually order from home after you go home, input your PhotoPass code(s) and make any edits to your pictures that you want.

The code zeros out the cost of the CD, whereby giving you what you paid for in the park: your PhotoPass CD.

I hope that makes sense (it does in my head :rotfl:),
Dreams

FYI...just because I wanted to know what they would say...from yesterday.

MyMuse18: @disneyphotopass can the site be updated to explain #disneyworld vs #disneyland photopass? because I'm still all confused.

DisneyPhotoPass: @MyMuse18 anything specific we can help clear up?

MyMuse18: @disneyphotopass or does one buy Gallery CD, get coupon, then Photopass CD for the borders/edits?? *scratches head*

DisneyPhotoPass: @MyMuse18 you'll get all of your Disneyland PhotoPass photos, PLUS the gallery cd has over 300 great high-res Disneyland photos on it!

MyMuse18: @disneyphotopass thank you for the info!!! if I buy gallery CD (coupon for photopass cd?), I can still do borders/edits on my photopass pics?

DisneyPhotoPass: @MyMuse18 yes. Look for the Value Pack in the park.

Thanks for sharing that! It's good to know that you can keep paying for extensions.

She absolutely can. Without my long sordid PP story, I paid for 3 extensions and got photos from a WDW visit and several DLR celebrations on one Photopass CD, along with the stock photo gallery CD from the pre-purchase in the Park. The last extension was merely the need for more time for bordering and editing... until my eyes went cross! ROFL!

If you keep paying, they will keep extending.

- Dreams

FYI...just because I wanted to know what they would say...from yesterday.

MyMuse18: @disneyphotopass can the site be updated to explain #disneyworld vs #disneyland photopass? because I'm still all confused.

DisneyPhotoPass: @MyMuse18 anything specific we can help clear up?

MyMuse18: @disneyphotopass or does one buy Gallery CD, get coupon, then Photopass CD for the borders/edits?? *scratches head*

DisneyPhotoPass: @MyMuse18 you'll get all of your Disneyland PhotoPass photos, PLUS the gallery cd has over 300 great high-res Disneyland photos on it!

MyMuse18: @disneyphotopass thank you for the info!!! if I buy gallery CD (coupon for photopass cd?), I can still do borders/edits on my photopass pics?

DisneyPhotoPass: @MyMuse18 yes. Look for the Value Pack in the park.

This is exactly what is explained in previous posts and is correct. Not sure I understand your post. Are you thinking they gave incorrect info?

Thanks for sharing that! It's good to know that you can keep paying for extensions.
You're welcome. If you pay, your photos will stay. hehe

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter