photo sharing: Your best shot from the last time you used your camera...

These were the last few that I took.
100_4074.jpg

CIMG0573.jpg

The Comfort of a mom
CIMG0601.jpg

My Thinking hubby
100_4068.jpg

are you talking about the halogen work lights...???

are you shooting straight on with your SB-600, bouncing it will throw some light down between subject and background helping to eliminate shadow

also brighter lights can increase the shadow, try moving your subject away from the background more, that should help soften the shadow

No they're not halogen work lights. Just the $10 clamp lights that you can put a regular light bulb in. I have a 10" one and an 8" one.

I have the camera in portrait orientation with the flash bouncing up with the diffuser on.

The shadow is coming from the flash. When standing behind the camera looking at the subject the flash is off to the left, thus the shadow on the right side of the image.

I don't have a lot of space in the room I used on this shot, but I think your right that moving the background further away will help. I was thinking about using a 75 watt bulb on the clamp light to the right of the camera. Maybe point it a little more towards the background. That might not work though. We'll see what happens next time.

Michele...What kind of camera do you shoot with? Nice shots. I love the colour saturation.:thumbsup2

I have a Canon 40D. The first shot was with the 50mm 1.8 and the second one was with the kit 28-135 IS.

No they're not halogen work lights. Just the $10 clamp lights that you can put a regular light bulb in. I have a 10" one and an 8" one.

I have the camera in portrait orientation with the flash bouncing up with the diffuser on.

The shadow is coming from the flash. When standing behind the camera looking at the subject the flash is off to the left, thus the shadow on the right side of the image.

I don't have a lot of space in the room I used on this shot, but I think your right that moving the background further away will help. I was thinking about using a 75 watt bulb on the clamp light to the right of the camera. Maybe point it a little more towards the background. That might not work though. We'll see what happens next time.

2 other things you could try to eliminate the shadow

1. remove the dome the extra light from the bounce might do the trick
2. angle the flash down a little

Wow Robin. You had an amazing view!

This is going to sound like the dumbest question ever...is that really a live person? It looks like a statue...it's freakin me out jussssssst a little. :goodvibes

Yes LOL, he was certainly real. I asked if it was ok to take a picture of him and he said yes, and went into this 'pose'.

These are my two favorites of all the pics I took on Sunday in New York...

4b.jpg

21.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter